The Last Redesign of the U.S. $5 Bill?

Old February 2nd 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default The Last Redesign of the U.S. $5 Bill?

This article states that the $5 bill will no longer be redesigned
along with the rest of the U.S. currency, during future redesigns.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=8&gl=us
Old February 3rd 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jass

The only thing this article showed me is how absurdly powerful the
vending machine industry is.

The 5 will be redesigned in the future. Ive heard them say this in the
past. It wont be as frequent as the 20, but it will happen.
Old February 3rd 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Feb 2, 9:41*pm, Jass wrote:
The only thing this article showed me is how absurdly powerful the
vending machine industry is.

The 5 will be redesigned in the future. Ive heard them say this in the
past. It wont be as frequent as the 20, but it will happen.

Where did you hear about future $5 bill redesigns? I'd like to know
where this information came from. Did they say how often the $5 would
be redesigned, compared to the $20? Also, in a few articles I read,
about the new currency, it was said that "The $1 and $2 bills are not
as frequently redesigned as the higher denominations" So do you think
this means there is hope for new $1s and $2s? I don't see why they
shouldn't redesign the $1 and $2 every so often, seeing as
counterfeiters can bleach a $1 or $2, and print an old style "small
head" $100 bill on the genuine currency paper, if they date it in the
1980s or older, before the $100 bill got its microprinting and
security thread.

I too, think that the vending industry has too much power over our
coin and currency issues. In fact, I believe that the vending industry
is who is stopping the $1 bill from being redesigned. They find a
Congressman who is interested and block the redesign with the
Congressman's help.

Old February 3rd 08, 09:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

wrote:
On Feb 2, 9:41 pm, Jass wrote:
[...]

The vending industry wants more than anything for the $1 FRN to be dumped in
favor of the coins.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old February 3rd 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Feb 3, 3:18*am, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

The vending industry wants more than anything for the $1 FRN to be dumped in
favor of the coins.

Any proof of this allegation?
Old February 3rd 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

RF wrote:
On Feb 3, 3:18 am, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

The vending industry wants more than anything for the $1 FRN to be dumped in
favor of the coins.

Any proof of this allegation?

They were one of Jim Benfield's strongest supporters when he was still alive
(remember the financial backers of the 'Coin Coalition'?).

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Old February 3rd 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 9:41 pm, Jass wrote:
[...]

More than ANYTHING? I'd bet they more likely want big profits more than
anything. FRN's are accepted now in most of their machines, and that's what
most potential impulse purchasers usually have with them. The vending
machine industry should follow consumer preferences, not expect it to work
the other way around. Eliminate the dollar bill, and people probably still
will use leftover $1 bills, $5 bills, or quarters before they get used to
using the dollar coins. I wonder if the industry could stand the wait. But
maybe by then, everything will be geared to plastic.

Old February 3rd 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Feb 3, 12:17*pm, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
RF wrote:
On Feb 3, 3:18 am, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:

The vending industry wants more than anything for the $1 FRN to be dumped in
favor of the coins.

Any proof of this allegation?

They were one of Jim Benfield's strongest supporters when he was still alive
(remember the financial backers of the 'Coin Coalition'?).

So you have no proof.
Old February 3rd 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:18:52 -0600, "Michael G. Koerner"

On Feb 2, 9:41 pm, Jass wrote:
[...]

If you say so. Last time I tried to use a dollar coin in a machine I
found that the coin slot was too small for anything bigger than a
quarter.
Old February 4th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 2, 9:41 pm, Jass wrote:
[...]

quarter.- Hide quoted text -

So you stuffed a dollar bill in the coin slot instead?

oly

A good idea for if they ever redesign the U.S. $2 bill [email protected] Coins 0 January 23rd 08 07:47 AM
Can't they redesign the $1 Bill if... [email protected] Coins 4 January 11th 08 07:50 PM
$1 Bill Redesign Malanutt 4 Life Coins 6 August 23rd 04 04:12 AM
$2 Bill Redesign Malanutt 4 Life Coins 4 October 14th 03 09:31 PM
Who favors a $2 Bill Redesign? SF Coins 35 September 9th 03 03:50 PM