Book on restoring Seeburg HF100G

Old November 4th 04, 05:55 AM

Default Book on restoring Seeburg HF100G

Is there a book out there aimed specifically at restoring the 100G....or
even the 100 series Something like a step by step.....maybe even aimed at
amatuers like myself who are doing their first one?
RC....you said you knew of one but I never heard back from you.
Anyone??......Mickey

Old November 4th 04, 07:00 AM
Ken G.

A book or manual will help you adjust things and troubleshoot but the
other 65% of the process is going to depend on your mechanical abilitys
and how good you are at details .
You also need a nice area to do the work where you can leave it while
you do other normal chores ( work ) e.t.c.

To properly ``restore`` a jukebox like that you really need to remove
all the insides from the cabinet , clean each and everything , rebuild
each unit and restore the cabinet while its empty then put all the
cleaned and rebuilt parts back in and on it
Or you can try to just clean things up and call it good .. thats good
enough for some people . It would be very hard to restore one of those
sitting in an apartment living room or somewhere like that .. its dirty
work .
I always get a piece of cardboard to punch the screws into and wright
next to each grooping where they go ... store that cardboard with all
the screws somewhere no one will disturb it .

I dont know of any book that will tell you every step , you just need
good repair skils

Old November 4th 04, 07:22 AM
RC

Sorry, have not had time to dig through piles to find it, but Bob is
right. Always Jukin will have it. There's two spiral bound volumes,
One is a general all around rebuild of the Seeburg 100's (I think they
use a C, but a G will be similar) that goes into the case veneering
and basic mechanical and electrical, and the second I think is on the
mechanism, but I may be wrong on that.
There's also a video on the mechanism that I highly recommend.
"Seeburg Select-O-matic restoration" by Mike Zucarro.
And get a manual for the G.
Old November 4th 04, 01:44 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

Quite a number of years ago I wrote a small book called the "Seeburg Jukebox
Mechanical Restoration Guide" - it was a detailed set of directions on how to
restore the mechanical assemblies of a typical Select-O-Matic 100 mechanism
like the C, G, R series. It covered disassembly, cleaning, and re-assembly of
the record playing mechanism, keyboard, credit unit, etc.

Quite a bit of the information would also be applicable to later models that
use the Tormat memory system. I sold the rights to Rick Botts of Jukebox
Collector - I believe he still sells that book.

A short while later Gameroom Magazine did a series of articles on restoring
the Seeburg "C". That was collected into book form and is probably still
available.

The combination of both books should give you a decent head-start. You'll
still need some mechanical aptitude, but most of the work isn't that hard to
pick up with a little guidance.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old November 7th 04, 01:10 AM
PinMan

Here's a question probably better for a different thread... but I'm a
pinball guy and know all the top restoration guys in that area, I've been
wondering who are the "best" restoration guys for say '50's Seeburgs?