2010 Proof Set..has anyone been able to get a good one???

Old August 27th 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

Default 2010 Proof Set..has anyone been able to get a good one???

Now up to replacement #4...splash marks and stains on all the golden
dollars and penny. Spots on the clad pieces such as the half dollar.
This is sorry QC.
Old August 27th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

MKW wrote:
Now up to replacement #4...splash marks and stains on all the golden
dollars and penny. Spots on the clad pieces such as the half dollar.
This is sorry QC.

Yes, it is. When I used to collect that type of material, I'd wait until
dealers had them in quantity, then sort through what they had and pick the
best one. Sure, I paid more, but avoided the type of frustration that
you're experiencing.

James

Old August 28th 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

On 8/27/2010 3:21 PM, MKW wrote:
Now up to replacement #4...splash marks and stains on all the golden
dollars and penny. Spots on the clad pieces such as the half dollar.
This is sorry QC.

Yes after two attempts. The dollar coins, as you noted, appear to be
problematic this year. One has splash marks and the others had dark
brown tarnish spots. I don't think there has been one year, since
around 2000, that I have not had to return at least one item from an
order for exchange.

I still have to call and get my shipping refund.

Old August 30th 10, 07:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
hoshie

On Aug 27, 3:21*pm, MKW wrote:
Now up to replacement #4...splash marks and stains on all the golden
dollars and penny. *Spots on the clad pieces such as the half dollar.
This is sorry QC.

Hello All,

Ouch! This isn't good. I've decided this is probably the last year I'm
getting the full set (after this year I'm sticking to the Prexibux
proof sets). A quick question for those that have the set (or the mint
set): is the cent the same bronze alloy used last year or copper-
plated zinc? I seem to have read something late last year that stated
the Mint had got permission to strike bronze cents again this year. I
could have been wrong.

Thanks.

Joshua Holman
Havelock, NC
Old September 1st 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Slime Lowlife

According to the card in my 2010 set, the penny's 2.5% copper, balance
zinc.

I suppose you could get a scale out & weigh them, in case a leftover
bronze planchet from last year got into the mix...

In article
,
hoshie wrote:

On Aug 27, 3:21*pm, MKW wrote:
Hello All,

A quick question for those that have the set (or the mint
set): is the cent the same bronze alloy used last year or copper-
plated zinc? I seem to have read something late last year that stated
the Mint had got permission to strike bronze cents again this year. I
could have been wrong.

2010 US Mint Proof Set...QC Problems... MKW Coins 4 August 15th 10 07:45 AM
2010 ASE Proof randiR Coins 2 August 8th 10 11:12 PM
2010 News: Kobe Bryant new shoes for the 2009-2010 NBA Season aderzhang Basketball 0 January 9th 10 11:55 AM
FA: closing sun 2000 25c Proof Set 2004 Proof set 1c No Reserve [email protected] Coins 0 February 25th 06 12:50 AM
FA: 2003, 2004 Silver Proof Set. 2000 Clad proof set John Carney Coins 5 April 24th 05 10:59 PM