How To Tell If You Have An Altered Lincoln Cent?

Old August 20th 03, 01:38 AM
The Numismasochist

Default How To Tell If You Have An Altered Lincoln Cent?

A Yahoo group I belong to is having a chat this week with the subject
of "How To Tell If You Have An Altered Lincoln Cent."

I thought of these clues:

You may have an altered Lincoln Cent if......

OBVERSE SIDE
Lincoln has on glasses
Lincoln is wearing a bolo tie instead of a bow tie
Lincoln is wearing a turtle neck under his jacket
REVERSE SIDE
If there is a group of tourists in front of the Lincoln Memorial
If the chair is empty inside the memorial
If there is a gardener trimming the hedges by the steps of the
memorial.

Any other ways ?

----------------------
Mickey

----------------------
Old August 20th 03, 11:07 PM
George V. Huse, Jr.

Your Lincoln cent is altered if:

1. Lincoln is looking at a little Kennedy, who is looking back at him.
2. Lincoln is smoking a pipe, cigar, or a cigarette.
3. There is a four-leaf clover on the coin.
4. Anyting to do with Bill Clinton, especially his highly active
libido, appears anywhere on the coin.
5. If the date is 1922 and has no mintmark.
6. It is for sale on eBay with a low starting bid and a grainy picture.
7. It is a 1909-S VDB MS-sixty-anything.
8. The eBay subject line had "L@@K" in it.
--
Buzz Huse, MCSE+I, MCSE Iter Sine Fine (Journey Without End)

"These opinions/comments are entirely my own and no one else's."

Old August 21st 03, 03:47 AM
The Numismasochist

George, ROTFLMAO
Yours are much better than my original post.
You know I have one of those Lincoln Kennedy cents, still glued to the
cardboard thing with the simiarities between Jack and Abe.
I will bet $20.00 that I could sell it to somebody on Ebay!!!!!

Old August 21st 03, 03:57 AM
George V. Huse, Jr.

Thank you! 6 years on eBay & everything becomes a cliche.

"L@@K!! PF75 SUPERB CHOICE GEM BRILLIANT FROSTY WHITE UNC!!! RARE!!!
ONLY 500,000 MINTED!!!"