UPDATE - HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS SHOW - PART 1

Old June 30th 03, 04:55 PM
Barefootmk

Default UPDATE - HOLLYWOOD COLLECTORS SHOW - PART 1

todd. i went to my first of these shows i have ever been to. i was really
interested to see michael madsen at this thing cause he really hates talking
and greeting fans. true to form.....he totally was drunk when he arrived on
saturday and me and a few friends were going to make a betting pool to see when
he was going to puke. sure enough, around 1 pm he was in the bathroom yacking
his guts out right before he had lunch.
another sidebar, while waiting in line with my friend for vern troyer...steven
bauer ran to the bathroom to do some coke. i knew he was doing it when it took
so long for him to come out of the bathrrom and when he did he was sniffling
like crazy. my buddy asked him for a picture with (which he gladly obliged) and
the agent with him told steven right in front of him that they were both losing
money for taking the pictures for free. but steven stood and talked to us for a
while while bumming a cigarette off my buddy. he couldn't stand still and was
shaking and rubbing his nose constantly. nice to know where your money goes
with these stars huh?
anyway todd, were you the fat guy running around with your mom?
Old June 30th 03, 05:00 PM
Dahoov2

My guess is they do this because they are depressed about their lives
and careers and do these shows out of desperation. If they were stars
like Hanks, Cruise or Kidman etc, they'd not be at cons... we as
collectors do tend to live and the past and probably the demand for
their sigs is out of sentiment. Doing so allows them to at least get
some income and they should appreciate that, but hopefully, most don't
use the income to drown their sorrows, but enhance their lives iin
more positive ways.

Old June 30th 03, 10:24 PM
Todd F.

Yep, that was me... My mom loves going to the shows. I took her one
time and now she always wants to go. I would love to know who the fat guy
was that ran upto me, jumping up and down, screaming something to the
matter, not quoting exactly, "It's Arena, it's Todd's Arena, I can't leave
without getting a photo with Todd" and took a picture with me. He also
looked at my mom and asked, "Are you the mom?" This guy was nuts. I thought
it was hilarious and I posed for a photo.. haha.. He was bigger than me
hehe.. so I'd like to have a copy of that photo if the person is reading
this.

I stopped posting about all the drugs, alcohol, and sex, yep sex..
that goes on at the show.. I got tired of doing it... Plus these same
celebs, and their celeb friends, see me at the show all the time and goto my
site haha...

Michael was totally lit man... He was so sh*t-faced I was
laughing... I think he was on more then an beer binge... He kept swerving
back and forth in his chair and looking up in the air as if he was going to
fall off.

Did Michael Jai White ever show up? I left early and I heard he was
a no-show...

One question flying around the event was who the hell was Franken
Hooker??? Roger from Bijou Colllectibles brought Franken Hooker photos in
his SHOW-BOOK. I remember seeing Franken Hooker one time on the list but
maybe the person cancled.. I couldn't find it on the current list.

For you to choose this show to be your first wasn't a good idea.
There's been WAY BETTER shows.

Todd F.
--
Todd's Autograph Arena