From the Provasek (prosovek prozacset - whatever) school of marketing.

Old July 11th 05, 12:18 AM
Bob Peterson

Aren't you afraid he might sue you for that kind of comment?

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Frank Provasek wrote:
"Frita Alowishious Fredrico" wrote in message
Frank Provasek wrote:

I have taken legal action against two people, and the posts from them
have stopped.

And who might these "two people" be?

Frita

Sorry, I don't comment on pending legal actions.

Hey Frank....stop cross-posting this crap

Old July 11th 05, 12:27 AM
Frank Provasek

Frank Provasek wrote:

I have taken legal action against two people, and the posts from them
have stopped.

And who might these "two people" be?

Frita

Sorry, I don't comment on pending legal actions.

Hey Frank....stop cross-posting this crap

I have crossposted nothing. If the original message is posted in multiple
groups, it's not
my job to try and find out what groups to delete so that the previous poster
will see it.

I am defending my honor.

I am defending my family.

I am defending my livelihood.

Old July 11th 05, 12:44 AM
Phil DeMayo

Frank Provasek wrote:
"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hey Frank....stop cross-posting this crap

I have crossposted nothing. If the original message is posted in multiple
groups, it's not
my job to try and find out what groups to delete so that the previous poster
will see it.

Another load of crap Frank....you know exactly where your posts are
headed.

If the tripe is coming from A.M.O.E., then post your response there and
there only. And that goes for your buddies too.

Old July 11th 05, 01:49 AM
Scott Stevenson

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:35:51 GMT, "Frank Provasek"
wrote:

I get blasted for defending myself, and blasted for NOT defending myself.

And where on that continuum is your attempted cheap shot on Jason a
couple of weeks ago?

Scott
"...and Brutus is an _honorable_ man..."
Old July 11th 05, 08:47 PM
JC Dill

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:35:51 GMT, "Frank Provasek"
wrote:

"NoUser" wrote in message
When Frank writes things here that I think are stupid the people
here who care about children, that is not about cuss words, but

Vulgar langauge is prohibited by the TOS of virtually all ISPs.

stopping this KNOWN COIN CROOK AND SPAMMER.

And yet you brand me as a crook despite any supporting evidence. Nor have
I sent anything defined as spam.

You yourself posted that eBay said you were spamming:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.marketing.online.ebay/msg/0b775a43ba43a668

As defined by eBay, spam is email sent in violation of eBay's
policies. You did that, so you are a spammer.

jc

Old July 12th 05, 01:15 AM
Frank Provasek

wrote:

"NoUser" wrote in message
When Frank writes things here that I think are stupid the people
here who care about children, that is not about cuss words, but

Vulgar langauge is prohibited by the TOS of virtually all ISPs.

stopping this KNOWN COIN CROOK AND SPAMMER.

And yet you brand me as a crook despite any supporting evidence. Nor have
I sent anything defined as spam.

You yourself posted that eBay said you were spamming:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.marketing.online.ebay/msg/0b775a43ba43a668

As defined by eBay, spam is email sent in violation of eBay's
policies. You did that, so you are a spammer.

jc

Yes, but it turns out that Ebay apparently didn't make the phone call.
It's not
spam if it's a personal letter (not bulk) nor if you have a business
relationship with
the customer, especially before ebay existed. Besides, coin collectors
appreciate
a proactive dealer giving them a heads up on new offerings. Nothing was
offered
outside ebay, and ebay's own sellers assistant software did the same thing.

But, thanks for your opinion.

Old July 12th 05, 02:16 AM
Frank Provasek

JC Dill" wrote

D'oh! It is not "personal" if you're selling something.

It is spam if the name was gleaned from a database. Your eBay customer's
names come from eBay's database, so it is spam, spammer.

The email addresses came from Outlook Express, where my customers had
previously written to me, not from ebay's "database"

Example of a personal letter: (not spam)

Dear Sid,

I know that you are quite proud that you lack only the 1914-D cent to
complete your
Lincoln Cent set. At last month's ANA show, I picked up a solid VG10
slabbed by ANACS
which I am currently offering on ebay. Please take a look at it and see if
it meets your needs.
Of course, if you are the winning bidder and find it unsatisfactory for any
reason, you may
return it for a full refund....

Example of a spam email:

Dear Homeowner,

You have been pre-approved for a $402,000 Home Loan at a 3.45% Fixed Rate.

This offer is being extended to you unconditionally and your credit is in no
way a factor.

To take Advantage of this Limited Time opportunity all

we ask is that you visit our Website and complete

the 1 minute post Approval Form.

Enter Here

Sincerely,

Esteban Tanner

Regional CEO

or this:

Get live and upclose now! Now you caan see online
girls pefrom for you with their online webcam! You
can do it right away, at a touch of a button.
Sexy girls of all kinds, real sex and real people.
You won't imagine what they can do for you!
click now to change your life!

http://www.soemchik.com/adc/caliphat...uena/bette.htm

or this:

Tired of making a "Salary"
Do you make more money when your company does? No...
Work for yourself and keep the profits.
Run your own online casiino - no skills needed.
Call 1-877-806-6810 extention:57 to talk to a live rep now.

Thank you for your time

---

Old July 12th 05, 02:27 AM
Gary Dorman

Pay those people no mind Frank. Collectors want to hear about
something
they need. You are providing customer service to your customers.
Screw ebay, (Also known as e-fake) you will be in business long after
they are destined to the dustbin of history for failing to address the
fraud and counterfeit problem which is rapidly making them the
laughingstock of the
collectible communities.

Old July 12th 05, 02:59 AM
JC Dill

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:16:19 GMT, "Frank Provasek"
wrote:

D'oh! It is not "personal" if you're selling something.

Example of a personal letter: (not spam)

That's not a "personal" letter, it's a business letter, and if you are
sending it to someone who didn't request it then it's spam.

You don't determine if an email is spam by the *content*, you
determine if it is spam by the *consent*. If you send marketing
emails to individuals who A) have not given you prior consent to send
said emails and B) in violation of eBay's policy on sending marketing
email to your eBay trading partners, then it's spam.

I don't remember the gory details now (so many years later), but IIRC
this topic (of you being a spammer) all started because someone who
received your emails did NOT consent to receive them and complained to
eBay.

jc

Old July 12th 05, 05:03 AM
ROK Hound

Frank Provasek wrote:
"NoUser" wrote in message
When Frank writes things here that I think are stupid the people
here who care about children, that is not about cuss words, but

Vulgar langauge is prohibited by the TOS of virtually all ISPs.

Bull****.

ROK.

Frank Provasek Collection- fagfrankprovasekpicturewithtext1.JPG (1/1) Frank Provasek Coins 1 August 24th 04 10:02 AM
Frank Provasek selling Accugrade!! Wyates9339 Coins 14 December 22nd 03 11:27 PM
Provasek NARU?! Fred A. Murphy Coins 22 November 14th 03 11:52 PM
HAHAHA Frank Provasek Bhncbad2 Coins 1 October 25th 03 05:53 AM