Stamp issues '05, '06, '07 part 2

Old October 6th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Stamp issues '05, '06, '07 part 2

I still have some idle time so decided to work the other end of the
sacle, countries with the least stamps. I was not happy with zero
stamps because I felt that there may have been a lack of communication
involved. Maybe someone with other than Scott can check the zero
issues and see if there indeed may have been some stamps issued. Hey,
I stole the numbers from Scott, I don't care if you rip them apart.
The catalog values of the countries with only one issue is
interesting, especially the $17.00 stamp.
2005: Brunei, Burma, Comoro islands, Panama and Turks and Caicos had
zero new issues.
2006: Burma and Tokelau had no new issues.
2007 No zero countries to report.
One stamp countries is a bit different:
2005
Aitutkai 1- $2.75
Cameroun 1 - 100 fr ( Face value)
Gabon 1 - 50˘
N. Ireland 1 $1.60
Scotland 1 - $1.60
Wales 1 - $1.60
England 1 - $1.60
Palestine Auth 1 $3.50
Penrhyn 1 $2.10
Niuafo'ou 1 $5.25
2006
Cocos Is. 1 - $8.25
Comoro Is 1 1 - $5.75
Turkmenistan 1 $17.00
2007
Malagasy Rep 1 35˘
Oman 1 $1.40
Scott says England had one stamp. Where the heck is England? Great
Britain has a big listing.

Thanks group for putting up with my shennagans.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old October 6th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi Ralphael

How are you counting souvenir sheets that have individual stamps
within them?
There are a ton of those in Venezuela, all the miniature sheets of
ten, and a bunch in
Colombia, new departmental souvenir sheets.

Jerry B
Old October 6th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi Ralphael,

Scott says England had one stamp. Where the heck is England? Great
Britain has a big listing.

Take a look at this link: http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch...land_facts.htm

It should answer your question. I wonder if the 'England' stamp is
like thos designated for Scotland, etc.?. I guess a British collector
willanswer that one.

Jerry B
Old October 6th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Hi Ralphael,

Take a look at this link: *http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch...ns/britain/eng...

It should answer your question. *I wonder if the 'England' stamp is
like thos designated for Scotland, etc.?. *I guess a British collector
willanswer that one.

Jerry B

Thanks for the response, I never knew that.
Is England to Great Britain like Holland is to The Netherlands or is
this another ball game all together?

RtOo
Old October 7th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Philately[_2_]

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 12:00 pm, wrote:
Hi Ralphael,

Scott says England had one stamp. Where the heck is England? Great
Britain has a big listing.

Take a look at this link:
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch...ns/britain/eng...

It should answer your question. I wonder if the 'England' stamp is
like thos designated for Scotland, etc.?. I guess a British collector
willanswer that one.

Jerry B

Thanks for the response, I never knew that.
Is England to Great Britain like Holland is to The Netherlands or is
this another ball game all together?

RtOo

Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland & Wales. Imagine them to be a
little like US states. Those 3 countries make up the main island in the
United Kingdom group.

Old October 7th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 6, 6:04*pm, Ralphael1 wrote:

Thanks for the response, I never knew that.
Is England to Great Britain like Holland is to The Netherlands or is
this another ball game all together?

RtOo

Hi Ralph:

In many countries, The Netherlands is often referred to
as "Holland".

This usage is technically incorrect, as "Holland" is
actually a region in the central-western part of The
Netherlands, divided into two provinces. (North
Holland and South Holland)
http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/holland.htm

The "Kingdom of the Netherlands" includes not only
the Netherlands territory in Europe, but also the
Netherlands Antilles and Aruba in the West Indies.

Before independence, Suriname was also part of
the "Kingdom of the Netherlands", as was Indonesia
(then known as the Dutch East Indies).

Blair
Old October 8th 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi Colin,

The keyword is regional issues, celebrating their 50th anniversary this
year. Special definitives in the commoner values for Wales, Scotland and
Northern Ireland. Other values and commemoratives were the same
throughout the UK (= GB and NI, but not Channel Islands or Isle of Man).

In 2001 they decided to add issues for England as well.

Do the England issues have a unique regional symbol, as does the
Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland issues?

Jerry B
Old October 8th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 8, 3:55*am, wrote:
Hi Colin,

The keyword is regional issues, celebrating their 50th anniversary this
year. Special definitives in the commoner values for Wales, Scotland and
Northern Ireland. Other values and commemoratives were the same
throughout the UK (= GB and NI, but not Channel Islands or Isle of Man).

In 2001 they decided to add issues for England as well.

Do the England issues have a unique regional symbol, as does the
Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland issues?

Jerry B

Regionals for England issued

The January, 2001 issue of the ‘British Philatelic Bulletin’
announced
that pictorial regional stamps for England were to be issued in 2001.
The date was later set to April 23, 2001 - St. George’s Day.

Here are the four designs.
http://www.gbstamps.com/gb_album/pic..._regnl_04.html

Blair
Old October 10th 08, 10:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

The three leopards of the 2nd class stamp are the heralsic badge of England.
The Cross of St.George on the shield of the 1st class stamp is from the flag of England.
The Oak Tree is also a symbol of England, from which the Royal Navy used to be built,
and was used for the 'English' design on one pound coins.
The rose has been the national flower, certainly since Tudor times

Thus the English regionals all show distinctively English symbols.

For Scotland we have

2nd: Scottish flag (St.Andrew's Cross)
1st: Scottish heraldic lion
(E): Thistle symbolic of Scotland
(W): Tartan, also symbolic of Scotland

For Wales:

2nd: Leek
1st: Welsh Dragon
(E): Daffodil
(W): Prince of Wales Feathers

all symbolic of Wales

However, for Northern Ireland a different theme was chosen,
using Northern Irish landscapes and artifacts made in Northern
Ireland

2nd: Basalt columns from Giant's Causeway (also seen in Staffa and Skye in Scotland)
1st: Irish patchwork of fields
(E): A linen pattern
(W): A complex style of vase

--