Question about a white Sheaffer feed

Old December 13th 03, 06:11 PM

Default Question about a white Sheaffer feed

I just aquired a Sheaffer 1000 Military clip FP (lever fill) and the
feed is white. At first I thought it might have been discolored but
when I knocked out the feed & cleaned it, it was obviously all white.

Never seen one like this before. Were white feeds on some of the
Sheaffers?

ps: Frank we will miss you. Glad to have a copy of Da Book.
Old December 13th 03, 07:44 PM
Scaupaug

White feeds are found in balance pens at about 1 in 200 or so. It's a rare
item...take care of it. If you find one in a triumph it is about 1 in 1,000
units...so keep an eye out for the next humble black triumph...it might
surprise you upon cleaning.

It's magic when a black feed turns to ivory white with a little cleaning.
Frank used to sneak them in on me and then say later on: "Three among those had
white feeds, did you see them?" I don't think he believed they were special
though or he would have separated them in a more obvious way from the rest of
the collection.

I have a collection of 12 of those, at least half were due to Frank. Still
can't believe he's left.
Old December 16th 03, 05:22 PM
j fabian

Several years ago I came across a humble brown striped deskpen with a
white feed -- thought it was a mistake. not being a deskpen person i
put it in the $10 pile at my next show. sest la vye. someone got a
sumgai offa me and I didn't find out until now.

jon

--
ls -a: .sig: No such file or directory