Any value above silver?

Old May 22nd 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Any value above silver?

Howdy;

I came across this in an accumulation I bought a while ago and was
wondering if there is any value above bullion. Also, if anyone can
identify when it was likely issued.

My THANKS

Dan

http://www.coinenthusiast.com/washmint.jpg

Old May 22nd 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Stardancer wrote:
Howdy;

I came across this in an accumulation I bought a while ago and was
wondering if there is any value above bullion. Also, if anyone can
identify when it was likely issued.

My THANKS

Dan

http://www.coinenthusiast.com/washmint.jpg

That is a U.S. Mint medal. To the best of my recollection that medal was
not silver. It was either silver plated or C/N. What size is it? I have
one that is silver colored and about 38-39 mm and another just like it only
bronze and smaller, about 32-33 mm. As I recall, neither is worth more than
3-4 dollars. The mint still sells the bronze one BTW for $3.50.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=10162

Maybe Ken Barr can give us more info.

--
©¿©¬
~

Old May 22nd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In article , "Stardancer"
wrote:

Howdy;

I came across this in an accumulation I bought a while ago and was
wondering if there is any value above bullion. Also, if anyone can
identify when it was likely issued.

My THANKS

Dan

http://www.coinenthusiast.com/washmint.jpg

It's a fairly modern medal, probably produced in the past
tem years of so. It's not listed in the Failor work
on U. S. Mint medals so it was probably not introduced
into the Mint sales inventory until after 1969.

It's made of nickel, so there is little bullion value ...

I have a few in stock (no longer in the original baggie
of issue), priced at $3 plus $1 postage domestically if
anyone is interested ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old May 22nd 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Howdy;

THANKS all for the info.

Regards

Dan