[OT] The continuing saga of the shady monitor

Old May 31st 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default [OT] The continuing saga of the shady monitor

Well after much hemming and hawing, and despite warnings from others in the
NG, I went ahead and completed the transaction. The seller had ultimately
reduced shipping to $33 (up from 17.77 and down from 59.42 or whatever). I
am not totally happy with this seller's attitude and tactics. My gut told
me to walk away but I tried to score another monitor last night and came
nowhere near the price of this one. I hope my quest for a great deal does
not get the best of me.

This morning has not brought any additional comfort. I paid last night via
PayPal around 11:30 PM. This morning I got an email from the seller asking
me "what's with the payment On Hold?". He groused that this has been one
the most painstaking transactions ever and that I really need to learn to
trust other people if I want to do transactions online.

Apparently having feedback is excess of 1500 didn't provide him a clue that
I am not a spring chicken when it comes to online business dealings. I am
not sure how I am supposed to trust someone who tried to gouge me on
shipping and pretend it was a normal business practice. Furthermore I paid
within 24 hours of auction close. What is so freakin' paintstaking? That I
didn't drop my drawers, bend over, and take his outrageous shipping charges
like a man?

The transaction is on hold probably because of PayPal's new policy. I hope
this is not a foreshadowing of events to come.

At this point I will keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully no one in this NG
has to say they told me so. If anything is wrong with the monitor I will not
be very forgiving with this seller considering the attitude he has expressed
toward me about his buyers.

Old May 31st 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

Default The continuing saga of the shady monitor

On May 31, 12:27*pm, "PC" wrote:
[...]

Nobody gives a **** about you, your monitor or your expereince with
your seller.
If not happy, leave a negative, sue, write your Congressman but don't
post here!
Old May 31st 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"RF" wrote in message

Nobody gives a **** about you, your monitor or your expereince with
your seller.

You should join the Dave Heinz club of "I don't know how to work a killfile
so I whine about it instead".

Old May 31st 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On May 31, 1:06*pm, "PC" wrote:
"RF" wrote in message

Nobody gives a **** about you, your monitor or your expereince with
your seller.

You should join the Dave Heinz club of "I don't know how to work a killfile
so I whine about it instead".

And YOU should join the Fwankie "I like to whine about eBay" club.
Old May 31st 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"RF" wrote in message

You should join the Dave Heinz club of "I don't know how to work a
killfile
so I whine about it instead".

And YOU should join the Fwankie "I like to whine about eBay" club.

Sorry, if you are going to try and flame me, you should at least attempt to
do so with something that makes sense. You personally have turned the art
of complaining into a fine whine.

50 bonus points to anyone who can spot the rich irony in RF's first response
to this thread.

Old May 31st 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MJKolodziej

"PC" wrote in message
. ..

"RF" wrote in message

You should join the Dave Heinz club of "I don't know how to work a
killfile
so I whine about it instead".

And YOU should join the Fwankie "I like to whine about eBay" club.

Sorry, if you are going to try and flame me, you should at least attempt
to do so with something that makes sense. You personally have turned the
art of complaining into a fine whine.

50 bonus points to anyone who can spot the rich irony in RF's first
response to this thread.

Can't. He's in my KF, did you quote the whole response?
mk
(Keep us updated on the deal)

Old May 31st 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"MJKolodziej" wrote in message
owncomputing...

50 bonus points to anyone who can spot the rich irony in RF's first
response to this thread.

Can't. He's in my KF, did you quote the whole response?

No, I tend to trim posts and sometimes trim too much. He intimated that no
one cares about what I have to say.

mk
(Keep us updated on the deal)

Thanks. I appreciate it.

I held back sending the seller a manifesto on his shady business practices.
I was very tempted to do so. His curt email this morning almost got my
blood boiling. Instead, I opted to simply inform him that I had no hand in
holding up the funds - that it is purely PayPal's doing. I told him that I
look forward to receiving and enjoying the monitor.

There is no reason this can't end on a happy note. If the monitor works I
got a good deal then all is well that ends well.

In a way this will serve to make me a better seller as I have now
experienced first hand what a difficult seller is like from a buyer's
perspective. Even if I am ultimately happy with the product I will still
have a bad feeling about the whole experience and will never enter into
another business dealing with this guy again.

Old May 31st 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Padraic Brown

On Sat, 31 May 2008 13:40:27 -0500, "PC" wrote:

"MJKolodziej" wrote in message
towncomputing...

50 bonus points to anyone who can spot the rich irony in RF's first
response to this thread.

Can't. He's in my KF, did you quote the whole response?

No, I tend to trim posts and sometimes trim too much. He intimated that no
one cares about what I have to say.

The fine irony being that few people can even read the post where he
says no one cares about your issue, while in point of actual fact,
he's a long term resident in many folk's killfiles?

I held back sending the seller a manifesto on his shady business practices.
I was very tempted to do so.

It wouldn't have hurt to offer him a simple reminder / tip that such
excessive fees are against Ebay policies, etc., etc., so please don't
try to charge me any extra.

Old May 31st 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On May 31, 2:02*pm, "PC" wrote:

Sorry, if you are going to try and flame me, you should at least attempt to
do so with something that makes sense. *

If your IQ was over 3, it would have made sense to you.
Feel free to join Hinz as a resident village idiot.