Wanted: Source for uncirculated 1967 UK Pennies

Old August 10th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

Default Wanted: Source for uncirculated 1967 UK Pennies

I have an option to buy a bag of 500 uncirculated 1967 UK pennies for
roughly 10 cents each delivered (in the U.S.).

I realize these coins are common as dirt - at least in the UK - but it's
still quite expensive to ship this kind of thing across the pond.

Can anyone show me a better price for ~500 of these coins?

--
Jim Seymour
Old August 11th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dik T. Winter

In article Jim Seymour writes:
I have an option to buy a bag of 500 uncirculated 1967 UK pennies for
roughly 10 cents each delivered (in the U.S.).

I realize these coins are common as dirt - at least in the UK - but it's
still quite expensive to ship this kind of thing across the pond.

Can anyone show me a better price for ~500 of these coins?

Let's do some calculations. 500 pennies would be less than 2 kg. So
sending it by post from the Netherlands would be EUR 20.75 priority
or EUR 11.75 standard mail. That is resp. about US$ 26 and US$ 15.
The value is UKP 5, or about US$ 9 (although uncirculated might have
a premium).
Old August 11th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

Dik T. Winter wrote:
Let's do some calculations. 500 pennies would be less than 2 kg. So
sending it by post from the Netherlands would be EUR 20.75 priority
or EUR 11.75 standard mail. That is resp. about US$ 26 and US$ 15.
The value is UKP 5, or about US$ 9 (although uncirculated might have
a premium).

Except I'm talking about pre-decimalization 1967 pennies - so the value
is not 5 pounds.

However, the point is moot. I've pulled the trigger on the purchase and
I have a pile of them on the way - at roughly 10 cents each.

--
Jim Seymour
Old August 11th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton

In a recent message Jim Seymour wrote:

I have an option to buy a bag of 500 uncirculated 1967 UK pennies for
roughly 10 cents each delivered (in the U.S.).

I realize these coins are common as dirt - at least in the UK - but it's
still quite expensive to ship this kind of thing across the pond.

I suspect that shipping cost far exceeds any numismatic value.

Can anyone show me a better price for ~500 of these coins?

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coinsoftheuk.info
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
.... Tagline Lotto: ²²²²²²²²²²- Scratch here for prize.
Old August 12th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

"Jim Seymour" wrote in message
I have an option to buy a bag of 500 uncirculated 1967 UK pennies for
roughly 10 cents each delivered (in the U.S.).

I realize these coins are common as dirt - at least in the UK - but it's
still quite expensive to ship this kind of thing across the pond.

Can anyone show me a better price for ~500 of these coins?

--
Jim Seymour

Usually most all places only sell bulk 'world coins' where you have no say
at what you will be getting. They probably just take a big scoop and dig
some world coinage out of a big bin. I could only find one place that had
those and they were a dollar each.