Any Juke boxes for sale in Georgia?How do I find them?

Old October 1st 04, 02:35 PM

Default Any Juke boxes for sale in Georgia?How do I find them?

Is there anyway to find out if any Juke boxes are for sale in a specific
area.....like Georgia? I want to get my first one. I dont have a lot of
money but I dont mind working on one and making it better but it should at
least work, as my experiance obviously is limited since Ive never had one,
but I dont know where to begin? I want to be able to go look it, so out of
state stuff that I cant see is out of the question. I want to see whats
available localluy but dont know where to begin or who to talk
to!..........Mickey

Old October 1st 04, 02:43 PM

I should also add, that being my first one, I would want to find a
dependable model that still has readily available parts so that I can
restore it if needed. Any suggestions on what model to look for and how I
can find one in my area would be greatly appreciated.....Mickey

Old October 2nd 04, 02:50 AM
Bob E.

Is there anyway to find out if any Juke boxes are for sale in a specific
area.....like Georgia? I want to get my first one. I dont have a lot of
money but I dont mind working on one and making it better but it should at
least work, as my experiance obviously is limited since Ive never had one,
but I dont know where to begin? I want to be able to go look it, so out of
state stuff that I cant see is out of the question. I want to see whats
available localluy but dont know where to begin or who to talk
to!

I see plenty of posts from you on the pinball newsgroup, so some of
the same advice as applies to people looking for a pinball game
(especially their first) will be applicable to jukeboxes.

First off, define what you want in a jukebox: Do you want to play
78's, 45's, CD's, or possibly MP3's? If a vinyl jukebox, do you
want a flashy, lighted up look? Bubble tubes? or something more
recent in appearance, say from the disco era? Do you want to
be able to see the mechanism while the record plays? Do you want
a tube amplifier? Stereo or mono? There are a lot of things to
narrow down first. You might want to pick up a copy of Always
Jukin' magazine (
www.alwaysjukin.com), there are plenty of
advertisers in there to help. The only one I can think of in
Georgia off the top of my head is Jukebox Junkyard in Lizella.
Give Wes a call (478-935-2721) and see what he has for you. He
will have lots of opinions and knowledge to help you find a
good candidate for your first jukebox. Don't forget, if you
get a jukebox, it automatically means you become a record
collector! --Bob

Bob Ellingson
Halted Specialties Co., Inc.
http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)
Old October 2nd 04, 07:23 AM

Ive got tons of old 45`s from way back when and even as recent as a few
years ago bought a bunch of oldies from a place called "Eat more records".
Now Ive got all these records and no juke box! Definately I want one that
plays 45`s. Stereo would be nice, I would like to see the record playing
although I suppose not neccessary and I would like lights but I dont need
anything real flashy. I also should say I dont have a thousand dollars or
more to spend either. I had lost hope of getting one a few years ago, but
was just recently at a pinball party and the guy had a juke box! Nothing
fancy, a few lights, and cosmetically it needed a little work, but the thing
worked and played fine! He told me he paid $75 for it and had to put $50
into it to get it working!! I about fell over!! This is what Im looking
for!!My hope of getting one was restored! I stopped looking a few years ago
thinking I would need a thousand dollars or more. Maybe I cant find
something that cheap, but something that works , but just needs a little
attention and to be cosmetically restored or cleaned up. He told me there
are deals out there like his as he sees them every so often. I told him, to
keep an eye out for me!!!. Now I should mention his was not a big name
brand, cant remember what it was , but it was not a Rockola, Wurlitzer, Rowe
ect. It was some name Ive never heard of before, but it lite up and worked
and played the record. Obviously I would like one that has parts available
for when I can afford to "fix er up". I dont want to get stuck with one that
there are no available parts. My hope of finding one cheap and being able to
work on it over time was restored after talking to him!...........Mickey

Old October 2nd 04, 03:37 PM
Happy 70's Seeburg Owner

take a look at http://www.jukeboxparts.com

look for a 70s seeburg you can pick them up cheep and there a
workhorse and they sound great.

some of them are ugly im sure you'll find a model that suits your fancy

Olympian Owner
Jim W