OT - saving images

Old August 26th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default OT - saving images

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 02:38:49 GMT, "marios"
wrote:

Does this allow you to set the border of each separate item, say in
pixels or whatever, or is it "tight" to the scan?

Hi Tony,

EzImage has had what you are loking for since 2003.
It has Auto-Separate, Auto-Crop & Auto-Rotate.

Major auction house, stamp dealers & even the Smothsonian use it for their
imaging projects.
Imagine taking 50 stamps & scanning them all at one.
Then with one click, have EzImage separate, rotate & crop them for you.
EzImage was reviewed in Linns by Bill Sharpe.

You can get a free demo to try from my site at

http://www.ezstamp.com

I will be glad to answer any questions

regards
Marios

Old August 26th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:51:02 -0700, Rod
wrote:

On Aug 25, 7:03 am, wrote:

What is truly frustrating is that Photoshop does such a nasty job of splitting and the rotating individual items. I gave up on it for the Belgian RR project. I use a program called Cropper. This keeps the huge graphic onscreen while you can crop out images and save them.

I'm not suggesting buying a new scanner, :0) but this
is what Epson offers....
The preview screen can enable you to place a
"carousel" around the image needed to scan.

http://cjoint.com/data/izfRMud6en.htm

The benefits are the ability to scan differing
sized articles whilst preserving a desired resolution.
(you cannot do this with an initial scan then cropping)

I can scan up to say 40 stamps, with one click
or, scan one tiny stamp, adjust the resolution,
then scan a very large item.

The (lack of) "auto rotate" is the only blight
in the Seiko software.

Although I have not tried it, I seem to remember my HP has the
capability of recognizing more than 1 item on the screen (scan) and
then selecting them all.

I still have a "logic" problem with all of this - lack of control and
some may slip by in less than ideal condition.

Hmmm... that all said, my scanners go back to WindoZe '98 era. My HP
5 glass is still in near mint condition, even after scanning 1,000s of
items. It uses an old SCSI card! hehehehehehehe...

I also have a Visioneer OneTouch USB scanner that I hooked up while
re-adjusting the PC that the HP is hooked to. That's pretty much what
that PC does - scans and I have my microscope hooked to it.

Tracy
Old August 26th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:06:13 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Rod found these unused words:

On Aug 25, 7:03 am, wrote:

What is truly frustrating is that Photoshop does such a nasty job of splitting and the rotating individual items. I gave up on it for the Belgian RR project. I use a program called Cropper. This keeps the huge graphic onscreen while you can crop out images and save them.

I'm not suggesting buying a new scanner, :0) but this
is what Epson offers....
The preview screen can enable you to place a
"carousel" around the image needed to scan.

http://cjoint.com/data/izfRMud6en.htm

The benefits are the ability to scan differing
sized articles whilst preserving a desired resolution.
(you cannot do this with an initial scan then cropping)

Incorrect ... Whatever resolution you scanned with will be preserved when
you sub-crop -=UNLESS=- you direct the software to alter, by resizing or
embedding a different PPI for your printer.

In any case, lacking resizing (resampling) the pixels will remain the same
pre/post crop!

Definitely a sign of great software, such as Photoshop. The miniscule
changes one can make are amazing. It does an excellent job when
resizing.

A friend was over and was discussing Corel Draw today. Each of us has
our own preferences, exposure and learning curve. Fortunately, I had
the chance to use PhotoShop in a college setting and I may get .05 %
of what it can do. It's a monster!

For "red eye", pixel regeneration (fix those nasty wasty photos!) and
many other things it's the cat's meow.
Old August 26th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:01:08 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Tony,

If you're going to snip someone's comments, then snip the attribute as well!

This post makes it appear as if -=I=- said that about PS, not Tracy.

Well, I'll be hornie-swawggled. :^P
Old August 26th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
marios

Hi Tony,

if you scan a page of stamps, when you start the Auto-separate process, you
can set the # of
pixels to add as a border to each separated image as well as the colour of
border.

regards
MArios

Developers of EzStamp, AlbumGen, EzGrader & PCVU

Email: OR
Websites:
http://www.ezstamp.com
http://www.stamptools.com/
http://www.pcvu.com

Old August 26th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Paul Herber

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:01:22 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

"marios" found these unused words:

Rotation & De-skew are the same thing.

Not in the least!

Skewing is the adjustment of a parallelogram back to or away from a
rectangular shape. NOTE: a rectangle is a subset of parallelogram.

That is normally called shear, not skew.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
Old August 26th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
"marios" found these unused words:

Rotation & De-skew are the same thing.

Not in the least!

Skewing is the adjustment of a parallelogram back to or away from a
rectangular shape. NOTE: a rectangle is a subset of parallelogram.

Rotation is 'turning' the whole of an image IN TOTO! There's -=NO=- change
of proportion or 'alignment' -=within=- the image.

regards
marios

PS: There is nothing amteur about EzImage. I invite you to try it fo
yourself .

There is, -=IF=- you choose to misuse graphics terminology!

Pass, too big to bother DL'ing.

The reference to deskewing at
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems... lect=1465148
sure looks like rotation to me. I think you could consider that the
terms skew and rotation are closely related, if not identical.

The open source graphics program, GIMP, has a "corrective rotation"
command that will bring a rotated stamp image back into horizontal and
vertical alignment. It works on only one image at a time, though. If I
remember correctly, Marios' program will "deskew" multiple stamp images
at the same time.

Bill
Old August 27th 07, 10:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Paul Herber

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:40:30 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Paul Herber found these unused
words:

wrote:

"marios" found these unused words:

Rotation & De-skew are the same thing.

Not in the least!

Skewing is the adjustment of a parallelogram back to or away from a
rectangular shape. NOTE: a rectangle is a subset of parallelogram.

That is normally called shear, not skew.

Skew - shear synonyms when applied to altering a parallelogram.
Please name a professional graphics program with a 'shear' transformation
tool!

Adobe Illustrator
Photoshop
Macromedia Freehand
ImageMagick
Apple FinalCut

Old August 27th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

wrote:

"marios" found these unused words:

Rotation & De-skew are the same thing.

Not in the least!

Skewing is the adjustment of a parallelogram back to or away from a
rectangular shape. NOTE: a rectangle is a subset of parallelogram.

That is normally called shear, not skew.

Skew - shear synonyms when applied to altering a parallelogram.
Please name a professional graphics program with a 'shear' transformation
tool!

Photoshop

I was going to mention this after looking it up in Photoshop's Help.
There are both "skew" and "shear" functions to be found therein.

Tracy
Old August 27th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:21:19 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Photoshop

Called SKEW in the menu
[BTW, 'shear' is NOT even mentioned in the index!]

Take a peek in the Help section. I'm running PS CS2.

one today; and I am saving the envelope Sue H Autographs 3 October 25th 06 03:28 AM
Anyone else saving copper cents? The Bobino Coins 19 September 27th 06 01:01 AM
EARN CASH WHILE SAVING GAS Randy Paper Money 0 June 28th 06 08:27 PM
Saving Envelopes UnionBoi Autographs 8 February 5th 06 03:24 AM
Need credit? Like saving money? Come here then. Acredit Paper Money 0 May 3rd 04 01:13 AM