Help with a problem

Old January 4th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
qfwfq

Default Help with a problem

Last February I made an order with Muntplaats (http://www.muntplaats.com). I
ordered several coins by INSURED mail. I made a bank transfer to them and waited
for the parcel. In April, as I have no notice from the coins, I asked to
Muntplaats about my order. They reply that they were moving to a new office and
they asked to me I will wait until the end of April. After a lot of e-mails
asking for my order I got an e-mail from Muntplaats saying that the parcel was
returned to them and sent again. At the beginning of June I got another e-mail
from Muntplaats (after several e-mail from me) in which they told me about lot
of problems with parcels to Spain!. At the beginning of July I sent to
Muntplaats another e-mail, and others at the end of July, and the end of August.
At the end of August I got an e-mail from Muntplaats in which they told me they
will check with the post. In October I got an e-mail in which they told me they
have no news from the post office. In November another e-mail saying they will
give a solution to my problem at middle November. Since then, I have no notice
from Muntplaats.

The order was made one year ago. The postage was paid as INSURED. I have no
response from the dealer since the beginning of November.
I though Muntplaats was a serious dealer but his response has been very bad.

My question is: Have I any option to get my coins or to recover my money?
Any suggestion

Thanks

Jose M. Quintana
Old January 4th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"qfwfq" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. You must be patient.

Old January 9th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Christian Feldhaus

qfwfq wrote:

The order was made one year ago. The postage was paid as INSURED. I have no
response from the dealer since the beginning of November.
I though Muntplaats was a serious dealer but his response has been very bad.

Hmm, I have purchased from Muntplaats/Numiscollect several times, and
have never had such problems. Don't know how fast or slow they are in
general; I usually order more than one item and always ask for one
single shipment (to avoid high shipping charges). So if anything is not
in stock, delivery may take a little. Of course having to pay in advance
is not the best option from the buyer's POV but if the price is OK, fine
with me.

Got an e-mail from them the other day; the office is (now we should say
"was") closed between mid-December and 4 January. As for your case, I
would contact Muntplaats again (in written, maybe with delivery
confirmation) and set a reasonable deadline. Something like, please send
me the items by March 1 or send me my payment back. But as I wrote, I
have never experienced anything like that with them, so this seems to be
a quite extraordinary case ...

Christian

AMI I 200 Problem [email protected] Juke Boxes 3 June 19th 07 05:59 AM
i have a problem, need help. Gina Paper Money 0 May 7th 06 03:44 PM
AMI R-82 problem Tom Juke Boxes 5 March 24th 05 12:58 AM
NSM ES 160 problem Mike T Juke Boxes 0 November 21st 04 12:53 AM
smc 1 problem Chips4sle Juke Boxes 1 January 6th 04 03:00 AM