Rock-ola 1426

Old November 24th 04, 04:20 PM
Rob

Default Rock-ola 1426

I'm helping a friend get his 1426 working properly. It's my first
experience with one, although I owned a 1937 Imperial 20 for many
years, so I am a little familiar with the mech. I have several
questions:

1)The mech makes a loud "rumbling noise when the motor is turning. Is
this simply a lack of lubrication, or could there be a problem with
motor mounts/coupling/or something of this nature?
2)When the door closes, it does not always "engage the microswitch. It
looks like someone tried to "build it up" in height with paper and
scotch tape. When I push it in by hand, it sort of "teeters" or
wobbles back and forth. Is there a way to adjust this, or should I
just try to find a new micro switch?
3)I think I'll send the amp out to be re-done, as the volume control
pot is half missing and can't be turned with a screwdriver. It looks
like the original tone-arm...what kind of needle does this take?
4)The owner wants it hooked up to a Wurlitzer 4008 speaker...are there
problems associated with "crossing brands (Rock-ola vs. Wurlitzer),
and how do I hook it up to the amp correctly? I'm really not familiar
with the 4008 speaker/wiring.

I'll order a manual. If anyone has encountered any of the
above-mentioned problems before, or has any advice for me, I'd really
appreciate the help. Thanks, Rob