Shivers down my spine !!

Old March 10th 05, 07:54 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Roger Smith" skrev i en meddelelse

"amesh (Mette)" wrote in message
"amesh (Mette)" skrev i en meddelelse
Although in Danish I think that most people here will understand "the
message" ;-)
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aiid...0021701:img=0/

Something for the dimples
http://queries.heindorffhus.dk/harry.gif

Mette

Very good, Mette. I just hope you do not get into trouble for placing a
representation of "that" symbol on the internet. The other day there were
reports of some penpushers in Brussels trying to make it illegal to do
things like that in subservient states.

Thanks Roger. Let's see what happens, and I'll take appropiate action.
Regards
Mette

Old March 11th 05, 03:53 AM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:50:42 +0100, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:20:11 +0100, "amesh \(Mette\)"
wrote:

Although in Danish I think that most people here will understand "the
message" ;-)
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aiid...0021701:img=0/

Sad, very sad indeed...

What is very sad, Tracy?

Just another photo op stamp set, is all... All too common with these
"related countries / entities".

Considering they aren't married - or are they?

Next, it'll be the Queen's 100th birthday, day 1 - sheet of 10
different... day 2, sheet of 20 different... day 3, sheet of 12 1/2
different... straight on until she passes away or something.

Maybe a set of stamps for Charles' different pairs of shoes, who
knows!

Was the date of the 8th of April wrongly chosen as an issuing date or I have
missunderstood something more important in Danish? g

No, nothing's rotten in Denmark - that I know of. :^) There are few
people that frequent here that would know more of that than I...
Old March 11th 05, 01:14 PM
Victor Manta

wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:50:42 +0100, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

On the quantity of new issues, if they are married or not, we agree -- see
also in this thread my answer to Mr. John DeBoo.

As of the state of Denmark, I suppose that the spring will come there too in
a near future.
--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://www.pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/
Romania by Stamps: http://www.marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/communism/
Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old March 11th 05, 04:37 PM
John DeBoo

Out of curiosity, any idea how the phrase "Something is rotten in
Denmark." came about?
John

Old March 11th 05, 04:56 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"John DeBoo" skrev i en meddelelse
Out of curiosity, any idea how the phrase "Something is rotten in
Denmark." came about?
John

John, the famous phrase was first heard in Shakespeare's "Hamlet" (with the
scenario set in Denmark on Kronborg Castle in Elsinore, 50 km north of
Copenhagen). By now it has nearly become "colloquial" here ;-)

Mette

Old March 12th 05, 02:49 AM
TC

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:37:46 -0700, John DeBoo
wrote:

Out of curiosity, any idea how the phrase "Something is rotten in
Denmark." came about?
John

No, nothing's rotten in Denmark - that I know of. :^) There are few
people that frequent here that would know more of that than I...

John:

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

--From Hamlet (Act I, iv, 90)

The recently deceased King of Denmark has appeared as a ghost to the
guards that keep watch over the castle at Elsinore and although they
beckon it to speak to them, it refuses and disappears as dawn breaks.
The next night,the ghost appears and beckons Hamlet away from the
others, as if to speak in private. Horatio and the other officers view
this as dangerous and warn Hamlet not to go alone, a warning he
refuses to obey. They fear for his life and sanity, and are suspicious
of the ghost, as it may be from heaven or from hell. As Hamlet goes
off with the ghost of his father, Marcellus speaks the famous line,
which is prophetic of the evil lurking in the person of the new King.

Hope this helps.

Blair Stannard