No commercial postings, please!

Old February 14th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default No commercial postings, please!

erratum: "pea brain" substituted for "mullet-head"

"fundoc" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"fundoc" wrote in message

But is it hypocritical enough to where I get to get a rise
out of Yamamoto each and every time I kick him for doing it?
Evidently it is.

Where you may have had a point, is that a post containing
the bare exhortation combined with a sig could certainly
be interpreted as being either hypocritical and or grossly
ironical, by any spamming newbie who was unaware of John's
substantive contributions to the NewsGroup. Which substantive
contributions legitimise the inclusion of a sig, according
to the terms of the FAQ, at least.

The inclusion of a sig in those circumstances could certainly
be interpreted in that way, by the very person to whom the
post was mainly addressed. But not by anyone else.

Unfortunately for you however, you never actually made that
point, did you ?

Oh dear. As usually happens when my little spanktards get
together for a circle jerk, you forgot to bring the cookie.

Allow me: http://tinyurl.com/amqwt

Unfortunately for you pea-brain, your little joke sort of
misfired. Given that "Sterno" is largely unknown in the UK.
To the intended recipient at least.

Having to look up trade names, sort of lessens the impact!

As I said to you previously, lard brain "so near and yet so far".

Hoot!

michael adams

Old February 14th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"fundoc" wrote in message

[...]

Unfortunately for you mullet-head,

Oh dear.

your little joke sort of
misfired. Given that "Sterno" is largely unknown in the UK.
To the intended recipient at least.

Having to look up trade names, sort of lessens the impact!

So to recap: you clicked on the blind link,

As you went to all the trouble of scouring the Net (1) for
something you considered suitable, it was the very least
I could do.

read the text, were forced to
google the words

"Sterno" happens to be one word.

you didn't understand, and are now whinging about it: "What
a dull pin," said the bag of gas. Sounds like a bullseye to me.

Incidentally, here's your local Sterno distributor. I think they have

volume
discounts.

Alex Muirhead
Kingsmark Products Ltd.
Hartnoll Business Centre
Post Hill
Tiverton EX16 4NG England
Phone: 011 44 1884255
Fax: 011 44 1884 252 090

http://www.candlecorpfs.com/sternofs...bsite_Intl.pdf

And you scoured the Net (2) to find a supplier for me as well.

Sweet!

That looks like 2-1 in my favour, I believe.

michael adams

Old February 14th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"fundoc" wrote in message

[...]

Scour the net? WTF. I made the little cookie picture myself and posted it on
the interweb to the delight of my many fans. Just as I favor them with
another later on in this post.

read the text, were forced to
google the words

"Sterno" happens to be one word.

One word that you had too look up, yes. Perhaps some day if you meet a nice
girl and take her and mummy to dinner and they bring the fondue to the table
you'll look back and thank me for teaching it to you. In the meanwhile if
you keep a civil tongue in your head perhaps we'll move on to definitions of
three syllable words you don't understand. Like "salary." And "vagina."

you didn't understand, and are now whinging about it: "What
a dull pin," said the bag of gas. Sounds like a bullseye to me.

Incidentally, here's your local Sterno distributor. I think they have

volume
discounts.

Alex Muirhead
Kingsmark Products Ltd.
Hartnoll Business Centre
Post Hill
Tiverton EX16 4NG England
Phone: 011 44 1884255
Fax: 011 44 1884 252 090

http://www.candlecorpfs.com/sternofs...bsite_Intl.pdf

And you scoured the Net (2) to find a supplier for me as well.

For data sets where scour = typing "sterno england" into Google.

In any event, you're not getting it. See, I troll, er, post whatever amuses
me whenever I want however I want. And then you -- blissfully unaware of the
fact that the only thing lamer than someone who has to explain why his jokes
are funny is someone who feels the need to explain why someone else's little
jokes aren't -- tell me how ineffectual my trolls are, but only after you've
finished doing the research that enables you to understand them.

Sweet!

http://tinyurl.com/ey224

That looks like 2-1 in my favour, I believe.

Huh. Had I known that you were keeping score of your usenet posts I would
have wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are. I'm sorry. Did I
say "wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are"? I meant paid
closer attention to what you were saying.

Old February 14th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

news

"fundoc" wrote in message

[...]

That's even sweeter!

I'm sure all your fans are really touched. Almost as touched as
you are.

read the text, were forced to
google the words

"Sterno" happens to be one word.

One word that you had too look up, yes. Perhaps some day if you meet a

nice
girl and take her and mummy to dinner and they bring the fondue to the

table
you'll look back and thank me for teaching it to you. In the meanwhile if
you keep a civil tongue in your head perhaps we'll move on to definitions

of
three syllable words you don't understand. Like "salary." And "vagina."

So they use this "Sterno" in the restaurants around where you come
from then, do they dear ?

Sweet!

[...]

So is that your boyfriend dear, or is that you ?

In either case I think you should try and lay off of the Big Macs
and fries for a while, and try and get out in the sun a bit more.
As that deathly skin pallor doesn't look too healthy to me.

Although maybe you like him that way. There's no accounting
for taste, as they say.

That looks like 2-1 in my favour, I believe.

Huh. Had I known that you were keeping score of your usenet posts I would
have wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are. I'm sorry. Did

say "wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are"? I meant paid
closer attention to what you were saying.

Er, I think that's now 3-1 to me, somehow.

Much more of this and readers - all two of them - might get the idea
you were really getting upset.

Just don't take it out on your boyfriend there, o.k?

michael adams

Old February 14th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"michael adams" wrote in message

news

"fundoc" wrote in message

[...]

Homo lame

dear

Creepy

or is that you ?

IKYABWAI.

In either case I think you should try and lay off of the Big Macs
and fries for a while,

IKYABWAI

and try and get out in the sun a bit more.

IKYABWAI

As that deathly skin pallor doesn't look too healthy to me.

IKYABWAI

Although maybe you like him that way.

Homo lame

There's no accounting
for taste, as they say.

Homo lame

That looks like 2-1 in my favour, I believe.

Huh. Had I known that you were keeping score of your usenet posts I would
have wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are. I'm sorry. Did

say "wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are"? I meant paid
closer attention to what you were saying.

Er, I think that's now 3-1 to me, somehow.

Wank.

Much more of this and readers - all two of them - might get the idea
you were really getting upset.

IKYABWAI

Just don't take it out on your boyfriend there, o.k?

Homo lame.

michael adams

Wank.

Old February 14th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"fundoc" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

news

"fundoc" wrote in message

[...]

Is he ? Oh dear! Give him my regards anyway.

dear

Creepy

or is that you ?

IKYABWAI.

You're the one who posts photos of naked men.

In either case I think you should try and lay off of the Big Macs
and fries for a while,

IKYABWAI

You're the one who posts photos of naked men.

and try and get out in the sun a bit more.

IKYABWAI

You're the one who posts photos of naked men.

As that deathly skin pallor doesn't look too healthy to me.

IKYABWAI

You're the one who posts photos of naked men. How many more times?

Although maybe you like him that way.

Homo lame

Never mind. He may get better.

There's no accounting
for taste, as they say.

Homo lame

I know, but we all have our crosses to bear.

That looks like 2-1 in my favour, I believe.

Huh. Had I known that you were keeping score of your usenet posts I

would
have wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are. I'm sorry.

Did
say "wet my pants laughing at what a ****ing wank you are"? I meant

paid
closer attention to what you were saying.

Er, I think that's now 3-1 to me, somehow.

Wank.

So you can manage to do that and type at the same time then ?

Much more of this and readers - all two of them - might get the idea
you were really getting upset.

IKYABWAI

You're the one who posts photos of naked men. Don't say you've
forgotten already.

Just don't take it out on your boyfriend there, o.k?

Homo lame.

That's not the reason why he's lame is it?

michael adams

Wank.

That's twice now, and all in the space of ten seconds.

Your powers of recovery, never mind dexterity are a wonder to
behold.

michael adams

Old February 14th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

[:: Dropping around for his quarterly check-in to see how the
"brainchild" is doing...::]

Well, I see that nothing has changed around here.

I should have dropped this group from the UseNet namespace when it was
five years old.

Damn shame, really. :-(

- Scot Kamins
Old February 14th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:14:26 -0800, Scot Kamins
wrote:

[:: Dropping around for his quarterly check-in to see how the
"brainchild" is doing...::]

Well, I see that nothing has changed around here.

I should have dropped this group from the UseNet namespace when it was
five years old.

Damn shame, really. :-(

Scott, for what it's worth, I'm still here. Most of what goes on is
stiill substantive, if not at the rate RCB was doing in its Glory
Days.

Fundoc is a yobbo who baits others until they respond in kind, you
know that. Michael Adams has, by and large, been extremely helpful
and more than reasonable in the past year, too, he just can't resist
pulling Fundoc's chain when he acts like an asshole. Same with John.

Don't give up on us yet.
Old February 15th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

wrote:

[:: Dropping around for his quarterly check-in to see how the
"brainchild" is doing...::]

Well, I see that nothing has changed around here.

I should have dropped this group from the UseNet namespace when it was
five years old.

Damn shame, really. :-(

- Scot Kamins

This exchange is actually somewhat of an anomaly, it's been pretty
on-topic and civil of late.

Cheers,

John
Old February 15th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

on Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:14:26 -0800, Scot Kamins stated:

[:: Dropping around for his quarterly check-in to see how the
"brainchild" is doing...::]

Well, I see that nothing has changed around here.

It *is* usenet, after all.
There're bound to be a few who need to get a room,
now and then.

I should have dropped this group from the UseNet namespace when it was
five years old.

Nah. Fun stuff around here, sometimes. Just
requires the typical rolling of eyes for those
who demonstrate their pathological need to
embarrass themselves in public.

Damn shame, really. :-(

Ya done a good thing with this group. Don't worry
about it.

-Allison