SELLING BOOKS

Old February 28th 05, 10:42 PM
GordLack Books

Default SELLING BOOKS

I see many eBay posts, for sale and website directives to more selling
of books.

Yet I receive emails from somebody who claims there is to be none of
that here.

Well....isn't selling and buying books related to collecting books?

Old February 28th 05, 11:58 PM
Dolph

If you understand the rules of usenet then you would know that it is
customary to read the FAQ's of a particular newsgroup before you post a
message. Newsgroups are set up by private individuals who define what
is and isnt allowed to be posted to the group and many newsgroups dont
allow the posting of commercial advertisements because if everyone is
allowed to post for sale or for auction notices the newsgroup gets so
cluttered up with such messages that the discussion of the issues for
which the group was formed becomes swamped.

In the case of books there are specific newsgroups to advertise for
sale or for auction messages but rec.collecting.books specifically
prohibits the posting of such messages.

Also, Ebay specifically prohibit their sellers from spamming
newsgroups with notices of items for sale and if complaints are made to
Ebay about a particular seller who does this then they may well find
their ebay account cancelled so I suggest you eat humble pie and
apologise in the hope that no one reports you to Ebay!

Dolph

Old March 1st 05, 03:19 AM
Bob Smith

Ebay specifically prohibit their sellers from spamming newsgroups

I always wondered why eBay would even give a **** whether sellers **** off
regular posters and advertise in newsgroups that don't allow it since they
stand to make more money from sellers who can find every available venue to
advertise in, whether the venue allows it or not. If something is being
advertised that is extremely rare or highly desired, you can bet that the
members are secretly glad that the boob accidentally advertised in their
newsgroup. Otherwise they might not have even known that someone was
selling that authentic Hemingway signed first edition, etc. on eBay.

Old March 1st 05, 02:44 PM
GordLack Books

Just to clarify MY post...it had nothing to do with eBay. I'm listing a
book out of my own free will outside of eBay...so Dolph you can stick
your apology!

Old March 1st 05, 03:20 PM
GordLack Books

Mike,
You must be smoking crack because eBay could give a rat's ass about
what people post on UseNet. To your astute observation, only people
with no lives actually go to usenet to discuss books. Those who post
eBay are just above you guys on the pond scum evolution scale.
So give us all a break with your so-called intellectual theories into
the minds of eBay spammers.
And to further clarify...I was posting a book on my own...not giving
eBay more advertising than it already has. I figured there must be some
bookworm on this group interested in something other than what's the
latest flavor on the shelf.

Mark

Old March 1st 05, 03:48 PM
GordLack Books

You're scaring me John. Since you have nothing better to do, please
contact my ISP.

Why is it that you requested your post not to be archived? Something to
hide, Mr. Hypocrite?

Mark

Old March 1st 05, 04:53 PM
GordLack Books

How many original postings to this group do I have, smartass?
Compared to yours?
Yep...that kettle is black.

Old March 1st 05, 06:06 PM
John Pelan

On 1 Mar 2005 08:53:57 -0800, "GordLack Books"
wrote:

How many original postings to this group do I have, smartass?
Compared to yours?
Yep...that kettle is black.

I see, you attempt to make up in volume what you lack in wit or
substance? Very good. Shall we throw you a fish?

Cheers,

John
Old March 1st 05, 08:55 PM
GordLack Books

Yeah...the fish stuck between your mother's legs.

Old March 1st 05, 09:26 PM
GordLack Books

How do you pronounce that last name....peeon?