Warning From Den

Old December 5th 06, 03:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Default Warning From Den

Friends,

I know we have talked about this before, but with the Christmas buying
season in full bloom, I'm getting an average of 6 fake emails a day
from Paypal Inpersonaters, trying to get my account info.

DO NOT REPLY TO THESE.................They are just trying to get your
password/

MANY USE the THREAT, " Accont is suspended," Or say your being billed
for something you didnt buy.

Forward them to . Paypal wil do the rest.

Please be Carefull.............

Den

Old December 5th 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I get those daily. Some say "i didn't get my pc when i sent u $" and
other such things that make it look like they come from illiterate
people. Sometimes they say they will contact Ebay or Pay Pal and have
an account suspended... I have gotten these for sneakers, laptops,
pc's, motorcyles.... I just delete everything. One time, as I wrote
here, it was a real person with real feedback and a real item... so
they are tricky!

Old December 5th 06, 07:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Sue and all,

I just talked to paypal about this and the #1 tip they gavc me is that
PAYPAL already KNOWS your name and account information.

Paypal wilnot send a email without your FIRST and LAST names.

If I can save anybody a nigjhtmare this is worth it.

Den

Old December 5th 06, 07:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Sorry for the Typing errors.

Den

Old December 5th 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

That's good; I always like it when people try to spread the word!
Thanks

Old December 5th 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Chip,

Yes, thats 100% correct.

Lets all help and protect each other. ..................

Also Happy Holidays to all.

Den

Old December 6th 06, 01:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Someone also spoofs EBay. If anyone gets the same type of spam mail
with Ebay, to forward that is

Chip