kick ass JVC tape deck-Ebay

Old July 8th 05, 10:02 PM
the real DeserTBob

Default kick ass JVC tape deck-Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

these are great units- huge AC motor, stable operation, great sound- I
tried one and it's a high end deck

Old July 9th 05, 12:06 AM
DeserTBoB

On 8 Jul 2005 14:02:44 -0700, "the real DeserTBob"
wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

these are great units- huge AC motor, stable operation, great sound- I
tried one and it's a high end deck snip

Never used one, but based upon your recommendation, it must be a
****box.
Old July 9th 05, 02:25 AM
8 tracker from hell

wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

these are great units- huge AC motor, stable operation, great sound- I
tried one and it's a high end deck snip

Never used one, but based upon your recommendation, it must be a
****box.

first, i am not defending NudoFraud. he is always full of **** no matter
what. his word is **** & he has no integrity at all. that being said, i
regretfully aggree with him regarding the old JVC decks.
those old (late 60's) JVC decks were not too bad, i have a couple of them.
they had a wide dynamic range on both playback & record. these were the
only decks that i know of that used interstage transformers on the front
end of the preamp. it really seemed to bring out the best in most of the
cheap tapes that i used in it. the bass response was better than ANY deck i
have encountered. the high end was really good too.
the problem(s) that plagued these decks were bad rubber motor mounts & a
triac that controlled the eject function.
i would highly recommend obtaining one of these decks & after a full
restoration, put it through its paces. you'd be suprised.

--
i have an 8 track mind

My other computer is your XP box.
Old July 10th 05, 07:18 AM
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:25:13 -0400, 8 tracker from hell
wrote:

first, i am not defending NudoFraud. he is always full of **** no matter
what. his word is **** & he has no integrity at all. that being said, i
regretfully aggree with him regarding the old JVC decks.
those old (late 60's) JVC decks were not too bad, i have a couple of them.
they had a wide dynamic range on both playback & record. these were the
only decks that i know of that used interstage transformers on the front
end of the preamp. snip

Usually, in solid state design, this is a drawback, and will add
distortion and chop the top end off, unless it's a really good quality
transformer. Because the circuit impedances of bipolar solid state
circuits are so low, a good transformer at those impedances
necessarily has to be fairly large, especially for consumer gear.

the bass response was better than ANY deck i have encountered. snip

That I could believe. Properly matching the impedance of the head
windings with the preamp first stage is critical to preserving bottom
end on any machine, which is why all hi-z Ampexes were transformer
coupled, as well.

the high end was really good too. snip

That I wouldn't expect, but you know what you're listening to, unlike
Noodles.

the problem(s) that plagued these decks were bad rubber motor mounts & a
triac that controlled the eject function. snip

Rubber motor mounts are a problem on all old equipment. I had an
Empire turntable that suffered from this, but the mounts were pretty
common and I got them through Newark years ago. When I gave up on
78s, I sold the table, so I don't know how long they lasted. Many
Thorens tables have trouble with bad rubber mounts, too. Wollensaks
use a small white rubber mount for the DC motor, and those seem to
hold up pretty well.

i would highly recommend obtaining one of these decks & after a full
restoration, put it through its paces. you'd be suprised. snip

If I were going nuts on 8 track, I just might try one, like I might
want to have an Akai GXR-82 with the supposedly great glass head, or
the Superscope with Dolby "B." The tale of the metrics tells me that
my 8075 is about as good as any of them, and I have the test gear to
back up that claim, unlike Noodles, who is full of **** 100% of the
time. Remember when he was selling that ancient trade school scope,
and was trying to use it to look at waveforms? He didn't have the
SLIGHTEST idea of what the **** he was doing, and he made himself look
like a complete asshole...which is normal. A non-triggered scope was
"precision test equipment..." Another NudoFraud® Industries RIPOFF!

dB