Canadian stamps expert help needed.

Old November 29th 03, 11:41 PM
Michael Bruhn

Default Canadian stamps expert help needed.

Hi

Are there any experts in Canadian stamps here?

I have two stamps from Canada, that I can't find in the Stanley Gibbons
catalouge. I have SG 249 and SG 252, but they only perforated on the sides and
at the top.

Does such stamps exist?

Bye.

--
Michael Bruhn aka Frankie

MARP Editor and proud of it -
http://marp.retrogames.com/
Old November 30th 03, 12:12 AM
Frank Emanuel

"Michael Bruhn" wrote in message
Hi

Are there any experts in Canadian stamps here?

I have two stamps from Canada, that I can't find in the Stanley Gibbons
catalouge. I have SG 249 and SG 252, but they only perforated on the sides

and
at the top.

Does such stamps exist?

3 sides perf is likely the edge of a sheet.

Frank

Old November 30th 03, 03:23 AM
Rodney

My humble apologies Michael,
I really shot myself in the foot!
My stamp collections all use SG numbers
except Canada, hence my mistake.

Using Unitrade Catalogue, Numbers 110 and 115
I cannot see how either issue could exist
with your description.

http://marp.retrogames.com/

Old November 30th 03, 05:51 AM
TC

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:41:17 +0100, Michael Bruhn
wrote:

Hi

Are there any experts in Canadian stamps here?

I have two stamps from Canada, that I can't find in the Stanley Gibbons
catalouge. I have SG 249 and SG 252, but they only perforated on the sides and
at the top.

Does such stamps exist?

Bye.

Michael:

My old SG says #249 and #252 are the 4c and 8c of the 1922-31
issue. The Scott #s are 110 and 115 for those stamps.

They could come from booklet panes, but I am not aware of any booklet
panes with these denomination of stamps (ie 4 cents and 8 cents).

It should be noted that ALL stamps of this issue
are known in imperforated pairs (very expensive).

Scott 110a (4 c) Imperf pair $1000.
ditto (NH) " " $1750.

Scott 115a (8 c) Imperf pair $1000.
ditto (NH) " " $1750.

I do not know about partial perfs though. They could
just be regular stamps with the bottom perfs cut off.

Blair
Ottawa, Canada

Old November 30th 03, 06:22 AM
Frank Emanuel

"Bob Ingraham" wrote in message

It's odd how in my experience SE stamps generally are valued lower than
full-perf stamps, for they are considerably less common. but I understand
that European collectors do put a premium on them. Is this true?

I have seen these, and you are right they are valued lower. The reason is
that it is hard to verify if they are actually the edge of the pane or were
accidentially cut some other way (damaged). At least that is what I surmise
the reason to be.

cheers,
Frank

Old November 30th 03, 07:31 AM
Rodney

Hi Bob,
Would they not be cut in the gutter strips, both
horiz and vert?
This would result in a nil variance and the stamps described
a result of being cut by scissors.
I found some French "Sowers" like this, with very large margins
you wouldn't think had come from hand cutting.

I remain open to correction. I feel if your postulation be correct,
Unitrade would have listed them.

Rgds

| I believe that there were always four panes four each sheet, but I could be
| wrong about that. In any event, I'm sure that the 400-stamp sheets were cut
| into four panes, which would result in one row of stamps each imperforate at
| the top, bottom, left, and right. Additionally, each pane would have one of
| stamp with two imperforate or "straight" edges -- known as "SE" at right and
| bottom, left and bottom, left and top, and right and top. Stamps with a
| straight edge at the bottom would have to come from the left or right top
| panes.
| Unfortunately, I don't have any examples of SE Admirals, so I don't know for
| certain that I am correct in all this. I hope so!

Getting Out of the Hobby Star Commons Sale (Prices Slashed). uncleduke Hockey 0 July 1st 04 01:41 PM
Getting Out of the Hobby Commons Sale (Prices Slashed). uncleduke Hockey 0 June 30th 04 01:36 PM
GOALIES @ 60% OFF US George Cronn Hockey 0 April 13th 04 08:29 PM
90/91 Score singles L8TR Hockey 0 November 28th 03 07:48 AM
90/91 Score Canadian Dogger Hockey 0 November 15th 03 08:23 AM