Blair (aka TC) Wants Post As APS Clearinghouse Director!

Old November 4th 03, 05:22 PM
Tracy Barber

Default Blair (aka TC) Wants Post As APS Clearinghouse Director!

*** News Flash! *** News Flash! ***

Blair, aka TC, of recent SNA fame and glory, is now politicking for
the post of American Philatelic Society Clearinghouse Director!

TC has been heavily involved with the SNA scandal, debacle and legacy
for quite some time, earning his reputation through research, scans
and supporting dialog. (Victor! I think you've lost this fellow now
to bigger and better things!)

In the past few weeks, TC has been inundating the newsgroup with
massive posts of obscure but yet important info regarding several
topics the posters have mentioned. The readers are ecstatic with said
morsels of info!

He seems hot on the political trail of a position not yet established
in the APS food chain - that of Clearinghouse Director!

This position will include finding every scrap of info ever digitally
recorded in computer format about every topic each APS member can
bring up at any time. Seems like he has his work cut out for him, but
we're backing him 101%.

A while back, TC was recuperating in the hospital with some SNA
transfer nurses which seemed to fill him with much vim and vigor since
his release! We know it wasn't the fennec tea, because TC only
partook nominals amounts before then.

What one wonders though, is when he finds time to eat, sleep and well,
you know - the other things - let alone play with his own stamp
collecting interests!

I think that now he has made his position clear, Victor, we need to
find another volunteer to replace him in the SNA hierarchy. We do
have a few newer people here who may fit the bill, but time will tell.
TC seems to have his hands full.

Best of luck to Blair - aka TC - in his new post as Clearinghouse
Director at the APS!

(Ada - are you watching this?)

--- :^)

*****

(Disclaimer - The APS has no current position like this. The opinions
expressed are mine and mine and mine and mine and mine alone. Caveat
Emptor, Carpe Diem and all rights reversed. (c) 2003, the SNA Times.)

Tracy Barber
Old November 5th 03, 12:38 AM
David F.

Oh Boy - someone's been on the Catnip Brew again!

David.

Old November 5th 03, 01:29 AM
Tracy Barber

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 00:38:43 -0000, "David F."
wrote:

Oh Boy - someone's been on the Catnip Brew again!

I know you're bucking for TC's old position - please don't tell a fib!

Tracy Barber
Old November 5th 03, 03:24 AM
Ada Prill

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message
(Ada - are you watching this?)

--- :^)

Uh, yes, Tracy, but I don't think I have the slightest idea what you're
talking about. Methinks you've been staring too hard at invisible holograms.

Old November 5th 03, 04:21 AM
Tracy Barber

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:24:04 GMT, "Ada Prill"
wrote:

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message
(Ada - are you watching this?)

--- :^)

Uh, yes, Tracy, but I don't think I have the slightest idea what you're
talking about. Methinks you've been staring too hard at invisible holograms.

Wow - I thought I was quite transpa.. um, clear...

Blair's sporting to be the best philatelic researcher on the planet.

Was that Reader's Digest version better? :^P

Tracy Barber
Old November 5th 03, 02:55 PM
Ada Prill

Ah, is THAT what you were trying to say? In that case I concur! Blai is
indeed the source of much delight for those of us who like to explore the
byways of philately.

Ada

Old November 5th 03, 03:41 PM
Tracy Barber

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:55:48 GMT, "Ada Prill"
wrote:

Ah, is THAT what you were trying to say? In that case I concur! Blai is
indeed the source of much delight for those of us who like to explore the
byways of philately.

Are your neurons crossing again, young lady? Of course that's what I

It's probably because he does it all day... :^P

Old November 5th 03, 07:37 PM
Victor Manta

You know, Tracy, the position of SNA Postmaster General is like stamp
collecting and skin diseases: you don't die because of them, you aren't in
good health either, and you have no chances to escape.

Victor Manta

Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message

*** News Flash! *** News Flash! ***

Blair, aka TC, of recent SNA fame and glory, is now politicking for
the post of American Philatelic Society Clearinghouse Director!

TC has been heavily involved with the SNA scandal, debacle and legacy
for quite some time, earning his reputation through research, scans
and supporting dialog. (Victor! I think you've lost this fellow now
to bigger and better things!)

snip

Old November 5th 03, 08:23 PM
Tracy Barber

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:37:02 +0100, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

You know, Tracy, the position of SNA Postmaster General is like stamp
collecting and skin diseases: you don't die because of them, you aren't in
good health either, and you have no chances to escape.

It must be tough, though, for TC to handle both jobs at once - unless
you've subsidized him with those nurses to help collate things as he
goes along... he's a maniac!

Tracy Barber
Old November 5th 03, 09:59 PM
Rodney

skin diseases: you don't die because of them, you aren't in
| good health either, and you have no chances to escape.

Care to disagree,
Regular swimming in the ocean, cures most.

FS - Post Cereal cards Dogger Hockey 0 December 3rd 04 09:55 AM
FS - Post cereal cards Dogger Baseball 0 December 3rd 04 09:54 AM
4 Sale - Post cereal cards Dogger Baseball 0 November 21st 03 08:01 AM
FS - Post Cereal items - Hky & Baseball The Dogger Hockey 0 November 11th 03 10:50 PM
FS - A whole bunch of oddballs and inserts from the early 90's The Dogger Baseball 0 October 25th 03 05:58 AM