Uhh... am I reading this right??

Old October 1st 04, 05:50 AM
Brian

Default Uhh... am I reading this right??

Is this auction just for the BOX that the mint bag was shipped in?!?!

Old October 1st 04, 06:23 AM
Brian

Looks like just the box to me and its up to 66 bucks....

Hmmm $2.85 for postage - why doesn't he just stick stamps on it and send

it?

Is the box actually worth anything??

Robotman.

No.

Old October 1st 04, 03:12 PM
J. A. M.

Robotman wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
Is this auction just for the BOX that the mint bag was shipped in?!?!

Looks like just the box to me and its up to 66 bucks....

Hmmm $2.85 for postage - why doesn't he just stick stamps on it and send it?

Is the box actually worth anything??

Robotman.

Sure is. You can stuff it with washers and sell it to someone that collects unopened mint packaging.

JAM
Old October 2nd 04, 01:04 AM
TomDeLorey

People can read, they just cannot think. Invariably, when the first mint mark
of any state quarter comes in, I will put a sign in the shop window such as:
THE P-MINT ONLY IOWAS ARE IN
and somebody will come in and ask:
"You got the P-Mints?"
Yes
"You don't got the D-mints?"
..
Tom DeLorey
..
Subject: Uhh... am I reading this right??
From: Barry
Date: 10/1/2004 5:27 PM Central Daylight Time
It's amazing how stupid people can be.

Even though I have in big bold print in my auction text "As I have a
Personal Paypal account, I can only accept non-credit card payments
(existing balances or bank acct transfers) ," it never fails that at
least one non-reader sends a credit card payment.

Here's an example of my listing (not the one that paid by credit card,
but same text):

Could it be any more plain?
Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

Old October 2nd 04, 12:25 PM
Papito

On 1-Oct-2004, "Brian" wrote:

Is the box actually worth anything??

Robotman.

No.

I'd say it's worth $68.85. At that price, I'd get insurance too. One would
hate to see the box get damaged in shipping.

For all those budding box collectors currently combing Ebay, I've still got
some from the first two years of proof gold eagles. They've got to be worth
more than a state quarters box.
Old October 12th 04, 04:06 PM
Chris Mitchell

Hehe...the feedback is in...