Buy Gold, Obama wants to steal your 401(k)

Old August 13th 10, 10:43 AM
Califa Califa is offline
Junior Member

Location: Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L. Hall[_2_] View Post
Oh! No! Just last week, I got a letter saying that Obama is going to
confiscate all my gold. So I sold the gold and purchased bonds. Now you're
telling me that Obama is going to take all my bonds so I should purchase
gold. What a dilemma to be in. I'm going around in circles.

--
Richard
http://coins.richlh.com/MyCoinLinks.htm

"GoldworthFinancial" wrote in message
401(k)/IRA Nationalization Quietly Moves Forward

"The U.S. Treasury and Labor Departments will ask for public comment as
soon
as next week on ways to promote the conversion of 401(k) savings and
Individual Retirement Accounts into annuities or other steady payment
streams, according to Assistant Labor Secretary Phyllis C. Borzi and
Deputy
Assistant Treasury Secretary Mark Iwry, who are spearheading the effort."

They want to "get" people to invest their 401k's and IRA's into annuities,
or likely into U.S. T-Bonds, which are in the biggest overvalued bubble
the
world has ever seen.

They are doing this because they will have $2 Trillion Dollars in bonds to
sell this year, and foreign buying is drying up. China doesn't want
them....
Do you?

Who's behind it?

The White House and a powerful network of Congressional activists, and The
highly-influential Ford and Rockefeller Foundations. They are engineering
new regulatory and tax-incentive. The purpose is to herd and ultimately
force Americans to convert their 40l(k)s and IRAs into government-directed
retirement accounts.

The 40l(k)/IRA de-privatization plan is the brain-child of Teresa
Ghilarducci (Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis - SCEPA), who is
funded by the Rockefeller Foundation.

The extreme tactics used to ram nationalized health care down the
country's
throat are a blueprint for what could be the biggest asset grab in
history.

This is exactly what took place in Argentina. Yes, Argentina was once a
powerful nation; the 3rd wealthiest nation until the 20th Century.

Another reason as to why our government needs to nationalize retirement
accounts...

Is reported by the New York Times, "This year, the system will pay out
more
in benefits than it receives in payroll taxes, this important threshold
was
not expected to cross until at least 2016, according to the Congressional
Budget Office." The trickle of red ink will soon become a flood under the
pressure of 78 million retiring Baby Boomers.... Less money going into the
system!

Who will you need to Trust in the Handling of your money?

The March 9 edition of Business Week notes that new federal regulations
designed to "promote the conversion of 401(k) savings and Individual
Retirement Accounts into annuities or other steady payment streams" would
help drive cash into government-controlled entities such as American
International Group (AIG), which was bailed out to the tune of $182.3
billion.

You Do Trust AIG.. right?

The Real Question Is..

Is there a safe haven for retirement accounts?

Tangible Gold & Silver.

http://www.goldworth.com/
Yes, and in a little over a year, effective Jan 1 2012, they slipped a little provision into the 'Affordable Health Care Act', that anyone or company who buys anything from anyone else, over $600 - must file a 1099 with the IRS providing them with the social security # and name of the person they bought it from. Start digging out your old receipts - as the burden will be on you to prove how much profit or loss you had - should you decide to sell those coins...and buy new ones...might want to consider selling now...
Old August 13th 10, 12:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Default Buy Gold, Obama wants to steal your 401(k)

Scott Stevenson wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:11:22 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

On Aug 12, 10:41 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 4:33 am, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Richard L. Hall wrote:
Oh! No! Just last week, I got a letter saying that Obama is
going to confiscate all my gold. So I sold the gold and
purchased bonds. Now you're telling me that Obama is going to
take all my bonds so I should purchase gold. What a dilemma to
be in. I'm going around in circles.

It's coming to get you...it's in your home state...it's outside
your door...

James "Lights Out" the Creeper

"OH! I GOT OUT MY JELL-O AND SMEARED IT ALL OVER THE FLOOR!"

Jerry
Trivia Question - Who actually said that?

"We had never seen the belt. But we had heard about it. It was nine
feet long. Eight feet wide. It had hooks in it, and it would tear
the meat off your body if it ever hit you."

James the Organist
'doooo, doooo, reeeeeeeeng'

Touche, James. Your response indicates you know. Now, anybody else
want to give it a shot?

Jerry

Noah!

take care,
Scott
waiting for the sewers to back up...

Ha! Another person of impeccable taste!

James the Shop Teacher
'who put the bullet in the furnace?'

Old August 13th 10, 01:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
beekeep

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:18:13 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:

Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 10:41 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 4:33 am, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Richard L. Hall wrote:
[...]

"OK, you can bite it just a little bit, but don't put none of your juice in
it. Just give it a little snakey lick - alickalickalicka."

I listened to that LP with a friend while in high school, and then many
years later my son insisted on using the whole set as "going nite-nite"
entertainment. That vinyl was totally hosed by the time he outgrew them! I
think I have all the routines memorized. "Snakes! I gotta go baffroom!"

James the Snake Charmer

Wasn't that the one where he set the couch on fire?

beekeep

Old August 13th 10, 01:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

beekeep wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:18:13 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:

Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 10:41 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 4:33 am, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Richard L. Hall wrote:
[...]

Yep, "you won't come near smoke and fire and Jello!"

James the Chicken Heart
'thoom thoom...thoom thoom'

Old August 13th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Califa wrote:
'Richard L. Hall[_2_ Wrote:
;655633']Oh! No! Just last week, I got a letter saying that Obama is
going to
confiscate all my gold. So I sold the gold and purchased bonds. Now
you're
telling me that Obama is going to take all my bonds so I should
purchase

gold. What a dilemma to be in. I'm going around in circles.

--
Richard
http://coins.richlh.com/MyCoinLinks.htm
http://www.richlh.com
Don't lament that the rose bush has thorns. Rejoice that the
thornbush has
roses. [Ancient Egyptian Saying]

"GoldworthFinancial" wrote in message
...-
[...]

There is legislation in the works that will cancel that particular
provision.

James

Old August 13th 10, 11:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Aug 13, 7:09*am, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
Scott Stevenson wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:11:22 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

On Aug 12, 10:41 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 4:33 am, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Richard L. Hall wrote:
[...]

'who put the bullet in the furnace?'- Hide quoted text -

I started out as a child...

Jerry
Who knew we old codgers were so full of wit?
Old August 13th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Scott Stevenson wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:11:22 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

On Aug 12, 10:41 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 4:33 am, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
Richard L. Hall wrote:
[...]

People usually tell me that I'm full of something that sounds very much like
"wit".

James the Hard of Hearing

Old August 22nd 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Aug 13, 4:43*am, Califa
wrote:
'Richard L. Hall[_2_ Wrote:

[...]

Califa- Hide quoted text -

Actually that's a lie originated by the Cato Institute to make people
angry about Health Care Reform

Old August 22nd 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
No User[_3_]

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
Actually that's a lie originated by the Cato Institute to make people

angry about Health Care Reform

Frank is just being a good German. Don't try to confuse him with the facts.
Democrats are good, Republicans are bad. Case closed.

Therefore, the "Healthcare" bill is good. After all, most of the Democrats
in Congress voted for it and all of the Republicans voted against it.

Still, I look at what Frank's selling and have to question this: 1862-S
Seated Half ANACS AU58 Cleaned Rare Trends $1750

I, for one, didn't even realize that "Trends" gave values for cleaned coins.

Old August 22nd 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Actually the problem is that how much do you withdraw from your 401(k)
each year, not knowing
what the interest rates or value of stock investments will be, nor how
long you will live, to keep from
running out of money. The Obama administration simply wants to
encourge people to convert
their 401(k) to an annuity (run by an insurance company, not the
government) which will give them
a guaranteed amount every month for the rest of their life.

Yet Fox News and talk radio misrepresent this as "Nancy Pelsoi
stealing your 401(k)"