Got my first 2003A $1

Old June 25th 05, 01:47 AM
Scott Stevenson

Default Got my first 2003A $1

In change when I had lunch this afternoon. It's in the L-A block.

take care,
Scott
otherwise, it's a slow news day here

Old June 25th 05, 06:15 AM
Scott Stevenson

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:50:25 -0700, "Nooker"
wrote:

what part of the US?

Mark

Central California, between Fresno and Bakersfield. The funny thing
is that it's not even a low serial number--it's L20XXXXXXA

take care,
Scott

Old June 25th 05, 04:53 PM
Michael G. Koerner

wrote:

what part of the US?

Mark

Central California, between Fresno and Bakersfield. The funny thing
is that it's not even a low serial number--it's L20XXXXXXA

Seems pretty low to me, seeing as those things tend to be pretty evenly
distributed over a *VAST* nation. :-)

You do remember that the final letter advances by one for every
100,000,000 numbers, don't you? This means, for example, that your
L20xxxxxxA is a much lower serial number in a series than L0001xxxxW
would be.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old June 25th 05, 06:26 PM
Scott Stevenson

wrote:

what part of the US?

Mark

Central California, between Fresno and Bakersfield. The funny thing
is that it's not even a low serial number--it's L20XXXXXXA

Seems pretty low to me, seeing as those things tend to be pretty evenly
distributed over a *VAST* nation. :-)

Well, I meant "low" from a collectible standpoint, not an absolute
one :-) Two or three zeros on the front, and I start getting a little
excited.

I've currently got a Series 1928 $1 SC from the AA block, and a
serial number in the first thousand--that got my blood going when I
saw it.

You do remember that the final letter advances by one for every
100,000,000 numbers, don't you? This means, for example, that your
L20xxxxxxA is a much lower serial number in a series than L0001xxxxW
would be.

Sure do!

take care,
Scott
Old June 25th 05, 07:46 PM
John Patrick

Scott Stevenson wrote:
In change when I had lunch this afternoon. It's in the L-A block.

take care,
Scott
otherwise, it's a slow news day here

I got two sequential 2003A A-A block notes the other day.

Personally, I'm waiting for the first star note of 2003A.

John

Old July 19th 05, 12:06 AM

I rec'd 2 noteworthy notes this afternoon at the local Wendys:

1)2003A $1 AA Block 0871XXXX
2)1999 $5 BB* 0381XXXX

Anyone interested in them?

Steve

Old July 25th 05, 10:23 PM

1)2003A $1 AA Block 0871XXXX
2)2003A $1 JA Block 3744XXXX
3)2001 $1 HB Block 0000XXXX

I have these 3 bills if anyone is interested in them.

Steve