Million dollar bill trouble...

Old March 9th 04, 06:14 PM
Mark A. Behrens

Default Million dollar bill trouble...

Take a look at:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

I had better be careful with those $1,000,000 bills my son keeps getting at
the Baltimore coin show...

Mark

Old March 9th 04, 06:30 PM
Dave Allured

Puh-leeeze! Let the lady go, give here a free case of Coke or
something. Arrest the clerk on Grand Stupidity. The police too!

--Dave ;-)

Old March 10th 04, 01:41 AM
DFloyd

Dave Allured wrote in news:404DFF41.6CD2
@nospam.indra.com:

Puh-leeeze! Let the lady go, give here a free case of Coke or
something. Arrest the clerk on Grand Stupidity. The police too!

And how would you handle a lunatic who insists it's real and refuses to
leave? Keeping in mind that she is likely unstable and agitated. Add in
that you are a large corporation that gets sued at the drop of a hat.

Old March 10th 04, 01:47 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:41:41 GMT, DFloyd
wrote:

And how would you handle a lunatic who insists it's real and refuses to
leave? Keeping in mind that she is likely unstable and agitated. Add in
that you are a large corporation that gets sued at the drop of a hat.

Just tell her you can't make change for a million right now.

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old March 10th 04, 02:09 AM
DFloyd

Byron L. Reed wrote in
:

Just tell her you can't make change for a million right now.

BLReed

Oh, that'll work. "I'll just wait then". )
You might have better luck telling her she doesn't have enough money.
Old March 10th 04, 02:48 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:09:15 GMT, DFloyd
wrote:

Just tell her you can't make change for a million right now.

BLReed

Oh, that'll work. "I'll just wait then". )

I'm reminded of those time safes at Seven Eleven that dispense $10 every
minute.

"I can make change, lady, but you'll have to wait 70 days."

Old March 10th 04, 09:43 PM
Padraic Brown

wrote:

Dave Allured wrote in news:404DFF41.6CD2
:

Puh-leeeze! Let the lady go, give here a free case of Coke or
something. Arrest the clerk on Grand Stupidity. The police too!

And how would you handle a lunatic who insists it's real and refuses to
leave?

You tell her it ain't real, show her the wording that says it ain't
real and if she doesn't want to pay with real money, you can escort
her, kindly and gently, to the door.

Keeping in mind that she is likely unstable and agitated. Add in
that you are a large corporation that gets sued at the drop of a hat.

What's she going to sue over? "Honestly, yer honer, they should take
my play money - it's green and everything!" I wonder how far she'll
get with her lawyers, when she tries to pawn one off on them for the
fees.

Bless her if she really is retarded or something and truly doesn't
know better. But this smacks a little too much of Trample-me-Molly we
discussed a while back. Some people just need to be kicked out the
door on their backsides.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old March 11th 04, 12:45 AM
DFloyd

Padraic Brown wrote in
:

Some people just need to be kicked out the
door on their backsides.

That's right, and that's what the police are for.

Let them decide if she needs a trip to the Ha Ha Hilton.
Old March 11th 04, 12:47 AM
K6AZ

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:45:24 GMT, DFloyd wrote:

Padraic Brown wrote in
:

Some people just need to be kicked out the
door on their backsides.

That's right, and that's what the police are for.

Let them decide if she needs a trip to the Ha Ha Hilton.

They're coming to take me away ha ha hee hee.....
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old March 11th 04, 02:39 AM
Padraic Brown

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:45:24 GMT, DFloyd
wrote:

Padraic Brown wrote in
:

Some people just need to be kicked out the
door on their backsides.

That's right, and that's what the police are for.

Let them decide if she needs a trip to the Ha Ha Hilton.

Well, no. The police should never be deciding things like that. We
have people that can make such determinations.

And I'm not advocating police involvement at all. Apart from the fact
that she really didn't do anything illegal; the store has a manager
and a security force. They ought to be able to manage something like
this without bringing in the cavalry.