Mystic Stamp Company *******s!

Old September 14th 04, 04:13 PM
Rodney

| The BBB also indicates that most all of the complaints
| are resolved, however resolving it in these cases means
| all they had to do was say "Ok, we won't send him any
| more unrequested merchandise".

Rather than "telling your wife" to do the business,
which seems odd to me, why not draught a letter yourself
enquiring on just how the company managed to get
(presumably) your correct name, address in the first place,
with evidence on how they received the request for stamps.

OK, I can understand your frustration, but it serves no purpose
to shoot from the hip. It would think it better for you to consume
the energy of anger more towards securing accurate evidence
on just what occurred. For example, are you sure your wife sent
the stamps back to the correct address? may have they gone
to a subsidiary?
Then again, it may have been divine intervention, or a Mystic Freudian
message, I can feel your angst strongly in your posts, perhaps you
do need a good dose of stamp collecting to calm you down

Old September 14th 04, 04:24 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
| The BBB also indicates that most all of the complaints
| are resolved, however resolving it in these cases means
| all they had to do was say "Ok, we won't send him any
| more unrequested merchandise".

Rather than "telling your wife" to do the business,
which seems odd to me, why not draught a letter yourself
enquiring on just how the company managed to get
(presumably) your correct name, address in the first place,
with evidence on how they received the request for stamps.

OK, I can understand your frustration, but it serves no purpose
to shoot from the hip. It would think it better for you to consume
the energy of anger more towards securing accurate evidence
on just what occurred. For example, are you sure your wife sent
the stamps back to the correct address? may have they gone
to a subsidiary?
Then again, it may have been divine intervention, or a Mystic Freudian
message, I can feel your angst strongly in your posts, perhaps you
do need a good dose of stamp collecting to calm you down

Maybe I come in a bit late in this thread, but in Denmark there is no
obligation to return anything that someone has sent unsolicited to you.
Were it me, I would simply forget the matter, and give away the stamps to
someone that would appreciate them -- or simply throw them out. On the
other hand, if you do return unsolicited merchandise, then you must do it
against a postal receipt to prove that you have sent it. There's nothing
much to whine about, just be practical, and forget about the matter.
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

Old September 14th 04, 05:14 PM
asdf

Grandpa wrote:
Dave wrote:

"asdf" wrote in message
link.net...

I am not currently nor have I ever collected stamps
yet the "Mystic Stamp Company" is sending me packages
of stamps telling me to pay or send them back. I told
my wife to pitch them, then they send me a bill stating
I never paid for stamps. Then we get a second "pay or
send back package". So she sends them back telling them
not to send anymore. Now they do it a third time. What
is it with this place that they think they can extort
money from me? Is this place a big scam company or what?
I'm pretty ****ed off at them right now. I'm reporting
them to the BBB right now. Is this place know for this
type of behavior?

Contact the USPS postal inspectors. Let them know that this
company
is giving you a ration of unsolicited BS.
Dave

Hmmm, something tells me that ASDF is a TROLL & spammer. Only one post
to this NG and thats a lot of trouble to go thru just to whine about one
company. Would you go thru that trouble to post? Doing an advanced
Google for his entire email addr shows him in boatloads of different NGs.

Well grandpa you're wrong. I agree that my post was borderline
troll-type behavior but that wasn't the intent. And I tried your
to avoid spam. Finally, I went through the trouble
to post to find out if anyone here knew about this company. If I'd
have went to bbb.ord first I probably wouldn't have bothered to post
here.

Old September 14th 04, 05:16 PM
asdf

Rodney wrote:
| The BBB also indicates that most all of the complaints
| are resolved, however resolving it in these cases means
| all they had to do was say "Ok, we won't send him any
| more unrequested merchandise".

Rather than "telling your wife" to do the business,
which seems odd to me, why not draught a letter yourself
enquiring on just how the company managed to get
(presumably) your correct name, address in the first place,
with evidence on how they received the request for stamps.

OK, I can understand your frustration, but it serves no purpose
to shoot from the hip. It would think it better for you to consume
the energy of anger more towards securing accurate evidence
on just what occurred. For example, are you sure your wife sent
the stamps back to the correct address? may have they gone
to a subsidiary?
Then again, it may have been divine intervention, or a Mystic Freudian
message, I can feel your angst strongly in your posts, perhaps you
do need a good dose of stamp collecting to calm you down

I didn't tell my wife to send them back. She did that on
her own. It couldn't have went to the wrong address,
they give you a postage paid envelope.

Old September 14th 04, 05:32 PM
Grandpa

asdf wrote:
Grandpa wrote:

Dave wrote:

"asdf" wrote in message
[...]

Your original msg came from asdf , not asdf
like this one does (see the top post in this msg). The
former is what I did the search with. You've changed email addr's
again. Whats up with that?

Again, if you've never contacted them then I suspect some prankster is
having fun at your expense.

Gandpa
Old September 14th 04, 06:33 PM
asdf

Grandpa wrote:

asdf wrote:

Grandpa wrote:

Dave wrote:

"asdf" wrote in message
[...]

I'm posting from two computers. One at home and one at work.
I don't use my real email address in any usenet postings ever.

Old September 16th 04, 01:26 AM
David Ames

Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message ...
Did you contact them for a catalog or similar? Almost any contact with
them will net you 'approvals' which is what you are getting. If you
didn't then someone else did in your name. After maybe 6-8 mailings
from them that you return they stop sending stuff. At least they pay
for the return postage unlike most places with 'approvals'.

FWIW, they do have a really nice catalog!

Grandpa

Forty-some years ago I worked for a mail-order company that sold their
line through recruited salesmen. One day the office manager received
an indignant letter from someone who objected to receiving our
catalogs and sales literature. The manager had someone look up the
original card, which he returned to the complainant together with a
letter stating that his name had been removed from our records.

David Ames
Old September 16th 04, 02:00 PM
Mr. Tracy Barber

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:27:20 GMT, asdf wrote:

asdf wrote:

I am not currently nor have I ever collected stamps
yet the "Mystic Stamp Company" is sending me packages
of stamps telling me to pay or send them back. I told
my wife to pitch them, then they send me a bill stating
I never paid for stamps. Then we get a second "pay or
send back package". So she sends them back telling them
not to send anymore. Now they do it a third time. What
is it with this place that they think they can extort
money from me? Is this place a big scam company or what?
I'm pretty ****ed off at them right now. I'm reporting
them to the BBB right now. Is this place know for this
type of behavior?

Imagine this... right from http:/www.bbb.org

"Our records indicate a pattern of complaints from consumers who
report receiving unordered merchandise and problems with
credit/billing procedures."

Hey - the dude is still trying to pay off the Franklin "Grill" stamp
he "bought" a while back. Guess who's subsiding it? Hmmm?
Old September 16th 04, 02:03 PM
Mr. Tracy Barber

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:37:15 -0500, "James R. Jones"
wrote:

Personally I have purcahsed many stamps from Mystic, probably a bit high
on price but when you live in the middle of nowhere you take what you
can get. I have never had a problem of anykind with them. They were
always more than helpful and took care of the wantlists that I forwarded
back to them.

You can ALWAYS do better price-wise than them. Period. Use your
browser to look for better stamp deals. Guaranteed to be able to find
some.
Old June 1st 13, 10:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Mystic Stamp Company *******s!

AE gelat is correct you can keep them here is a gov page that says so https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...itedFraud.aspx