FIP Website Evaluation 2003 News

Old August 11th 03, 07:12 PM
Victor Manta

Default FIP Website Evaluation 2003 News

"ron walenciak" wrote in message
I was under the impression that it was cancelled because the judges didn't
have "time"... not because they cracked under pressure g. But, I suppose
one could be a cover for the other...

Ron

From the last number of the Stamps of India Collectors Companion I have
learned that in the report of the 63rd FIP Board meeting (June 8 and 9, 2003
at Mulhouse, France) it is written that the competition was cancelled for
financial reasons.

This doesn't totally coincide with what appears on the Web page of our
friend Toke Norby:
http://www.norbyhus.dk/fipliterature/fipeval03.html ,

and what Ron has mentioned in his posting...

--
Victor Manta
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org

Old August 11th 03, 09:12 PM
Toke Nørby

"Victor Manta" wrote:

From the last number of the Stamps of India Collectors Companion I have
learned that in the report of the 63rd FIP Board meeting (June 8 and 9, 2003
at Mulhouse, France) it is written that the competition was cancelled for
financial reasons.

This doesn't totally coincide with what appears on the Web page of our
friend Toke Norby:
http://www.norbyhus.dk/fipliterature/fipeval03.html ,

and what Ron has mentioned in his posting...

You're right, Victor. I haven't seen the magazine you refer to (I
haven't heard about it before) but the editor might have mixed up
something. At the FIP home page http://www.f-i-p.ch/ you can see this
in the headline:

"Web-site Competition 2003 cancelled
We are sorry to announce that the FIP evaluation of philatelic Web
sites for 2003 has been cancelled.
According to Francis Kiddle, chairman of the FIP Literature Commission
and FIP director, Charles Peterson, the need for this action was
realized last month when the requirements of other duties of the
primary participants in the operation of these evaluations this summer
became apparent. Entry fees already paid will be refunded. The FIP
Board will evaluate and decide at the next meeting if the competition
will be taken up again in 2004"

Here the text is in sync with the text on the literature commission's
web site.

We can - on the FIP web site also - see that FIP has discussed its
financial situation, which - as far as I know - has nothing to do with
the - now missing - 2003 web site evaluation fee! :-)

--
Mvh Toke
http://www.norbyhus.dk/