A Idea for those Holes

Old March 15th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Donald Weber

Default A Idea for those Holes

A while ago there was a thread about what do with those holes in our coin
books for coins we have that are slabbed. Do we break them out and pop them
in, create tinny pictures to fill the hole? I had a thought that I'd like to
throw out there and see what you think.

It occurred to me that you could purchase a planchet of the same type and
diameter of the coin in question. Then take it and have it engraved with the
slabs information, year, type, grade, TPG ID & the coins serial number etc.
Then pop that in the hole. The less you put on the planchet the bigger the
engraving can be. Maybe year, type, grade on the obverse and TPG ID, the
coins serial number on the reverse.

Anyway, just a thought.
Don Weber

Old March 15th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Donald Weber wrote:
A while ago there was a thread about what do with those holes in our
coin books for coins we have that are slabbed. Do we break them out
and pop them in, create tinny pictures to fill the hole? I had a
thought that I'd like to throw out there and see what you think.

It occurred to me that you could purchase a planchet of the same type
and diameter of the coin in question. Then take it and have it
engraved with the slabs information, year, type, grade, TPG ID & the
coins serial number etc. Then pop that in the hole. The less you put
on the planchet the bigger the engraving can be. Maybe year, type,
grade on the obverse and TPG ID, the coins serial number on the
reverse.
Anyway, just a thought.
Don Weber

Good idea for bigger coins, bad idea for the likes of dimes, cents, and
maybe nickels. I have a hard enough time reading the dates on real coins
these days! 8)

James

Old March 15th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"Donald Weber" wrote in message
news
A while ago there was a thread about what do with those holes in our
coin books for coins we have that are slabbed. Do we break them out and
pop them in, create tinny pictures to fill the hole? I had a thought
that I'd like to throw out there and see what you think.

It occurred to me that you could purchase a planchet of the same type
and diameter of the coin in question. Then take it and have it
engraved with the slabs information, year, type, grade, TPG ID & the
coins serial number etc. Then pop that in the hole. The less you put
on the planchet the bigger the engraving can be. Maybe year, type,
grade on the obverse and TPG ID, the coins serial number on the
reverse.

Anyway, just a thought.

Did you remove your head from your ass before or after you had that
"thought"?

Old March 16th 09, 08:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Mar 15, 3:20*pm, "Donald Weber" wrote:
A while ago there was a thread about what do with those holes in our coin
books for coins we have that are slabbed. Do we break them out and pop them
in, create tinny pictures to fill the hole? I had a thought that I'd like to
throw out there and see what you think.

It occurred to me that you could purchase a planchet of the same type and
diameter of the coin in question. Then take it and have it engraved with the
slabs information, year, type, grade, TPG ID & the coins serial number etc.
Then pop that in the hole. The less you put on the planchet the bigger the
engraving can be. Maybe year, type, grade on the obverse and TPG ID, the
coins serial number on the reverse.

Anyway, just a thought.
Don Weber

You could buy a replica of the coin to fill the hole.
Old March 16th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
celtex

"Donald Weber" wrote in message
news
A while ago there was a thread about what do with those holes in our coin
books for coins we have that are slabbed. Do we break them out and pop them
in, create tinny pictures to fill the hole? I had a thought that I'd like
to throw out there and see what you think.

It occurred to me that you could purchase a planchet of the same type and
diameter of the coin in question. Then take it and have it engraved with
the slabs information, year, type, grade, TPG ID & the coins serial number
etc. Then pop that in the hole. The less you put on the planchet the
bigger the engraving can be. Maybe year, type, grade on the obverse and
TPG ID, the coins serial number on the reverse.

Anyway, just a thought.
Don Weber

How about obtaining a coin with same date but lower quality and add a small
sticky dot next it so you'll know that is a placeholder for your slabbed
coin. Or even a coin not that date as it is just a place holder anyway.

Old March 16th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Donald Weber" wrote in message
news
A while ago there was a thread about what do with those holes in our coin
books for coins we have that are slabbed. Do we break them out and pop them
in, create tinny pictures to fill the hole? I had a thought that I'd like
to throw out there and see what you think.

It occurred to me that you could purchase a planchet of the same type and
diameter of the coin in question. Then take it and have it engraved with
the slabs information, year, type, grade, TPG ID & the coins serial number
etc. Then pop that in the hole. The less you put on the planchet the
bigger the engraving can be. Maybe year, type, grade on the obverse and
TPG ID, the coins serial number on the reverse.

Anyway, just a thought.
Don Weber

Unless you're going around showing the album to people and would be
embarassed to have to keep explaining that the empty hole isn't really
empty, what's the big deal? As long as YOU know you have the fellow that
belongs in that hole safely strored away in its slab, who else is there to
care? If you contrived something else to put in the hole, you'd probably
have to explain that anyway.

Old March 17th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"RWF" wrote in message

Anyway, just a thought.

Did you remove your head from your ass before or after you had that
"thought"?

Someone's mind is in the gutter...

Holes in the book . . . Russell[_3_] Coins 21 March 3rd 09 03:38 AM
cutting holes in 45s [email protected] Juke Boxes 4 March 13th 07 05:36 AM
Coins with Holes 2 A.E. Gelat Coins 12 April 24th 06 03:03 AM
Coins with Holes A.E. Gelat Coins 1 April 17th 06 03:02 AM
Coins with Holes A.E. Gelat Coins 0 April 16th 06 06:37 PM