New definition of XF?

Old August 31st 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
randiR

Default New definition of XF?

Could anyone with a shred of decency grade this ( http://tinyurl.com/6d5fnw
) a XF?

Old August 31st 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"randiR" wrote in message
. ..
Could anyone with a shred of decency grade this (
http://tinyurl.com/6d5fnw
) a XF?

What, can't you see the XF under there? Looks like it actually may have
been net graded from AU58 because of the minor asteroid hit beneath the ear.
Otherwise, the seller offers that it's a beautiful scarce coin to add to the
collection and that the coin looks even better in person. What more could a
collector want ?? He even provides a photo of what appears to be the
reverse where I believe I can make out the image of the Virgin Mary in the
rubble above ONE CENT. One smart fellow has already jumped on this .99
opportunity.

Old August 31st 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On Aug 31, 12:13*pm, randiR wrote:
Could anyone with a shred of decency grade this (http://tinyurl.com/6d5fnw
) a XF?

Not XF but still worth at least the opening bid of 99 cents for an
1871 Indian cent.
Old August 31st 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

On Aug 31, 12:13*pm, randiR wrote:
Could anyone with a shred of decency grade this (http://tinyurl.com/6d5fnw
) a XF?

Well, there's more than details that makes up the grade of a coin.
This was a buried coin, perhaps found with a metail detector or just
unearthed while digging for worms. It IS one of the toughest dates in
the series, and through the corrosion, pitting, verdigris, and missing
pieces one might be able to make a case for XF details, but it's
merely a filler. Since you can read the date, I suppose one could say
the grade is a NET Fair. A youngster working on filling his/her Indian
Head Cent Whitman folder might be happy to have the date until he
could afford a better one. I saw an 1877 cent on eBay in similar
condition sell for about $150 a couple of years ago. I think this one
is worth a couple bucks.

Ira
Old September 2nd 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message randiR wrote:

Could anyone with a shred of decency grade this ( http://tinyurl.com/6d5fnw
) a XF?

Somebody who read his grading guide saying a full LIBERTY is XF!
Who cares about all the pits elsewhere!!!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old November 1st 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Apocryphal[_3_]

I think that this is to be expected with the elusive "no diamonds" variety
of the 1871 IHC.

"randiR" wrote in message
. ..
Could anyone with a shred of decency grade this (
http://tinyurl.com/6d5fnw
) a XF?

definition of term "formulary" [email protected] Paper Money 0 December 27th 05 08:41 PM
Definition of a typeset? Colin G. Coins 10 April 29th 05 02:29 AM
Difference between dealer and collector? Definition please? dahoov2 Autographs 14 July 29th 04 11:58 AM
definition of "tight" Peridote Books 3 February 14th 04 07:48 AM
Time to change the definition of "coin rotation" Serenus Zeitblom Coins 93 January 3rd 04 10:26 PM