Don't change the subject line, please!

Old August 3rd 03, 10:09 PM
Pierre Courtiade

Toke Nørby wrote :
I have already been practicing a bit:
http:/www.norbyhus.dk/runic5.html :-)

Hi Toke,

I imagine your url should be :
http://www.norbyhus.dk/runic5.html

(not yet visited it)

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old August 3rd 03, 10:14 PM
Pierre Courtiade

I wrote a few minutes ago :

I imagine your url should be :
http://www.norbyhus.dk/runic5.html

(not yet visited it)

Now I can thank you for sharing with us the picture of this beautiful
runic stone.
(and also to see you ;-)

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old August 3rd 03, 10:15 PM
Bob Ingraham

Mette,

You cannot win, you know, as you have told me in the past. I am reminded of
the (possibly paraphrased) Borg Collective quote from a Startrek -- The Next
Generation episode: "We are the Borg lower your shields and surrender your
ships we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our
own your culture will adapt to serve us resistance is futile we are the
Borg...." :^)

Bob

From: "A.M.Heindorff"
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:17:46 +0200
Subject: On Humor and Insinuations. Was: Don't change the subject
line, please!

Victor Manta wrote in message
"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
news

- very big snip -

One can wonder what has Toke to do with this thing, and why does he bring

it
in an unrelated thread. My only explanation is that as a (former?) FIP

juror
he tries to protect his comrades against the "bad" (in his eyes) SNA

irony.
Why haven't we heard something about those "logos" when we have discussed
here the debacle of the FIP 2002 contest, and when the page was published,
and why has he chosen for this, much later, an unrelated thread? No idea,
just some suppositions. As concerning FIP's logos (actually these were
images of their awards) on the SNA sheet, they were replaced by something
more funny a long time ago, so why speaking about the snows of yesterday

(or
continue beating the same dead horse, if this sounds more familiar)?

The images of their awards is so similar to their copyrighted logo, that
it is self-protected.

The history of FIP contest related e-mails that SNA has allegedly

published
without approval is a *pure* invention. Period.

Victor, this is *not* true, and you know it. You have quoted
my posts from this NG, without my prior consent.

BTW, it is up to the authors
of those (which?)

me for one!

e-mails to write me if they feel concerned, and not up to
Toke to try playing a kind of role of the Sir Knight of the Sorrowful
Figure, and this especially when nobody asked him for that.

I have not discussed this issue with Toke at all, but I have
written to you in private and asked you to remove "my part"
of the SNA fenny-award page. You refused flatly. You told
me that because I had published my opinion on a public NG,
you were free to use that opinion on your page without asking
first. I couldn't convince you that *I* have the copyright to what
I say, and that I do not wish to be quoted before knowing first.
You asked me whether I was afraid of somebody or something.
I am not; it is simply a matter of principle that I want to know
where I am to be quoted and in which context. I want to maintain
my right to say "no", and expected of course that you would
respect that. By refusing to remove anything quoted from me,
you have not respected my rights. In case you do not remember
this private discussion between us, I will be happy to forward
the related emails to you.

At that point I gave up discussing with you, knowing that your
main attitude is "don't argue with me, because you won't win".
The only thing I could say was DON'T DO IT IN THE FUTURE!

Ann Mette Heindorff

Old August 3rd 03, 10:17 PM
Toke Nørby

"Victor Manta" wrote:

....snip

Again I can't see the need to comment Victor's questions with his own
answers. It's a never ending and accelerating "discussion" with more
new questions and answers. I must admit that I was warned but naive
enough to give my comments to his strange SNA-pages even I knew what
would happen - ha!

Thanks for your posting, Bob :-)
... and thanks a lot to you too, Mette!

BTW. Mette, you can see that Victor has published Francis' private
e-mails to him too and I can't find a permission to publish it in
Francis' answers to Victor.

Never mind. I won't waste my time on Victor any more.
--
Mvh Toke
http://www.norbyhus.dk/
Old August 3rd 03, 10:28 PM
Toke Nørby

"Pierre Courtiade" wrote:

I wrote a few minutes ago :

I imagine your url should be :
http://www.norbyhus.dk/runic5.html

You are quite right, thank you very much!

Now I can thank you for sharing with us the picture of this beautiful
runic stone.
(and also to see you ;-)

We have a few runic stones from Aarhus where I live. This one is my
favorite. One of our web servers are named "Asser" after our friend on
the stone :-)

--
Mvh Toke
http://www.norbyhus.dk/
Old August 3rd 03, 10:44 PM
Didier Maistre

Hello there,

Everything is in the title.
Everytime I connect to rcsd, I have to download more or less 200 posts
titles.
Thanks to *all* people participating here, RCSD is a very interesting and
full-of-life NG.
But I *do not* want to waste my time -and I *do not have* time- to open and
read 200 posts per evening, trying to find if the actual discussion has
slipped from the subject line title to another exchange of informations that
could interest me more.

I expect from all the people writing in RCSD to keep on being so interesting
and passionate collectors, and that they do not hesitate to broaden an
initial discussion to another subject of interest to share their knowledge.

But at the same time, I expect that the subject line is updated acordingly,
to have the opportunity when I browse 200 titles to identify *where* is an
information that could interest me, and open the post.

Best and respectful regards to all,

--
Didier Maistre

Chinese stamps collector

Old August 3rd 03, 10:50 PM
A.M.Heindorff

Bob Ingraham wrote in message
Mette,

You cannot win, you know, as you have told me in the past. I am reminded

of
the (possibly paraphrased) Borg Collective quote from a Startrek -- The

Next
Generation episode: "We are the Borg lower your shields and surrender your
ships we will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our
own your culture will adapt to serve us resistance is futile we are the
Borg...." :^)

Paraphrased or not, this is the essential of this part of
the thread :-))

Mette

Old August 3rd 03, 10:52 PM
A.M.Heindorff

Toke Nørby wrote in message
"Victor Manta" wrote:

...snip

Again I can't see the need to comment Victor's questions with his own
answers. It's a never ending and accelerating "discussion" with more
new questions and answers. I must admit that I was warned but naive
enough to give my comments to his strange SNA-pages even I knew what
would happen - ha!

Thanks for your posting, Bob :-)
.. and thanks a lot to you too, Mette!

BTW. Mette, you can see that Victor has published Francis' private
e-mails to him too and I can't find a permission to publish it in
Francis' answers to Victor.

I know, Toke. And for what it's worth, I have downloaded
all the different "versions" of this page, from the very first
one to the amended ones. Just for proof, if anything
happens ...

Mette

Old August 4th 03, 12:31 AM
David F.

[...]

I have no wish to inflame any sensitive discussion points here,
but surely there is no question of having any 'copyright' control
over comments and opinions made on a Public NewsGroup?

Everything posted here is placed in the "Public Domain", and there
is no restriction on who can subscribe to the NG and read all of
the messages placed here, using the information as they wish.

If you do not wish to be quoted as having a particular view or opinion,
then why state it in the first place? Is it the truth or not?

I do not see the problem!

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

David.