FBI Raids Liberty Dollar - Confiscates All Ron Paul Dollar

Old November 15th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon_Roland

Default FBI Raids Liberty Dollar - Confiscates All Ron Paul Dollar

In many ways this event is comparable to the assault on the Davidians
near Waco, although fortunately without the loss of life. But it is
also clearly an act of war against the American people, and treason.
It could also be a prelude to attacks on other dissenters, such as
activists in the constitutional militia movement, Ron Paul supporters,
and others. I advise alerting all your people to be ready for
anything.

In the meantime:

We need a flood of letters, faxes, phone calls, and emails protesting
this unlawful action by the federal government, to members of
Congress, the President, and the media. We also need to make it an
issue in this campaign. Ask every candidate in every party for his or
her position on the issue.

Old November 15th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

I saw this earlier but I believe it to be a hoax. Check out google
news and you will see only two "news" sources
have picked up the story and both from the website and email.

I think this is just a made up publicity stunt.
Old November 15th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

stonej wrote:
I saw this earlier but I believe it to be a hoax. Check out google
news and you will see only two "news" sources
have picked up the story and both from the website and email.

I think this is just a made up publicity stunt.

Possibility of a publicity stunt, however, as I met Von Nothaus at the
ANA in Milwaukee, I received the following email.

Old November 15th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Nov 15, 1:00�pm, Jon_Roland quoted:

This in spite of the fact that Edmond C. Moy, the Director of the
Mint, acknowledged in a letter to a US Senator that the paper
certificates did not violate Section 486 and were not illegal. But the
FBI and Services took all the paper currency too.

Ummm....why would the Director of the MINT be commenting on the
legality of paper currency?

While he may have a personal opinion, he would have no authority in
this matter. His boss, the Secretary of the Treasury, should be the
one to comment after consulting with the Department of Justice.
Old November 15th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

I sincerely regret to inform you that about 8:00 this morning a dozen
FBI and Secret Service agents raided the Liberty Dollar office in
Evansville.

For approximately six hours they took all the gold, all the silver,
all the platinum and almost two tons of Ron Paul Dollars that where
just delivered last Friday. They also took all the files, all the
computers and froze our bank accounts.

The story came out long before 2 PM which would be six hours from 8
AM. It does not add up.
Old November 15th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Dukenfield

Jon_Roland wrote:

In many ways this event is comparable to the assault on the Davidians
near Waco, although fortunately without the loss of life.

What a load of BS. The wackos at Waco fired on the FBI & ATF that is how
the mess started. I guess David Koresh (aka Vernon Wayne Howell) wasn't
Jesus after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Koresh

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...vidkoresh.html

But it is
also clearly an act of war against the American people, and treason.
It could also be a prelude to attacks on other dissenters, such as
activists in the constitutional militia movement,

aka as white supremacists, neo nazis and ignorant hillbillies.

Ron Paul supporters,

aka as simple minded people looking for simple solutions to complicated
problems.

and others. I advise alerting all your people to be ready for
anything.

In the meantime:

Get out your BS waders.

JAM

Article 1 Section 8 of the US constitution

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts
and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and
general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and
excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states,
and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the
subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix
the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and
current coin of the United States;
Old November 15th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

stonej wrote:
I sincerely regret to inform you that about 8:00 this morning a dozen
FBI and Secret Service agents raided the Liberty Dollar office in
Evansville.

For approximately six hours they took all the gold, all the silver,
all the platinum and almost two tons of Ron Paul Dollars that where
just delivered last Friday. They also took all the files, all the
computers and froze our bank accounts.

The story came out long before 2 PM which would be six hours from 8
AM. It does not add up.

Well, if it was a publicity stunt it was done in terribly bad taste, and
actionable on its own.
However, if an actual raid and confiscation occurred, I don't know the
laws covering such things, but it would seem to me to be an abomination.
I was also looking forward to gaining one of those copper Ron Paul
dollars this month. According to reports they seem to have taken the
entire mintage of those.
Old November 15th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:12:51 -0500, Bill Dukenfield wrote:
Jon_Roland wrote:

In many ways this event is comparable to the assault on the Davidians
near Waco, although fortunately without the loss of life.

What a load of BS. The wackos at Waco fired on the FBI & ATF that is how
the mess started. I guess David Koresh (aka Vernon Wayne Howell) wasn't
Jesus after all.

The federal government had many opportunities to apprehend Koresh when
he left the compound to go into town. Even the most rabid of apologists
would have a hard time defending the government's actions in that whole
clusterfark. (There, I edited the last word so as not to be chastized
for offending sensitive readers).

Old November 16th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Dukenfield

Jon_Roland wrote:

In many ways this event is comparable to the assault on the Davidians
near Waco, although fortunately without the loss of life.

What a load of BS. The wackos at Waco fired on the FBI & ATF that is how
the mess started. I guess David Koresh (aka Vernon Wayne Howell) wasn't
Jesus after all.

The federal government had many opportunities to apprehend Koresh when
he left the compound to go into town. Even the most rabid of apologists
would have a hard time defending the government's actions in that whole
clusterfark. (There, I edited the last word so as not to be chastized
for offending sensitive readers).

Nothing to apologize for.

Pull a gun on a copper, any copper, and see what happens to you. This is
a fact of life even if you think you are Jesus.

A bible thumping megalomaniac lead his weak-minded followers to their
unnecessary deaths. David Koresh (aka Vernon Wayne Howell) is
responsible for these deaths and no one else. He was no better than Jim
Jones or Osama Ben Laden.

JAM
Old November 16th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Nov 15, 9:10 pm, Bill Dukenfield wrote:

A bible thumping megalomaniac lead his weak-minded followers to their
unnecessary deaths. David Koresh (aka Vernon Wayne Howell) is
responsible for these deaths and no one else. He was no better than Jim
Jones or Osama Ben Laden.

Bull****!
The government ****ed up big time in Waco and only an idiot would
defend their actions.

1843-O seated liberty dollar?? Bob Hairgrove Coins 6 September 8th 05 02:58 AM
"Liberty dollar" causes confusion stonej Coins 0 September 6th 05 03:28 PM
1843 Seated Liberty Dollar larry Coins 3 April 24th 05 11:19 PM
liberty dollar antonrees Coins 4 November 26th 04 12:23 PM
1934 walking liberty dollar Prow8er Coins 2 July 20th 04 04:28 PM