Pins and sockets

Old November 4th 04, 10:27 PM

Default Pins and sockets

Ive got a few bad 3 and 4 pin plugs and a broken 11 pin socket on my amp
and reciver for my Seeburg HF 100G. What is the best source for stuff like
that?.......Mickey

Old November 4th 04, 10:40 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

You should be able to source them from Newark Electronics - that's where I
purchased mine from when I was doing amp and receiver repairs. The 11-pin
socket is made by Wire Pro, Inc. (WPI) - unfortunately, I don't remember the
part number. The cable plug is 86-CP11; you should be able to find a match
there. Amphenol makes the 3- and 4-pin variety.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old November 5th 04, 03:40 AM
Jim Murphy

YOu can find them on the internet under Newark Electronics. Also try Antique
Electronics and Allied ELectronics. If you get in big trouble I may have
some laying around somewhere. Jim

Old November 5th 04, 05:08 AM

This is my first jukebox, so I really have no clue what to ask
for or if Im asking for the right parts. I received the service and parts
manual and the installation and operating manual today in the mail from that
I ordered from victory glass. If I look up the plugs and sockets I need and
get the part numbers from the book, can Newark get me what I need from those
numbers?? If not, Im going to be completely lost!!.........Mickey

Old November 5th 04, 12:23 PM
Jim Murphy

OK, Depending on how serious you are about continuing to restore these you
will want to get set up with the basic paper tools.

Here is where I would start. Go back to the message from Tony where he gives
you the part number for the cable and some other information and launch from
there.
1. Locate some old Newark Electronics, Hugh Peters or Allied catalogs say
from the '50s or '60's maybe find them on eBAy.
2. Get new catalogs from the same companies. Or find any other people who
sell electronics
3. Get a catalog from Antique Electronics.
4. From the pictures determine the part you need. The sockets and plugs were
made by Amphenol. Even finding an old Amphenol catalog will be helpful. I
always look in old book stores/flea markets,junky antique stores for
electronics parts catalogs, magazines and how to manuals.

YOu may have to locate used parts on some of these items as the demand may
have dropped to where the original manufacturer no longer makes the parts.
Also check out Mendelson's Electronics in DAyton, OH. http://www.meci.com/
The largest old surplus electronice store anywhere. Unfortunately you have
to make a personal visit to really find anything. They have litterally 1/3
of a city block on one floor of just old electrical/electronics parts. Much
of it surplus from Wright Patterson AFB and from the government defence
procurement facility in DAyton. Some of the stuff in there has been there
since the '60s. There are others around the country. You will pick up names
on this newsgroup along the way.

The connector series I think you are looking for is the Amphenol 86 series.

This is more than you asked for but maybe something in here will help along
the way. I've been working with this stuff since 1969 and actually worked as
a salesman for Allied Electronics Industrial Division for a while that year.
I've been soldering wires since the early '60s and have been going to
Mendohlsons since 1971. Boy am I an old coot!
Jim