Received Yosemite Quarters today!!!

Old August 27th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Received Yosemite Quarters today!!!

I received two Yosemite "P" mint Quarters from a pop machine in
Bloomington, IL. The Mint has really squeezed the coin's relief down
to an exceptionally low level.

oly
Old August 28th 10, 07:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jass[_2_]

I havent seen any see quarters past DC. And only ONE DC coin.

I never had this kind of situation before 2009.
Old August 28th 10, 01:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Aug 28, 12:25*am, Jass wrote:
I havent seen any see quarters past DC. And only ONE DC coin.

I never had this kind of situation before 2009.

Over the last two weeks, I've gotten several DC quarters. However,
since I stick them into Dansco albums if they are of acceptable
overall quality, that makes me part of the problem, comme d'habitude.

In the grand scheme of things, (1) the mintages for the 2009 DC&TERR
quarters and the first two NPQs are relatively low, and (2) the
combined effects of the high early mintages of SQs and the present
very slow national economy have resulted in a situation where banks
don't need to order additional quarters from the Fed.

There will surely be a burst of 2009 quarters in circulation someday.
It might take several years before that happens.

oly
Old August 30th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard L. Hall[_2_]

"Jass" wrote in message
I havent seen any see quarters past DC. And only ONE DC coin.

I never had this kind of situation before 2009.

Same here! I haven't gotten any quarters past the DC one either.

I also went through 20 rolls of nickels a couple of weeks ago and didn't
find a single 2009 or 2010 nickel. I did find a nice 1942-D though.

--
Richard
http://coins.richlh.com/MyCoinLinks.htm

Old August 30th 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard L. Hall[_2_]

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
On 2010.08.28 07:08:20, oly wrote:
On Aug 28, 12:25 am, wrote:
I havent seen any see quarters past DC. And only ONE DC coin.

I never had this kind of situation before 2009.

Over the last two weeks, I've gotten several DC quarters. However,
since I stick them into Dansco albums if they are of acceptable
overall quality, that makes me part of the problem, comme d'habitude.

In the grand scheme of things, (1) the mintages for the 2009 DC&TERR
quarters and the first two NPQs are relatively low, and (2) the
combined effects of the high early mintages of SQs and the present
very slow national economy have resulted in a situation where banks
don't need to order additional quarters from the Fed.

There will surely be a burst of 2009 quarters in circulation someday.
It might take several years before that happens.

I've gotten at least one of each of the territorial designs, too, one or
the other mintmark. If you check the USMint's website, you'll see that
production is down PRECIPITOUSLY, from about 500M of each design (both
mintmarks together) of the state quarters through Hawaii to 60M-70M of
each design of the park quarters. For 2009, DC and PR were 172M and 139M,
respectively, and the other territories were generally in the range of
80M.

That's not surprising! Mintage of coins usually drops dramatically during a
recession and this recession is probably the worst since the great
depression although in the Reagan depression of 1982-1983 was also very bad.
Then, the unemployment rate hit 10.1% in September 1982, peaked at 10.8% in
November and December 1982, and stayed above 10% for 10 months falling to
9.4% in July 1983. There were no mint sets made in 1982 or 1983 and, in
1982, other than the cent, mintages of most coins were well below that of
previous years.

Old August 31st 10, 08:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jass[_2_]

That's not surprising! *Mintage of coins usually drops dramatically during a
recession and this recession is probably the worst since the great
depression although in the Reagan depression of 1982-1983 was also very bad.
Then, the unemployment rate hit 10.1% in September 1982, peaked at 10.8% in
November and December 1982, and stayed above 10% for 10 months falling to
9.4% in July 1983. *There were no mint sets made in 1982 or 1983 and, in
1982, other than the cent, mintages of most coins were well below that of
previous years.

Except this recession is accompanied with major changes to credit card
laws which mean more people should be using cash (than in 2006, not
1982)

Old August 31st 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Aug 31, 3:41*am, Jass wrote:
That's not surprising! *Mintage of coins usually drops dramatically during a
recession and this recession is probably the worst since the great
depression although in the Reagan depression of 1982-1983 was also very bad.
Then, the unemployment rate hit 10.1% in September 1982, peaked at 10.8% in
November and December 1982, and stayed above 10% for 10 months falling to
9.4% in July 1983. *There were no mint sets made in 1982 or 1983 and, in
1982, other than the cent, mintages of most coins were well below that of
previous years.

Except this recession is accompanied with major changes to credit card
laws which mean more people should be using cash (than in 2006, not
1982)

From what I've read and heard (I was only 2 years old in 1982) credit
cards were a lot harder to get in 1982. There is the other problem.

Received At The Bank Today.. scottishmoney Paper Money 3 February 12th 08 08:40 PM
Montana quarters received Dave Allured Coins 1 February 12th 07 01:21 PM
Another swap received today Bland Allison Coins 0 August 2nd 06 02:02 AM
FL Quarters: Received SeaFarer62 Coins 0 April 4th 04 02:19 AM
Michigan Quarters Received Robert Halonen Coins 25 February 9th 04 07:17 PM