Is it really gold?

Old January 18th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Lee[_2_]

Default Is it really gold?

Out of lurking again.

I was watching that gold commercial Gordon Liddy does for Roseland Capital.
At the end he shuffled a handful of gold coins from one hand to the other.
They sounded like a handful of plastic to me so I was wondering about it? Was
he shuffling real Gold Coins?

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Park Ridge, NJ

Old January 19th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Lee" wrote in message
Out of lurking again.

I was watching that gold commercial Gordon Liddy does for Roseland
Capital.
At the end he shuffled a handful of gold coins from one hand to the other.
They sounded like a handful of plastic to me so I was wondering about it?
Was
he shuffling real Gold Coins?

If you're dumb enough to invest in an enterprise being touted by a
borderline psychotic convicted felon, then it's fool's gold.

Old January 19th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

mazorj wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
Out of lurking again.

I was watching that gold commercial Gordon Liddy does for Roseland
Capital.
At the end he shuffled a handful of gold coins from one hand to the
other. They sounded like a handful of plastic to me so I was
wondering about it? Was
he shuffling real Gold Coins?

If you're dumb enough to invest in an enterprise being touted by a
borderline psychotic convicted felon, then it's fool's gold.

Gold is gold, and the companies touting it hire barkers they think will
reach the target demographic. That said, I'd sooner buy gold that was being
pimped by G. Gordon than by Pat Boone.

James the Choosy

Old January 19th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Jan 18, 7:32*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
mazorj wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
m...
Out of lurking again.

I was watching that gold commercial Gordon Liddy does for Roseland
Capital.
At the end he shuffled a handful of gold coins from one hand to the
other. They sounded like a handful of plastic to me so I was
wondering about it? Was
he shuffling real Gold Coins?

If you're dumb enough to invest in an enterprise being touted by a
borderline psychotic convicted felon, then it's fool's gold.

Gold is gold, and the companies touting it hire barkers they think will
reach the target demographic. *That said, I'd sooner buy gold that was being
pimped by G. Gordon than by Pat Boone.

James the Choosy

Mmm ... yes, but

http://www.tungsten-alloy.com/en/alloy11.htm

is worth a look. Our esteemed colleagues from China have most
interesting ideas.
Old January 19th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

mazorj wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
Out of lurking again.

I was watching that gold commercial Gordon Liddy does for Roseland
Capital.
At the end he shuffled a handful of gold coins from one hand to the
other. They sounded like a handful of plastic to me so I was
wondering about it? Was
he shuffling real Gold Coins?

If you're dumb enough to invest in an enterprise being touted by a
borderline psychotic convicted felon, then it's fool's gold.

Gold is gold, and the companies touting it hire barkers they think
will reach the target demographic. That said, I'd sooner buy gold
that was being pimped by G. Gordon than by Pat Boone.

James the Choosy

Mmm ... yes, but

http://www.tungsten-alloy.com/en/alloy11.htm

is worth a look. Our esteemed colleagues from China have most
interesting ideas.

Curses, foiled again. But then, whom does one trust? It seems that the
world is headed in the direction of increasing sham, pretense, and
artificiality. And all of it is sanitized and whitewashed by the glitter
and sparkle of a bold webpage.

James the Fakir

Old January 19th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

mazorj wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
Out of lurking again.

I was watching that gold commercial Gordon Liddy does for Roseland
Capital.
At the end he shuffled a handful of gold coins from one hand to the
other. They sounded like a handful of plastic to me so I was
wondering about it? Was
he shuffling real Gold Coins?

If you're dumb enough to invest in an enterprise being touted by a
borderline psychotic convicted felon, then it's fool's gold.

Gold is gold, and the companies touting it hire barkers they think will
reach the target demographic. That said, I'd sooner buy gold that was
being pimped by G. Gordon than by Pat Boone.

Next you'll be telling us you prefer Tutti Frutti by Little Richard over the
emotional cover by Mr. Boone (who probably has more gold to offer today than
Mr. Penniman). Personally, I wouldn't buy anything that was being pimped by
either Liddy or Boone.

Old January 19th 10, 01:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
mazorj wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
[...]

Me either. But in an either A or B choice...

And tell me, did Mr. Boone bowdlerize his cover of Tutti by any chance?

James the Censor

Old January 19th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:
mazorj wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
[...]

I dunno. Likely, but I could never stomach it all the way through. I still
have all my original 1950's LR 45's to savor. I was going to say they don't
make songs like that anymore, but on second thought.........

Old January 19th 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Lee[_2_]

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:32:14 -0500, Mr. Jaggers wrote
(in article ):

mazorj wrote:
"Lee" wrote in message
Out of lurking again.

I was watching that gold commercial Gordon Liddy does for Roseland
Capital.
At the end he shuffled a handful of gold coins from one hand to the
other. They sounded like a handful of plastic to me so I was
wondering about it? Was
he shuffling real Gold Coins?

If you're dumb enough to invest in an enterprise being touted by a
borderline psychotic convicted felon, then it's fool's gold.

Gold is gold, and the companies touting it hire barkers they think will
reach the target demographic. That said, I'd sooner buy gold that was being
pimped by G. Gordon than by Pat Boone.

James the Choosy

thanks for your replies??? The gold just sounded too light weight to be
real.

Watching those commercials back in the olden days on channel 9 NY turned me
away from buying anything touted by anyone on tv.

Old January 19th 10, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter Irwin

Peter wrote:

http://www.tungsten-alloy.com/en/alloy11.htm

is worth a look. Our esteemed colleagues from China have most
interesting ideas.

Curses, foiled again. But then, whom does one trust? It seems that the
world is headed in the direction of increasing sham, pretense, and
artificiality. And all of it is sanitized and whitewashed by the glitter
and sparkle of a bold webpage.

There has always been sham, pretense and artificiality. One hundred
years ago, people made fake gold coins by wrapping platinum in gold.
Only the rise in the price of platinum put a stop to it. I had
until recently regarded doing the trick with tungsten as being beyond
the capabilities of counterfeiters.

What is unusual is that the forgery business is more or less legal
and open in China and that none of the world's economic powers
are interested in giving the Chinese government any incentive to stop
it.

Peter