FBLs? Don't think so.

Old September 13th 03, 03:01 PM
Larry Louks

Default FBLs? Don't think so.

John Carney wrote:
It looks like this guy is going to pay thousands for a $50 coin.

Holy smokes! Not only can I not believe it, I'm in total shock! I surely
can't see what the high bidder evidently thinks he sees! Oh, the power of
suggestion when couched in enticing words!

-=LDL

Old September 13th 03, 03:04 PM
Doggo

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html

It has to be. Says so right on the NTC slab ;-)

Ed
'The Official slab of ACG'

Old September 13th 03, 03:35 PM
Bill Krummel

"John Carney" wrote in message

It looks like this guy is going to pay thousands for a $50 coin.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html

But, you are saying that just from the logic, right? You can't really tell
from that image whether the coin is FBL or not. I would say it's not FBL
because;

1. Why else would the picture be small enough that the critical feature of
the coin can not be discerned? For that high a priced coin, if legitimate,
I would surely have a close up that showed the lines.

2. And, for what other reason in the world would that coin be in an NTC
slab when the same coin, graded the same grade by PCGS or NGC would bring
thousands and thousands more dollars?

Bill

Old September 13th 03, 03:51 PM
Larry Louks

Bill Krummel wrote:
Why else would the picture be small enough that the critical feature of

the coin can not be discerned?

A very good point, Bill. As I looked at that photo, my first thought was how
someone would risk bidding that kind of money with such a tiny photo to
assess? And you would indeed think that the seller would have provided a
really close shot of those bell lines.

-=LDL

Old September 13th 03, 03:55 PM
John Carney

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message ...

[...]

Exactly. These are the two points, in addition to the reputation of the seller, that would
convince me without doubt, that this coin is not a FBL Franklin.

Old September 13th 03, 04:24 PM
Barry K

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:51:17 GMT, "Larry Louks"
wrote:

Bill Krummel wrote:
Why else would the picture be small enough that the critical feature of

the coin can not be discerned?

A very good point, Bill. As I looked at that photo, my first thought was how
someone would risk bidding that kind of money with such a tiny photo to
assess? And you would indeed think that the seller would have provided a
really close shot of those bell lines.

-=LDL

Not that seller. He used to sell ACG crap. A real scumbag.

--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies
Old September 13th 03, 05:35 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Larry Louks wrote:

Bill Krummel wrote:
Why else would the picture be small enough that the critical feature of

the coin can not be discerned?

A very good point, Bill. As I looked at that photo, my first thought was how
someone would risk bidding that kind of money with such a tiny photo to
assess? And you would indeed think that the seller would have provided a
really close shot of those bell lines.

-=LDL

He's done dozens of transactions with centsles, he must know what he's
getting into.

Alan
'guesses they are close'
Old September 13th 03, 05:40 PM
Glenn A. Miller

On 9/13/03 12:35, in article , "Alan & Erin
Williams" wrote:

He's done dozens of transactions with centsles, he must know what he's
getting into.

That could also make him a shill. Just a thought.

Old September 13th 03, 05:43 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Williams" wrote:

He's done dozens of transactions with centsles, he must know what he's
getting into.

That could also make him a shill. Just a thought.

;-)

Alan
'or a pigeon'
Old September 13th 03, 08:29 PM
WinWinscenario

He's done dozens of transactions with centsles, he must know what he's
getting into.

Alan

Either that, or he's a very loyal customer. He may have bought the "dream,"
like a lot of those suckers do when they buy from HSN. They have been duped by
salesmen into thinking they are making investments.

The grim reality hasn't struck yet.

Regards,
Tom