Levenger pens?

Old June 28th 07, 11:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Ronald Hands[_2_]

Default Levenger pens?

I recently came across a Levengers catalog in my dentist's
office, of all places. They're not common here in Canada --
Levenger catalogs, that is, not dentists.
Anyway, the Metalist fountain pen caught my eye, particularly
since it has a threaded cap rather than the ubiquitous snap-on
variety. Anyone have an opinion on them? I usually choose a
medium nib.
Levenger's shipping starts at $19 to Canada. Even if I buy
one of the pens, I'll try to find a way to avoid that overcharge.

-- Ron
Old July 8th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Sally Waters

Levenger has lots of pens on their web site, many of "their" brand -- the
Verona is one that I bought 2 years ago, and it's a
beautiful pen and writes very well.
Now - having said that, and keeping in mind that you want to avoid the
shipping charges Levenger has - do a search on Ebay
for 'levenger'. There are a few sellers there that put their pens up, brand
new, for auction, and that's how I got my Verona. (I know
that Levenger has an outlet store, and I think that perhaps, since the
seller I dealt with was in that area of Florida, Ebay sellers buy
up the pens at the outlet and put them up for sale. I've also bought one or
two monogrammed items from Levenger, with someone
else's initials -- I just make up something fitting for me that would match
those letters, and use the item anyway!)

Sally

"JALB" wrote in message
In article ,
Ronald Hands wrote:

I recently came across a Levengers catalog in my dentist's
office, of all places. They're not common here in Canada --
Levenger catalogs, that is, not dentists.
Anyway, the Metalist fountain pen caught my eye, particularly
since it has a threaded cap rather than the ubiquitous snap-on
variety. Anyone have an opinion on them? I usually choose a
medium nib.
Levenger's shipping starts at $19 to Canada. Even if I buy
one of the pens, I'll try to find a way to avoid that overcharge.

-- Ron

They used to feature a lot of pens in their catalogs, but in
the last 2-3 years, all I've seen are their "house brand"
pens like the True Writer.

--
Sig here...

Old July 9th 07, 06:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Ronald Hands[_2_]

Sally Waters wrote:
Levenger has lots of pens on their web site, many of "their" brand

Thanks to you and others for strategies and advice on buying
Levenger pens. I'll check out the various suggestions.
Come to think of it, though, any new pen would have to be a
superb instrument to surpass my favorite, a Waterman Expert II.

-- Ron