Amanda Pays FA!!!

Old December 6th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default The Question of a COA

LOL; In my curiosity I went past the first two sentences and saw this
stupid statement. COA does not mean certification. HMMMMMMM
CERTIFICATE is a derivitate of certification and certify, meaning
according to Websters:
Certification Cer`ti*fi*ca"tion (?), n.[L. certificatio: cf. F.
certification.] The act of certifying

Certificate Cer*tif"i*cate (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Certificated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Certificating.] [See Certify.]
1. To verify or vouch for by certificate.

2. To furnish with a certificate; as, to certificate the captain of a
vessel; a certificated teacher.

Therefore your statement is wrong; and you are spreading untruths.

A certificate of authenticity means that the item that accompanies the
certificate is said to be authentic and nothing more. If said item is
not authentic, the certifcate (depending on dealer; but some issue NO
refunds at all) is used to refund the purchase. Sometimes,
certificates of authenticity come with collectibles like plates,
watches or other items. The certficate is used as sort of a warranty
and if there is no warranty and the item is believed to be not
authentic, the certificate is used to prove the dealer made a
misleading claim; and this is proof for lawsuits etc. All it is, is a
piece of paper. There are always strings attached to it and by
itself, it means NOTHING. It's the people behind it that make it
worth something. A COA from you would be worth no more than dirt to
most readers here. While a COA from say Autographworld or
AutographPros, might mean something more.

Get with the program, I may make my opinon known and I may sound like
I want to be right and maybe that's true, but at least my arguments
are thought out and are at least backed by a dictionary. LOL

On 6 Dec 2006 10:03:15 -0800, "barefoot"
wrote:

COA does not mean certification...all a COA is, is a statement, usually
from the seller, stating that the item is real in their belief...almost
no onee who sells to the dealers makes a COA and it's on the dealer
(the person you bought it from) to make a COA. there's no certifying
anything..

Old December 6th 06, 10:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

"barefoot" wrote in message
oups.com...
first, my slight rant, then some answers from people that have asked
them.
first, sue. i love it when i'm told i'm being insulting....you really
need a thicker skin... cause there's NOTHING insulting...you just take
me actually taking a stance as an insult...you don't think it's
insulting when you say that an inperson autograph doesn't deserve a
COA? you started it. TTM's are fake...bar none, no one saw the stuff
get signed...NO ONE.. not even you...one person hit the nail on the
head, you can never be certain unless you were right there, getting it
yourself. sue stop making claims like "in my opinion, none of these are
worth a COA" "only private signings are worth a COA" and then start
spouting how your "friends" who were in star wars and the companies
that produce garbge for the guy who wasn't even in focus in some scene
in empire strikes back deserves to be rated higher than the business i
perform....you ripped my business as soon as your opened your f@#$ing
mouth! so that's why i said what i said...and NONE of it was insulting.
quit thinking that your opinion is the way everyone thinks... you are
not god and know NOTHING of the true autograph business.
you get upset when i say that some of your stuff is fake, but you want
to make the hobby better...you do the hobby a disservice everyday by
showing off that orlando bloom,ot the harrison ford i remeber seeing.
you really want me to be insulting? it's not all that hard.
realistically, i'm the least insulting person in this conversation. you
want your opinion to be the only opinion and you push your agenda every
chance you get...so, i'm not the one who's being insulting. YOU ARE
INSULTING.
COA does not mean certification...all a COA is, is a statement, usually
from the seller, stating that the item is real in their belief...almost
no onee who sells to the dealers makes a COA and it's on the dealer
(the person you bought it from) to make a COA. there's no certifying
anything..
now, all the authenticators give out LOAs. Letters of Authenticity.
Very similar to the above, but it's more that COAs have such a bad rap.
For the most part, the authentication companies stand behind their
statements a little more than the dealers, since their entire
reputation rests on their opinion.
authenticators make many, many mistakes. and it really sucks to think
that it takes an outside authenticator to say that an item, that you
obtained yourself, is real or not. do you realize that there are
already collectors who won't buy something that won't pass PSA DNA? in
an article i'm working on for autograph collector magazine, i've run
across several dealers who won't pay the in person collector until the
item passes PSA DNA. in a realtively newer business, it seems that this
is the future of collecting...and although these people do make
mistakes, i imagine that the mistakes will dwindle even further then
their probably 1% mistake rate that they seem to make now...it's just
that the mistakes get amplified simply because of the fact that their
opinion is the whole reason for business. How it goes, if you pawn
yourself off as an expert,then when you make a mistake, you should face
the consequences.. sadly, that's the future of this business though.

private signings, a pre set up signing with a "celebrity" or someone
who's autograph is worth some value where you pay that person to put
his/her autograph on items that you can then go on to sell. They are
pretty frequent in sports as many, many athletes get paid sometimes
even millions to do signings for several different companies like
steiner, tri star etc. at this moment in time, movie and tv stars do
not do these. on occassion, if it's a sci fi movie, some stars from
shows and movies sign for card companies- and this is basically part of
the promotion for the show, and not for a paycheck (promotion is part
of their contract and the show has contracted some card company to
produce product for that show). it is required per their pre arranged
contract. usually, if some movie star/television does a signing, they
haven't worked in quite a while and their agent told them about selling
autographs at shows like the hollywood collector's shows, chiller
theater etc. or on the rare occassion, they do do it to meet fans (ie-
LOTR players and lost players at the creation shows) but for the most
part, an actor looks at signing for money as an insult to the acting
profession, as they are paid to act. more often than not, said shows
are relegated to people who haven't worked in a very long time and are
sort of cashing in on their old fame. and if they make a lot of money,
they keep doing it.
to that end, there are people out there who set up signings with the
same people willing to do shows (and people who haven't, but are
equally broke) and have them sign a certain number of items because
they have customers that aren't able to attend the above shows.

bottom line, it all sucks to prove that your stuff is real...no one can
ever be certain on any front..be it 3rd party guys (authenticators),
you can never tell TTM (but i do think, if you're going to sell that,
you should say that you got this in the mail- which is why this
discussion is taking place anyway) and yeah, you can't really tell
based on an in person collector because there are many unscrupulous
characters. no matter how long winded the story is orhow many photos
you take etc....
in the end, it's all just someone else's handwriting. why bother, i
guess.
mike

Thought i might come see what has changed over at the ol newsgroup over the
last year............sadly nothing.
Same ol tired bull****

Old December 6th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Amanda Pays FA!!!

I guess both the guy and Harrison are liars and Barefoot is not....
wahahahahhahahahahahah! said in my best Mr. Miyagi voice!

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:28:13 -0600, "Gummby3"
wrote:

3- your friend is a liar then...i saw harrison ford LAST NIGHT, and he
said he would NEVER do a signing for money. that he has more money and
more brains than to do something like that. he went further to say that
he's been having momre and more people contact him and his agent asking
if this would ever be a possibility and he joked that he told his agent
that if they want to pay him $200-250 (and do 500 items) an item he
would consider it, because he thinks that no one would ever come up
with that money. he went even further to say that his agent then
offered him to $200 to sign something for his kid, as a joke.
i'll have to back up a little then, i can't say, totally that your
friend is a liar..because maybe he was willing to pony up that money
(which is a ridiculous amount)...but i highly doubt it, cause that
would mean that harrison LIED TO ME FACE TO FACE...

Old December 6th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

1)mr black...do you realize it's only one little fight...

2)sue, COA does not mean certified..it's meant to mean that, but it's
not what is meant, or even implied anymore. it would be nice if that's
what it was for...but it's not...stop taking things so literally and
implying that i don't know what i am talking about...

3)"Harrison Ford has NEVER done a personal signing"..that's because
that's what he said LAST NIGHT...how in the world can i not take his
word for it?? see what i mean by you TWISTING the words to suit what
you want to say? i said that IN THE POST, that he told me he'd never do
a signing...i can't help that he wasn't telling the truth...all i can
imagine was that he was telling me he wouldn't do a signing with me
(which i wasn't asking) but he had a long story about why he wouldn't
do them, what it would take to get one done if he ever even considered
it etc..
you've proved that nothing that i said was wrong..just twisted it
around for your own benefit...and that's what makes people tired of
you? i don't see anyone else getting ****ed at me..you're the one who
thinks they are all knowing...maybe it's YOU who needs to
reassess..you've accused me of quite a few things in the past few days
that make you look like an idiot (yes i said it, you're stupid)

4) sue you said this " I never said in
person sigs don't deserve a COA either."
well, yes, you did..you said "in my opinion neither deserves a coa (and
it was about inperson sigs and ttm sigs) then followed it up with how
only private signings deserve coas and those are the only trusted coas
out there...so if i twisted what you said to my favor..i guess i'd be
calling you a liar too.

5) you said this
"PS you continually insult people by calling people names, telling
people they don't know what they are talking about, saying all ttm
items are forgeries or secretarials, by cutting down people who get
stuff you don't think is right. "
i didn't insult anyone or cut them down..i am now...but you are being
stupid and hard headed...i guess i'm just proving my point...i guess we
are getting down to the whole "she thinks she controlls the group"
thing that i've really avoided...
and we all know what the dictionary definition of coa meant...but the
description given was saying that the item was certified...and the
autographs really aren't certified by any companies out there...like i
said at the top...you need to take it all literal BECAUSE YOU CAN'T
SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND NEED TO HAVE THE LAST WORD ABOUT EVERYTHING...

LASTLY) so here is the last word...YOUR DUMB. YOU APPARENTLY HAVE
NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE BUT PICK FIGHTS AND MAKE UP STUFF TO KEEP
IN YOUR FAVOR..you should have been a lawyer, cause it's apparent that
you'd argue with a fencpost if given the chance (i know that opens me
up to being referred to as a fence post)
you only choose the literal sense when it helps your little idiotic
argument...
90% of the TTM autographs in the world ARE FAKE. most celebrities hire
companies and have people do it for them...i'm not making this up, it
doesn't come off the top of my head..it's a general agreement from
people WHO ACTUALLY HAVE REAL AUTOGRAPH KNOWLEDGE. if it wasn't widely
known, then the seller of the item that this post was about, he'd
actually have respoonded and said "you're right, i should put that in
my auction. but it will seriously devalue my item." why is
that...BECAUSE NO ONE TRUSTS TTM AUTOGRAPHS EXCEPT THE PEOPLE WHO SEND
FOR THEM. you fight the bitter battle to say that all your stuff is
fake...but all you have on your sites that are autographs that are real
is the the third out of focus guy in "an ewok christmas." all your real
celebrities on your site are FAKE, you have to qualify them (make an
excuse for everyone of them) with some story about buying them or
"presumed not authentic" or whatever...
come on, quit picking fights with me and this will be all over...i have
it all over you...you look stupid everytime you say something against
me..seriously. i know people don't have to like me either. but at the
same time..i don't see anyone defending you in any way...you really
don't know if your item is TTM...i'll put just my collection up against
yours any day and i guarantee that every item in it would pass psa dna
or any other authentication company..
sure, there are plenty of people who will sign ttm. but it's the lesser
people who are grateful that anyone knows who they are. there's no
magical addresses that are working for you etc...****, half of the
people on your site wouldn't even know that they could make money
selling their autograph if you'd stop bugging them... it's really
getting ridiculous...and so is my rambling at this point..
cut it out..i'm imagining that it's you who needs to take some time off
from this group and come back in a month...i don't even post that much
anymore...but my claims are far more valid than yours in all these
cases.

mike

Old December 6th 06, 11:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

Mr. Black-

why do you think I plonked BF earlier this year. I never miss my chance to
go Ding-Ding. You, the sound a wwe bell makes?! :-)

Old December 6th 06, 11:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and lastly..i believe the signing...and i stated what i thought maybe
would have gone through his head...
and when i said star wars collectors have been swindled for years...i
meant all those people that have bought fake posters and photos all
these years...the guys pointed out on anthony daniels' website or david
prowse's those people have done a lot of the swindling...and that's
really the oldest collectible...

and, i won't even be reading your replies sue..this has gotten stupid
and youre the one who keeps calling names...and it's just all silly..i
guess you mis your fight quotient as you've driven off a number of
people as it is...you really just want me to leave so you can be back
in control of the group...
mike

Old December 6th 06, 11:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

ahahahahah. you obviously don't know what the word derivative means.
the definition speaks for itself. It's a LITERAL thing, so yes, it's
to be taken literally. This is no gray area here. It is was it is, a
Certificate... and they are certifying something...whether it be
little Johnny won the 5th grade spelling bee, or that so and so
graduated or that the autograph is authentic.

In this case, excuse the insult, but you're a moron. You really ought
to sue the college you supposedly attend. Get your money back because
you obviously are not learning much.

Old December 6th 06, 11:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Well, tell Harrison to say that publicly, in a real place and we'll
believe you. I sincerely doubt you chatted about that with him. Your
stories are wilder and wilder. If he's got that much time to chat
with the likes of you, then he's got time for a signing.

PS I'll email l Derek right now and tell him that you called him a
liar. I'll tell him to read this group. I am sure he'll find it
enlightening.

Old December 7th 06, 12:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I invited Derek to the board. I don't know him that well, be we've
spoken in the past a couple times, and I thought in his defense, he
should hear that you essentially are saying he's a liar and forger.
Though you did not call him a forger, by saying he lied about the
signing...means he must've forged the items. I am sure he'll love
kicking your ass.

Old December 7th 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

see look...there you go again, calling names and saying something that
i didn't say...
i never said derek was a liar...i said i believed the signing took
place...i didn't know that it had till today...but like i said, i asked
harrison last night...i never and let me explain this to you in
english...maybe i better speak swahili or something cause you obviously
don't know english...
I NEVER ONCE, NOT EVER, EVER SAID THAT THIS GUY IS A LIAR, CHEATER
FORGER OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT...I DID NOT SAY HE LIED ABOUT THE
SIGNING..THAT HAS NEVER COME FROM ME.. like i said, you are so good at
twisting what other people said...and apparently now your delusions are
going to branch out to people outside this group...that's why i said
you should shut up...
it's at this point that i'm really ****ed. i did say that harrison said
he would never do a signing...i've asked him this SEVERAL times as it's
always been rumored. he's always told me and several people that he's
unwilling to do them...and i don't know his reasons for doing them now
(maybe charity, money problems, or maybe derek just told the guy that
people are tired of seeing forgeries, i don't know) but apparently he
did..
i did say that i was upset that harrison lied to my face LAST NIGHT.
Harrison, not derek...harrison...i further followed it up by saying
that harrison must think that i'm asking him to do a signing for me or
something because i doubt he'd flat out lie, or else (and this is where
you are right) he'd just not chat about it at all. it's that simple...
i put a lot of words on here...but you need to quit adding to them.
quit putting words in my mouth. cause i never said anything saying i
didn't believe the signing took place..i even said that it looks like
there will be another one...
and to be honest, i'm all for it too..because too many star wars fans
have been swindled buying too many items that are nowhere near real and
then not believing the ones that are.
you really need to grow up...stop staring at the computer waiting for
someone to throw hate your way and stop just reacting to me calling you
stupid...because after reading what i just read from you, you truly are
stupid...do me a favor, since you need the dictionary so much, grab
it..print out what i've written and look up every god damn
word...because once you look up stupid, you'll see a picture of
yourself right there...because when i say more than once that i believe
the signing went on, i believe the web page, that i know the dealer
doing the signings, and you still read "he's calling derek a liar" then
english truly has escaped your grasp.
mike