Groff Conklin disappointment

Old August 29th 04, 05:15 AM
Bud Webster

Palmer, I'm only here to say this one time, and then as far as I'm
concerned you no longer exist - would that were true.

John Pelan is an established writer and publisher, in a way that
counts: he's been paid for it. His career happens in the Real World,
somewhere in which you apparently no longer reside, assuming you ever
did. He has no need to prove anything to *anyone* here, including
yourself.

You, on the other hand, are a joke, and a not terribly funny one at
that. Your "fame" is mere notoriety, and your accolades either
non-existant, or at best, unimportant.

I don't care - and I suspect no one else here cares - how many words
you've typed on-line in your bid for Internet Celebrity. You can do
that just by logging on and leaning on your keyboard. Anyone who's
ever read slush (and I assure you that John and I, as well as Lawrence
Person and Paghat and any number of others here have done so) knows
that there are those people who continue to write, continue to submit,
even though their chances of selling anything to a REAL publisher are
unequivocally nil. Yet they try, year after year, long past the point
that their attempts to be Writers have any real meaning past whatever
minor entertainment value they might give to a weary editor slogging
through yet another badly-printed (and hideously written) story.

Any of those - ANY of those - are far more likely than you are to gain
anything beyond the mild respect due someone with perseverence.

You're a joke, Palmer, and it's all you'll ever be.

Old August 29th 04, 05:37 AM
Tom

Bud Webster wrote:

Palmer, I'm only here to say this one time, and then as far as I'm
concerned you no longer exist - would that were true.

John Pelan is an established writer and publisher, in a way that
counts: he's been paid for it. His career happens in the Real World,
somewhere in which you apparently no longer reside, assuming you ever
did. He has no need to prove anything to *anyone* here, including
yourself........
More tripe cut...

Looks like case of "Asinus asinum fricat"....
Old August 29th 04, 06:19 AM
paghat

In article , news.isomedia.com
wrote:

On 28 Aug 2004 17:07:19 -0700, (Bill
Palmer) wrote more of his general idiocy which has been snipped...

All that one needs to know about Mr. Palmer may be found he

http://www.lart.com/auk/whiners.html

Cheers,

John

Further proof of the Palmjob's fame & significance at these sites:
http://www.parrot.net/pfaq.htm
http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/palmer.html
I wouldn't make light of it; none of the rest of us have a chance in hell
of ever scoring our own chapter in The Social History of Usenutters, let
alone its FIRST chapter.

But some folks at the Karl Malden Nose newsgroup have provided speculative
evidence that the original Palmjob was murdered about 1998 & his "life"
was taken over by a pseudo-palmjob who had formerly posted under the name
Earl Curley (Curley having faked his own suicide after making predictions
of his pending death, in order to make it more convincing that he was
thereafter the Palmjob himself). As the story goes, when Curley saw that
Palmjob was in the UseNet dictionary listed as a synonym for Kookmeister
General, Troll, & Usenutter, whereas Curley wasn't even mentioned under
Kook Wannabes, Curley felt he had no choice but to fake his own death,
kill Palmjob, & adopt Palmjob's "personality." Others say Palmjob wasn't
murdered by Curley at all, but has always been just one of the split
personalities of Raymond Karczewski, as kRayZ thinks he is Jesus Christ in
pretty much the same way Palmjob thinks he's a writer.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old August 29th 04, 10:17 AM
Tom

wrote:

On 28 Aug 2004 17:07:19 -0700, (Bill
Palmer) wrote more of his general idiocy which has been snipped...

All that one needs to know about Mr. Palmer may be found he

http://www.lart.com/auk/whiners.html

Cheers,

John

Further proof of the Palmjob's fame & significance at these sites:
http://www.parrot.net/pfaq.htm
http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/palmer.html
I wouldn't make light of it; none of the rest of us have a chance in hell
of ever scoring our own chapter in The Social History of Usenutters, let
alone its FIRST chapter.........more crap cut..

-paghat the ratgirl

Don't sell yourself so short, along with Pelan, Finnan and Webster as
a collection of puerile, small-minded flamers, I'm sure room is
available...

Tom
Old August 29th 04, 03:34 PM
Bill Palmer

wrote:

[...]

Funny. The truth of it, however, is exactly as
I explained to Spankard Pelan. You do not learn
about a writer by reading the flames of sore flame
war losers. You have reposted one "flamer's theory
of Bill Palmer," but I would not make a habit of
that, since there are (literally) many thousand
of other "Bill Palmer flames" in Google, as a result
of the four years I ruled the flame world as the
World Champion of Net Flaming. That is flame war
stuff. Please rememeber that *I* did not bring it
into rec.collecting.books. John Pelan, feeling his
toes already toasted after he attacked me out
of a clear blue sky did.

Anything important anyone wishes to learn about
me can be found in "Facts in the Case of Bill
Palmer" "HOW I STOLE THE BILL PALMER NAME!"
"If this be webtrance..." "The Warthogs
of Helicon," "The Vast Humor of Dali," "Tar
Baby," "Keyboarding Quasimodo" and in my
hundreds of other famous Usenet articles,
as well as in poems such as "Gothic Whispers,"
and "Wordscreens of the World."

Mr. Palmer
Room 314

-paghat the ratgirl

Old August 29th 04, 03:40 PM
Bill Palmer

wrote:

On 28 Aug 2004 17:07:19 -0700, (Bill
Palmer) wrote more of his general idiocy which has been snipped...

All that one needs to know about Mr. Palmer may be found he

http://www.lart.com/auk/whiners.html

Cheers,

John

Further proof of the Palmjob's fame & significance at these sites:
http://www.parrot.net/pfaq.htm
http://www.killfile.org/dungeon/why/palmer.html
I wouldn't make light of it; none of the rest of us have a chance in hell
of ever scoring our own chapter in The Social History of Usenutters, let
alone its FIRST chapter.........more crap cut..

-paghat the ratgirl

Don't sell yourself so short, along with Pelan, Finnan and Webster as
a collection of puerile, small-minded flamers, I'm sure room is
available...

Well, their entire flame-schtick is silly.
How much brainpower does it take to scurry
to Google and come back to rec.collecting.
books and post, in a most off-topic fashion,
old flames posted by notorious spankards
(sore flame war losers)? I did not come
to rec.collecting books to flame, and I
don't think most readers here appreciate
Pelan or anyone else trying to make this
group an archive of old Usenet flames.
If anyone wants to learn anything
significant about me, the only way to
do that is to read my stand alone articles,
but since I have just cited a few, I won't
repeat their titles here.

Mr. Palmer
Room 314

Tom

Old August 29th 04, 03:55 PM
Bill Palmer

"michael adams" wrote in message ...
Alice a.k.a." paghat" wrote in message
news
Further proof of the Palmjob's fame

Alice, and do I hope you don't mind me calling you Alice*
my dear, what with you being one of the more senior members of
staff, one might have thought one could expected at least some
smidgen of originality from you, after all these years.

What with that, and spending all day either engaging in office
tittle-tattle and gossip about Palmer, or using office resources
to make up stencils and run off sheets of scurrilous information
on the office duplicating machines, isn't exactly how we expect
our more senior members of staff to behave.

Well, their schtick is extremely lame.
The fact that there are plenty of archived
flames by "spankards" (sore flame war losers)
in Google about someone who was World Champion
of Usenet flaming for four years, should not
surprise anyone. On the other hand, apart from
such silliness, I have already listded the titles
of a number of articles which anyone who wants to
learn about me can read.

Bill Palmer
Room 314

I believe there are at present a number of vacancies in the
Typing Pool at Penge, if you think you'd find that sort of work
more amenable to you.

Oh and while you're at it, get rid of all those horrible plants
of yours will you? This is supposed to be an office, not a Hot
House in Kew Gardens.

Oh and my tea was cold this morning.

That will be all.

Colonel Dalby

* Those Google Archives can indeed be a very cruel mistress at times.

Actually, I am delighted with them. One way
to look at Usenet is to imagine that each poster
is writing a book. There is the book of Michael
Adams, the book of John Pelan, the book of Bill
Palmer, etc. Of course, those metaphorical
"books" always need considerable editing, but
one can find them -- providing a poster is
contributing anything. What any poster actually
owns in Google is his or her original writing.
In my case, that includes my many hundreds of
stand alones. I do not own, nor wish to own,
the drivel of sore-losing flame war "spankards,"
so such screeds and feeble attempts at witticism
really have nothing to do with me in any
significant sense. So, I guess one could
say that "Usenet can be a cruel mistriss," if
a poster of many years standing like Pelan
and a few others has no coyyrighted property
there to point to with pride.

Mr. Palmer
Room 314 in the upstairs office.

Old August 29th 04, 04:06 PM
Bill Palmer

Bud Webster wrote in message . ..
[...]

Essentially, all you do there is repeat some
stale old drivel to the effect that writers
only exist to the extent that a REAL PUBLISHER
waves the fairy wand, hands a check to the
writer, and thereby makes the lucky person a REAL
PRINTED WRITER. Also, your words tip me off that
you are a member of the Usenet Leveller's Society,
whose members insist that "no one puts good
writing in Usenet, so we are all eqkual" Well,
I disagree. We are all equal here in that we
all, from the newbie to the net legend, need
to follow the same basic rules and respect
the same important customs and traditions.
Yet, we certainly are not equal in talent for
entertaining readers, and -- as Google
follow-up makes clear -- some of us have
far more verifiable readers than others
do. Hopes this helps. (And by the
way, there is little in your screed
that was not posted at least five
years ago by nose-out-of-joint print
world types in misc.writing at least
five years ago, when I started espousing
my "radical" views about writing and the
net.)

Bill Palmer
Room 314
Old August 29th 04, 07:12 PM
Haunted River

John Pelan wrote in message . ..
On 28 Aug 2004 17:07:19 -0700, (Bill
Palmer) wrote more of his general idiocy which has been snipped...

All that one needs to know about Mr. Palmer may be found he

http://www.lart.com/auk/whiners.html

Cheers,

John

And much of what one might wish to know about John Pelan and Jessica
Amanda Salmonson can be found he

http://hauntedriver.co.uk/page10

TTFN,

A Leveller

Conklin discovery Bud Webster Books 19 September 17th 04 02:13 AM
Bud Webster and Groff Conklin Tim Doyle Books 1 August 23rd 04 04:04 PM
Conklin Questions Dave J Pens & Pencils 1 June 10th 04 01:59 AM
WTB:Modern Conklin Endura kasey Pens & Pencils 0 October 21st 03 06:48 AM