A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rowe AMI CD100 Problems

Old January 14th 13, 02:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Rowe AMI CD100 Problems

Sorry to keep posting here, but you folks are the pros and I am a newbie that needs help
I still can not get this jukebox to work right. I know the problem has something to do the fact, that when you turn the machine on it starts to look for a CD, and plucks one from the carousel, puts it back, and repeats this process for about five CD's. If anybody knows why this happens, please let me know.
I suspect the optical sensor is bad, but that is just a guess on my part.
The boards are fine, they have both been tested. The voltages have been tested, and they are correct.
Today I re-aligned the optical sensor. Followed the manual to the letter, and everything did what the manual said it would do. The only difference was before I aligned the sensor, the machine would initialize all 100 CD's, now it only will initialize about 60.
It does play a CD. Sometimes when I am working on it, a CD I programmed earlier will play. It will just not play them when I push the numbers on the keyboard, it plays them later on during initialization, or sometimes when the machine is turned back on.
I really don't want to have this thing in the shop, would prefer to fix it myself if possible.
Ads
Old January 15th 13, 08:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Jan 13, 8:27*pm, wrote:
Sorry to keep posting here, but you folks are the pros and I am a newbie that needs help
I still can not get this jukebox to work right. I know the problem has something to do the fact, that when you turn the machine on it starts to look for a CD, and plucks one from the carousel, puts it back, and repeats this process for about five CD's. If anybody knows why this happens, please let me know.
The boards are fine, they have both been tested. The voltages have been tested, and they are correct.
Today I re-aligned the optical sensor. Followed the manual to the letter, and everything did what the manual said it would do. The only difference was before I aligned the sensor, the machine would initialize all 100 CD's, now it only will initialize about 60.
It does play a CD. Sometimes when I am working on it, a CD I programmed earlier will play. It will just not play them when I push the numbers on the keyboard, it plays them later on during initialization, or sometimes when the machine is turned back on.
I really don't want to have this thing in the shop, would prefer to fix it myself if possible.

how did you check those boards? to me it sounds like a bad ccc or cd
player , did you do anything with the vol control? sure you reject
button isn,t closed? i,m fishing but have bought and sold 100,s of
rowe cd jukes and never saw the trouble you have
Old January 15th 13, 11:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I bought the CCC refurbished from an online repair shop. Sent the MCC to the same place, to have it tested, the gentleman told me that it was working fine.
The man was highly recommended online so I am pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.
I do notice that the Board ERR light on the MCC is lit if the Jukebox is not scanning. So I am wondering that even if the board tests well for him in the shop, if it could still be acting up in my machine.
I do have the volume up to where the machine plays music, so I know the volume is there.
Now there is a button above the volume control, I have no idea what it does.. I have pressed the button, but noting seems to happen.
I am sure the CD player is good, as the machine will start to cycle when it turns on, and that is independent of the CD player. Also the CD's always play when they are to be played on the player. (If the CD's get placed and spin, they will play). And it will initialize them when you run initialization.
Old January 16th 13, 12:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Jan 15, 5:22*pm, wrote:
I bought the CCC refurbished from an online repair shop. Sent the MCC to the same place, to have it tested, the gentleman told me that it was working fine.
The man was highly recommended online so I am pretty sure he knows what he is talking about.
I do notice that the Board ERR light on the MCC is lit if the Jukebox is not scanning. So I am wondering that even if the board tests well for him in the shop, if it could still be acting up in my machine.
I do have the volume up to where the machine plays music, so I know the volume is there.
Now there is a button above the volume control, I have no idea what it does. I have pressed the button, but noting seems to happen.
I am sure the CD player is good, as the machine will start to cycle when it turns on, and that is independent of the CD player. Also the CD's always play when they are to be played on the player. (If the CD's get placed and spin, they will play). And it will initialize them when you run initialization.

1st when you turn on jukebox it should not scan unless there are plays
still up press or your press scan button the button in back is cancel/
reject button , , make sure all your plugs are in right slots a few
can be put on wrong , i feel for you your already in this box for 2x
what its worth working and what ever you spent on ccc replacement
which you might not have needed, when you move into service mode does
it say errors exist? , rowe are best boxes out there and it should
have been a easy fix, what player is in it is it a cdm ? pro?
Old January 16th 13, 03:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Pressing the cancel button does nothing. When I first got it the button worked, but not now.
When I first got the jukebox a couple months ago it worked okay. But after loading my CD's into it, and running initialization it just stopped working correctly.
I was getting "Errors Exist" on the digital readout before I put the new CCC into it, so I figured something must have happened to it. I do not get error messages at all on the readout, unless I reset factory defaults, but then the error message is that I have it set for factory defaults, so I clear that, and I get no error messages.
The player is a pro.
I have checked all my connections and they are tight, and in the right plugs. Pressing the reject button does nothing. Could the MCC be bad even though it tested good at the shop? I don't mind putting a little more into it (a new MCC will cost me about $125.00) if I can get this thing working.
Old January 16th 13, 03:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Jan 15, 9:30*pm, wrote:
Pressing the cancel button does nothing. When I first got it the button worked, but not now.
When I first got the jukebox a couple months ago it worked okay. But after loading my CD's into it, and running initialization it just stopped working correctly.
I was getting "Errors Exist" on the digital readout before I put the new CCC into it, so I figured something must have happened to it. I do not get error messages at all on the readout, unless I reset factory defaults, but then the error message is that I have it set for factory defaults, so I clear that, and I get no error messages.
The player is a pro.
I have checked all my connections and they are tight, and in the right plugs. Pressing the reject button does nothing. Could the MCC be bad even though it tested good at the shop? I don't mind putting a little more into it (a new MCC will cost me about $125.00) if I can get this thing working.

is there a local vending co in your area ? if so a smaller guy might
help you out for free shame to waste 125 on something you might not
need , your already 2 deep in on it ,, if you find a guy that will
help you just unplug and take your mech to him for a fast test , i,ll
betting your ccc was ok the guy might have just cleared errors or
swaped good for good
try local vendor tell him if you have any pals who need a juke you,ll
send to him
again good luck
Old March 28th 13, 09:59 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Jan 15, 9:30*pm, wrote:
The player is a pro.

is there a local vending co in your area ? if so a smaller guy might
help you out for free shame to waste 125 on something you might not
need , your already 2 deep in on it ,, if you find a guy that will
help you just unplug and take your mech to him for a fast test , i,ll
betting your ccc was ok the guy might have just cleared errors or
swaped good for good
try local vendor tell him if you have any pals who need a juke you,ll
send to him
again good luck
check to make sure your motor is not coasting armature should drop out may have to oil
Old April 1st 13, 05:17 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
CHECK TRANSFER MOTOR ARMATURE SHOULD MOVE IN AND OUT FREEY MOTOR MAY BE COASTING
Old December 1st 17, 03:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I have a Rowe cd100. It will not let you enter subtitles with the popular key. Nor can I get error codes. Also the page buttons actually work as entering money/ credits. Other than that the unit functions. I just can't do anything in the service menu