"this will be the centerpiece of anyones collection"

Old September 1st 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Default "this will be the centerpiece of anyones collection"

Not if they've been collecting for any longer than 10 minutes it won't, why
do some seller insist upon including this ridiculous statement, or similar,
it their auctions?

It makes the seller look like they have little knowledge of the item they
are selling, on the other hand it may just be eBay hype. :-)

It is a very attractive note and every collector of Scottish notes must have
at least one but this signature type is the commonest there is.

No bids yet with plenty of time left, maybe it'll go cheap? If someone
falls for the hype it may reach £100! Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-COLLECTO...mZ140024849714

Old September 3rd 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
stonej

note.boy wrote:
Not if they've been collecting for any longer than 10 minutes it won't, why
do some seller insist upon including this ridiculous statement, or similar,
it their auctions?

It makes the seller look like they have little knowledge of the item they
are selling, on the other hand it may just be eBay hype. :-)

It is a very attractive note and every collector of Scottish notes must have
at least one but this signature type is the commonest there is.

No bids yet with plenty of time left, maybe it'll go cheap? If someone
falls for the hype it may reach £100! Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-COLLECTO...mZ140024849714

My favorite silly sellers statement on Ebay is calling a note "unique"
when I have one and have seen a dozen others on Ebay.

Old September 3rd 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"stonej" wrote in message
ps.com...

note.boy wrote:
Not if they've been collecting for any longer than 10 minutes it won't,
why
do some seller insist upon including this ridiculous statement, or
similar,
it their auctions?

It makes the seller look like they have little knowledge of the item they
are selling, on the other hand it may just be eBay hype. :-)

It is a very attractive note and every collector of Scottish notes must
have
at least one but this signature type is the commonest there is.

No bids yet with plenty of time left, maybe it'll go cheap? If someone
falls for the hype it may reach £100! Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LARGE-COLLECTO...mZ140024849714

My favorite silly sellers statement on Ebay is calling a note "unique"
when I have one and have seen a dozen others on Ebay.

This seller always has several of this note listed but he insists on calling
them "rare" and he always states "Lacking any serial number on reverse" but
of course the serial number in on the front.

I don't want to ask him again so could someone ask why he states it lacks
serials on the back when they are always on the front, when I drew this to
his attention a few weeks back he just replied that I was correct in my
statement.

He is yet to sell one. Billy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-SCOTTISH-...mZ170025679006