MS70?

Old September 25th 03, 05:45 AM
Bob Flaminio

Default MS70?

Another eBay laffer:

What are the odds? An MS70 in a gold-label PCI holder? I can't even
imagine what a PCGS 70 would sell for -- easily five figures. This one
will be lucky to clear twenty bucks.

--
Bob

Old September 25th 03, 07:12 AM
Jerry Dennis

I'm tempted to bid a Sacabuck on it, just to see what happens. If I were to
win it, I'd ship it off to ANACS for a cross-over. Who knows? Maybe that one
would be the elusive MS-69?

Jerry

Old September 25th 03, 12:52 PM
John Stone

"Bob Flaminio" writes:

Another eBay laffer:

What are the odds? An MS70 in a gold-label PCI holder? I can't even
imagine what a PCGS 70 would sell for -- easily five figures. This one
will be lucky to clear twenty bucks.

--
Bob

Seller lives in Sunfield, Mich. About 15 miles from me. Hmm... wonder if they
are a dealer who sets up at local shows around here? If I see a lot of PCI
coins at the next local show it just might be them.
Old September 25th 03, 12:56 PM
John Stone

"Bob Flaminio" writes:

Another eBay laffer:

What are the odds? An MS70 in a gold-label PCI holder? I can't even
imagine what a PCGS 70 would sell for -- easily five figures. This one
will be lucky to clear twenty bucks.

--
Bob

Sells a lot of Trugrade coins too. He has his name and street address
listed also. Not very bright IMO to put this right in the ebay
listing.
Old October 1st 03, 12:24 PM
Jerry Dennis

I was following this auction, wondering if I could snipe it, but it went beyond
the $10 max I would have bid. As it turns out, it sold for (ready for
this?)...

$52.26!

Sheesh! Well, I wrote the buyer to see what his plan is. Maybe he'll cross it
over like some of us would have.

Jerry

Old October 1st 03, 06:41 PM
george pearl

haw (Jerry Dennis) wrote in message ...
I was following this auction, wondering if I could snipe it, but it went beyond
the $10 max I would have bid. As it turns out, it sold for (ready for
this?)...

$52.26!

Sheesh! Well, I wrote the buyer to see what his plan is. Maybe he'll cross it
over like some of us would have.

Jerry

In a recent thread, "Bob Flaminio" wrote:

Another eBay laffer:

What are the odds? An MS70 in a gold-label PCI holder? I can't even
imagine what a PCGS 70 would sell for -- easily five figures. This one
will be lucky to clear twenty bucks.

---------------------

Hey! I just bought a ms-70 1983 washington
for $25.00 on ebay.

Trouble is, the authenticating service was
an unknown.

Old November 2nd 03, 09:24 PM
f1741

Bid what you think it's worth. The PCI "MS70"s are usually more like MS64
or 65.

You're buying a coin, not the holder.

Old November 3rd 03, 01:40 AM
Bob Flaminio

f1741 wrote:
Bid what you think it's worth. The PCI "MS70"s are usually more like
MS64 or 65.

They're not that bad, but I wouldn't guess a PCI 70 in this coin would
be more than a 66 or 67 in a real holder. I have a passing familiarity
with this particular model, and used a PCI 69 as my starting point for
my personal test of the major grading services:

http://www.flaminio.com/temp/wash.htm

You're buying a coin, not the holder.

The coin closed for $52 -- way more than I would've paid. There's never
been a PCGS 70, but if there ever is, I would expect it to bring five
figures at auction. I'm still trying to get someone to make an ANACS 69
for me (also pop 0); if you can do it, I'll pay a lot of money for it.

Buy the coin, not the holder -- yes indeed. But clearly the holder is
important as well.

Old November 3rd 03, 07:17 PM
Coin Saver

From: "f1741"

The PCI "MS70"s are usually more like MS64 or 65.

There you go - validating my claim (made a few years back) that there will
eventually be a "MS75" ... if PCI takes a MS64 and rates it as a "MS70", then
Shirley a "regular" MS68 will become a "MS75" over at PCI.

.... not to mention AccuGrade ...
(and I wish I hadn't)

8-/

Coin Saver