Tom Hanks Scan needed

Old June 30th 05, 06:41 PM
Sue H

Default Tom Hanks Scan needed

Bought off Ebay a supposed signed screening ticket of Tom
Hanks (Apollo 13). Won it for 2.26! Even if not legit, a nice
screening ticket (of which I have a few). Anyway, auction checks out.
Good feedback, not an autograph seller/collector/dealer.... and
information checks out. Screening for those specific people
(astronauts/Nasa people) and place, date and time checks out Checking
out now if the person is who he says (General Manager of the theatre
then). All looks good! All I need now is a couple in person Hanks
scans to compare.

If legit, this is one of those RARE deals on Ebay that could be "Too
good to be true" but it's also a good example of what I always preach
here.... that some items CAN be checked out. You get info and can
verfiy things.

Still, could be a fake, but it's an example of another philosophy I
have; if you can afford to take the chance, go for it if you've got a
good feeling. But only do so if you can risk it and also if you
resell it/trade it that you tell the circumstances of it.

Anyway, if anyone's got a couple scans, that'd be great! Please
email. Thanks
Old June 30th 05, 08:56 PM
Sue H

Thanks for sending a scan Mike. Mine doesn't match. I'd love to have
two other ones, to get a random sampling so I can look closer for
similarities etc. Anyone else? So far, it's not looking good for me!

Old July 1st 05, 07:44 AM
barefoot

i try to help..i'm pretty sure that merrydomluver or brtad weston or
whatever shill name they use this week will rip me for helping someone
out too saying i probably sent a scan of a fake...that'll be a pretty
funny read actually. i get a kick out of all the bad press..seems the
people with the little vendettas love doing it...go, go. do it...but
make sure you can back up the comments by sending sue a scan of a
"REAL" tom hanks signature.
mike

Old July 1st 05, 04:30 PM
Sue H

That's ok Mike.... listen, I am an adult and can make my own
decisions. I appreciate the scan. I am not getting into dissing you
like the others because personally, you've done me no wrong. That's
how others should be on here. Not saying I am right or preaching as
people can do as they will, but I for one am sick to death or bashing
for no reason sometimes. It's often just name calling and not good
banter/argument. So until you rip me off personally or forge
something I have or something along those lines, I'll hold my judgment
as I can't say personally.

It's like this....if people on this board would share openly, trade,
give and take information equally and when they disagree just start a
debate and not a war, we'd be better off. I am not into the bashing.
I think it started this year when a lot of personal crap happened to
me and then I read the board and noticed good people being taken shots
at (Paul once and someone else I know); I got all tense inside and
felt like crap for hours. I just said to myself....LET IT GO. It's
not worth it and the slime that feeds off nastiness isn't gonna make
me feel lower than a tick hugging a gopher's belly (LOL I just heard
that on something the other day and thoguht it was funny....so I just
added that in for flavor)