Oldtime Hockey

Old October 29th 06, 06:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Default Oldtime Hockey

A neat set of autographs,
we went to a Oldtimer hockey game last week. Guys like Eddie Shack (4
Cups), Richard Brodeur, Ron Flockhart and Dale Hawerchuk were suppose to be
there. We got there to find out Hawerchuk was not there. We were sitting
down getting a bite to eat as the teams warmed up, I looked on the ice and
there ws Bryan Trottier skating around in place of Hawerchuk. So I ran to
the front table where they were selling autographs for charity and said to
the guy, "So these must be real then?" He laughed and said he signed them
an hour ago. So then I went to the the ice where the Hockey Hall fo Fame
sets up a silent auction, lots of stuff signed, Gretzky, Hull, Howe among
others. Eddie Shack was selling some of his autos for charity as well. I
walked up hoping to get a puck signed and he was talking with another guy,
Shack said "I have this shirt for sale for $20, all the guys signed it" The
guy looks in his wallet to find out he has no money on him. So he walks
off. So I stroll up and say I'll take it, so I got the shirt, the puck
signed, and an 8x10 Signed. When I got home, I see Hawerchuk signed it not
Trottier, so I got all of the guys on shirts, 8x10's and pucks. So all in
all a good night, the money went to charity and you know the graphs are
good!

Old October 30th 06, 03:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Great deal ... congrats! that silent auction stuff sounds great
too...