New 2004 issue Canadian $100

Old January 28th 04, 07:02 PM
Kyle Mutcher

Default New 2004 issue Canadian $100

Hi Folks,
Just announced today that the new $100 will be released on March 17th. Here
is a link to the Bank of Canada info.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/bankno...r/2004_100.htm

Decent note, lots of interesting anti counterfeiting features.

Kyle.

Old January 28th 04, 07:32 PM
Scottishmoney

"Kyle Mutcher" wrote in message
Hi Folks,
Just announced today that the new $100 will be released on March 17th.

Here
is a link to the Bank of Canada info.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/bankno...r/2004_100.htm

Decent note, lots of interesting anti counterfeiting features.

Kyle.

At least Canada is consistent with the look of it's notes, here in the USA
now we have three different types of money circulating, the old small head
variety for the $1, and $2, the large head variety for the $5, $10, $50, and
the $100, and now the new coloured background on the $20.00. Accd to the
Treasury the current $1, $2, $5 and $10 will not change, but the $50 and
$100 will change to something similar to the new $20.00.

I spent all the C$10's I had when I was there, but I managed to hold onto a
C$5 with the hockey theme on the back, nice note. And since the C$ keeps
going North, it was a good save aye?

Dave

---

Old February 20th 04, 05:48 AM
Nooker

Interesting that the Bank of Canada doesn't actually say that the note is
"paper".

I guess we'll find out soon enough if they went ahead and used polymer

Mark

Old February 20th 04, 06:07 AM
Michael G. Koerner

Nooker wrote:

Interesting that the Bank of Canada doesn't actually say that the note is
"paper".

I guess we'll find out soon enough if they went ahead and used polymer

Mark

The way the polyester thread is woven in and out on the back tells me
that it is standard banknote 'security' paper. One or more Caribbean
countries (IIRC, Bahamas) use similar 'weaving'.

--
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |