Congress mandates use of "In God We Trust"

Old June 11th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Brian O

Default Congress mandates use of "In God We Trust"

"PC" wrote in message

"Brian O" wrote in message

I am saying that they came from different people. It is prefectly
natural
for humans to get small details wrong (MR HINZ-END). I would expect

God
be perfect in his recollection.

It is also perfectly reasonable for anyone to have a different

perspective
on the same event.

But this is God's perspective according to you. Now you aren't so sure of
yourself.

You seem to know a lot about me. Sir you really have no clue.

Thats why there is more than one Gospel.

Right because they were written in different times by different people who
differed on details because that is what happens when stories are passed
down in time. This is the whole of the Bible. You are finally getting

it.

The Synoptic Gospels were written between 50 and 60 ad, and the Gospel of
John between 80 and 90 ad, well withing the time frame of the Apostles
lives. The early church fathers all attest to this time frame and to the
authorship of the Gospels. We have over 25,000 pieces and parchments for
the NT alone, and all attest to the accuracy of what was written in the
Bible. For you to say they were passed down in time is an uninformed,
unqualified statement. The OT we had prior to the discovery of the Dead Sea
Scrolls was made of copies in the middle ages. The significance of the Dead
Sea Scrolls is that it affirmed the accuracy of these middle aged copies by
setting the date back before the birth of Christ. The accuracy of these
middle aged documents was so very close to those of the Dead Sea Scrolls it
showed that the OT was painstakenly passed down for many thousands of years
by the scribes in charge of them. They were so meticulous that if they made
a mistake, they destroyed the whole scroll and started their copy over. No,
there is no question of the authenticity and accuracy of the Bible.

Let me explain to you. The events other than the Gospels and Kings and
Chronicles are of the same perspective.
There is no other way to look at
them.

And?

Oh, and you mentioned a message. What might that message be?

Yeah, I figured as much.