Fakes and Terrorism (Again)

Old May 30th 05, 08:18 AM
Jeff R

"Edward McGrath" wrote in message
Jeff, I can't believe you're so obsessed with Reid you'd create a site
just to start a ****y flame war. Jeff, why did you put Reid in a red
dress?

Why, Ted?
You excited?

Since you're a little slow on the uptake, Ted, let me point out a few home
truths:

1) Not obsessed. I created these little fun graphics about two years ago.
It doesn't actually take much effort to repost their URL. (Do you need me
to spell out U.R.L., Ted?)

2) I didn't create a site for Reid. Don't be silly. Reid's parody pages
occupy a tiny, insignificant proportion of my personal webspace.

3) A "****y flame war"? Have you *seen* this page?
http://mendosus.com/****i.html ...and you still use that term? Do you
understand *ridicule* when it jumps up and slaps you across the face? Ted,
I was *ridiculing* Reid for the use of grade-school childish epithets such
as "****y flamejunking" by rhetorically and graphically comparing it with
the classic cartoon figure, "Pippi Longstocking". Most other folk got the
joke. Would you like a clearer explanation? Your continued, unabashed and
unembarrassed use of the term suggests you "just don't get it".

(HINT: Its not language that grownups use, Ted.)

4) Reid in a red dress? Because that's what Alicia Silverstone wore when
she was utterly clueless. Hence the connection to Reid.

= = = = =

Ted, it was fun creating these little graphical diversions. The crew at
Monty Python made a fortune airing similar ****takes - though I don't dare
to suggest that I aspire to their lofty heights.

Many on this NG enjoyed them. I certainly did, and that's enough for me.

If they irritate Reid and Nick, then that's a bonus!

--
Jeff R.

Old May 30th 05, 09:00 AM
Jeff R

"Reid Goldsborough" whined in message
On Sun, 29 May 2005 12:36:28 -0400, (Edward
McGrath) wrote:

Jeff, I can't believe you're so obsessed with Reid you'd create a site
just to start a ****y flame war. Jeff, why did you put Reid in a red
dress?

Obsessed is the right word. You have to wonder what kind of life this
person Jeff lives, to spend all this time trying to ridicule me with
his various Web pages.

Try do not.
Do!

/Yoda mode

Get a grip, Reid.
"Obsessed"?
I spent a few hours a few years ago, having fun creating some graphics to
satirise and parody your self-obsessive and juvenile behaviours.

They achieved (ahem) a mild measure of critical acclaim.

Wassamatta?
Does the truth hurt?
Do my parodies make you squirm?

...Boggles the mind, really. There's an old
proverb: Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools. It's a good
proverb. If you can't debate substantively, you try to ridicule.

This is really rich, coming from you, Reid.

The single most offensive aspect of your online presence, above and beyond
all your petty inaccuracies and stubborn stupidities, is the abrasive and
patronisingly smug tone that you effect with other NG users. You (yes,
*YOU*) never seem to be able to debate or discuss any issue without first
launching an ad hom attack on the proposer of the other view.

I personally don't give a rat's about your collecting interests or "fields
of expertise". Your interests rarely coincide with mine. What galls me
beyond reasonable limits is the unprovoked rudeness and caustic, childish,
smug, patronising attitude that you dispense here.

I've been good this last year, and not risen to your bile-soaked and
venomous posts, until just recently. Note very carefully that I only
*respond* to your bile - I don't initiate.
You troll, and I flame. So what? When you troll, what do you expect?

...Anka
can't debate substantively when she disagrees with you, so she falls
back on innuendo and sarcasm.

LOL!
*You* criticising someone else for using sarcasm!
Ha!
Do you even know what the word means?

...DeMayo has done in a smaller way what
Jeff does, extending Usenet flamewars with Web graffiti.

Has he?

Phil!
I've missed your good work! Please post a link.

If you have no life, you go beyond Usenet flamejunk and put up page
after Web page with all these flame graphics and animations.

Of course, if you *can't* then you *don't*.

A few hours, two years ago, Reid. This is an obsession?

This Jeff
person used to call himself something like "Still Cranky" or some such
through his email address.

Godfather!
Talk about slow on the uptake.
I've explained that one to you too often to count, Reid.

Are you incapable of simple comprehension?

Are you going to bag me out because I now call myself "contact.me"?

...It's funny, in one sense.

More than one, actually.

...I look at his
pages and laugh. But it's sad, in another sense, that there are people
like this, obsessed with flamejunk like this, with the online world
having a disproportionate share of them, attracting people like this
through its relative anonymity

You don't like it when people chide you for your bad manners, do you, Reid?

Here's an idea.

Try being polite for a change, and I (for one) will leave you alone.

--
Jeff R.

Old May 30th 05, 09:05 AM
Jeff R

"Anka" wrote in message
oups.com...

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anka
can't debate substantively when she disagrees with you, so she falls
back on innuendo and sarcasm

How's this for INNUENDO, Reid? Cram it.

~Anka

I doubt he understands Italian puns, Ank.

--
Jeff R.
(nor much else, for that matter)

Old May 30th 05, 01:29 PM
Alan Williams

Anka wrote:

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anka
can't debate substantively when she disagrees with you, so she falls
back on innuendo and sarcasm

How's this for INNUENDO, Reid? Cram it.

~Anka

LOL!!

Reid still on his sick obsession with insulting your collecting habits?
Not to worry, Anka. He's a public entertainment, sort of like the
streetcorner mime, or a student driver. ;-)

Alan
'you can't be insulted by a joke'
Old May 30th 05, 03:12 PM
Bruce H (BoxTurtle)

On Mon, 30 May 2005 18:05:17 +1000, "Jeff R" is
alleged to have written:

"Anka" wrote in message
roups.com...

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Anka
can't debate substantively when she disagrees with you, so she falls
back on innuendo and sarcasm

How's this for INNUENDO, Reid? Cram it.

~Anka

I doubt he understands Italian puns, Ank.

I didn't get that pun until it was pointed out to me. I'd have been
much happier not figuring that one out.

Bruce (The first pun of the morning is always a shock)

ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.
Old May 30th 05, 05:00 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Mon, 30 May 2005 18:00:15 +1000, "Jeff R"
wrote:

I spent a few hours a few years ago, having fun creating some graphics to
satirise and parody your self-obsessive and juvenile behaviours.

You're said you're retired, and that's obvious.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old May 30th 05, 07:53 PM
Edward McGrath

Jeff wrote: since you're a little slow on the uptake. snip I
understand this jeff, you prove your immaturity by creating a site to
slander another RCC poster. Jeff since you are the one who likes to
superimpose a mans face on the body of a woman you've shown your
tendency to walk tall and swing a limp wrist. Jeff you're incredible you
point a finger at people accusing them of being childish and in the mean
time you display your troll like juvenile behavior every chance you get.
Jeff you are a very bitter little man.

Old May 31st 05, 01:12 PM
Jeff R

wrote:

I spent a few hours a few years ago, having fun creating some graphics to
satirise and parody your self-obsessive and juvenile behaviours.

You're (sic) said you're retired, and that's obvious.

I never said that. You're lying again.

....and what do you have against retired folk anyway?
In my experience an exceptionally underused and valuable resource (unlike
your childish scribblings).

--
Jeff R.
(still hard at work)

Old May 31st 05, 01:19 PM
Jeff R

"Edward McGrath" wrote in message
Jeff wrote: since you're a little slow on the uptake. snip I
understand this jeff, you prove your immaturity by creating a site to
slander another RCC poster.

Actually, Ted, it'd be slander, not libel - except that its neither. Its
satire and parody. 100% defensible.

..Jeff since you are the one who likes to
superimpose a mans face on the body of a woman you've shown your
tendency to walk tall and swing a limp wrist.

Would you like me to explain the joke, Ted, in simple words? Starting with
"clueless"?
Or maybe repeat some of the utterly indefensible so-called sick "jokes"
you've spewed forth in this NG?

..Jeff you're incredible

Thanks Ted.

..you
point a finger at people accusing them of being childish and in the mean
time you display your troll like juvenile behavior every chance you get.

Oh, *far* from every chance.
I haven't posted these links or replied to your trolls for _ages_ !

Jeff you are a very bitter little man.

Thanks Ted.
Its a long time since I've been called "little". :-)

--
Jeff R.
( a bitter this; a bitter that...)