tech: Wurlitzer "New Orleans" jukebox

Old September 27th 05, 11:10 PM
Ken Layton

Try the manufacturer at:

www.deutsche-wurlitzerusa.com

Old September 28th 05, 04:08 PM
jadams76

Default tech: Wurlitzer "New Orleans" jukebox

I have been trying to locate a service manual for a 1990 Wurlitzer "New
Orleans" jukebox without success. I jarred my jukebox during a house move
and it now needs service-spindle rotates constantly and won't select CD.
Anyone have or know the location of the manual?

Old September 28th 05, 05:10 PM
John Robertson

On 2005-09-28 11:39:56 -0700, "mmplain" said:

There are some troubleshooting procedures for German Wurlitzers at
www.flippers.com that may help. There is a link to a pdf file that goes
through many different problems.

Ah, that is what I get for not reading the group for a few days...

The fellow did get in touch with me, and I told him:

The first suspect however is the small light bulb that is behind the
black metal cover on the lower front of the carousel that conceals some
of the teeth as it rotates. I suspect your bulb has failed and needs to
be replaced. A simple check is to look at the computer (S C & C) for
the two LEDs labeled K and Z. Both should flash - one (Z) flashes once
per revolution, the other (K) flashes once for each tooth.

The bulb is inexpensive, but it should be in the repair kit that the
factory packed with every jukebox.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Old September 28th 05, 07:39 PM
mmplain