Finally, 2003A $2s

Old November 19th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Paul Anderson

Default Finally, 2003A $2s

I have seen a few 2003A $2 bills in my area, but it was not until this
past Saturday that I got my first all-new 2003A pack of $2s at my bank.

Finally!

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Old November 20th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
shreadvector

On Nov 19, 6:34 am, Paul Anderson wrote:
I have seen a few 2003A $2 bills in my area, but it was not until this
past Saturday that I got my first all-new 2003A pack of $2s at my bank.

Finally!

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering
Hewlett-Packard Company

What Fed District? I just started getting sequential Twos again
(Holiday cash, no doubt) but most banks are rationing them to keep the
customers trained to not ask for and expect them year round. Evil
*******s.
Old November 21st 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

On Nov 20, 10:20 am, shreadvector wrote:

What Fed District?

District A, Boston.

I just started getting sequential Twos again (Holiday cash, no doubt)
but most banks are rationing them to keep the customers trained to
not ask for and expect them year round. Evil *******s.

Do you think they have weekly or monthly training sessions to teach
tellers to keep the public misinformed that $2 bills and $1 coins are
"special" and should be "rationed"? Maybe they teach them how to
scrunch up their faces and make groaning sounds to make sure those
pesky customers don't continue to ask for current, circulating US
denominations.

I have no trouble at my bank getting $2s, but I know from experience
that's not true at all banks.

Paul
Old November 21st 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Ukraina Dvi

wrote in message
I have no trouble at my bank getting $2s, but I know from experience
that's not true at all banks.

Paul

One of the tellers at one of my banks absolutely loves $2 bills and orders
them for customers. Which is why I have a wad of them to spend at all
times.

Old November 22nd 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
B.J. Herbison

Paul Anderson wrote:
I have seen a few 2003A $2 bills in my area, but it was not until this
past Saturday that I got my first all-new 2003A pack of $2s at my bank.

When I picked up some James Madison coins this week (in central
Massachusetts) I cleared the teller out of $150 worth of $2s from
circulation. The top of one bundle was a 2003A A -- the first 2003A $2
I'd seen.

(There are likely more, but I'm not going to spread them out and search
until our guests leave.)

B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978
Old November 27th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Daniel

wrote in message
On Nov 20, 10:20 am, shreadvector wrote:

What Fed District?

District A, Boston.

I just started getting sequential Twos again (Holiday cash, no doubt)
but most banks are rationing them to keep the customers trained to
not ask for and expect them year round. Evil *******s.

Do you think they have weekly or monthly training sessions to teach
tellers to keep the public misinformed that $2 bills and $1 coins are
"special" and should be "rationed"? Maybe they teach them how to
scrunch up their faces and make groaning sounds to make sure those
pesky customers don't continue to ask for current, circulating US
denominations.

I have no trouble at my bank getting $2s, but I know from experience
that's not true at all banks.

Paul

Sounds like if you are having problems getting $2 bill from your bank, you
might as well find another bank to do busines with. I have never had
problems ordering $2 bills up to $800 at a time.

Dan

Old November 28th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

On Nov 21, 9:57 am, "Ukraina Dvi" wrote:

One of the tellers at one of my banks absolutely loves $2 bills and orders
them for customers. Which is why I have a wad of them to spend at all
times.

=======
I'm lucky in the fact my bank always has plenty of $2 bills. Most of
the time they are nice and crisp, but in a way a PITA as they stick
together so I have to take care dispersing them. I doubt any make
their way into circulation after I disperse them as they are either
nabbed by the clerks to save 4-ever or under the money drawer to be
sent back to the bank. Had one person tell me she despises them as
she gets them mixed up with singles. What-ever ;-)

2003A $2 FRN??? Harvey Paper Money 0 December 24th 06 11:05 PM
[FA] 2003A Twos (L FRB district) Fred Shecter Paper Money 0 December 11th 06 01:13 PM
2003A Twos are flooding my area Fred Shecter Coins 6 December 6th 06 06:31 AM
Got my first 2003A $1 Scott Stevenson Paper Money 8 July 25th 05 10:23 PM
series 2003A/4A notes? ELurio Coins 0 November 7th 04 07:26 PM