ebay - Change of eBay id email ?????

Old November 3rd 03, 08:59 AM
Varshney

Default ebay - Change of eBay id email ?????

I just got a mail from saying that my email ID is
present in my eBay id.
Did others get a similar mail? Is this a fake email or os this from eBay?

My ebay id DOES NOT contain any email id and that's what is worrying me....

Can someone tell me whether this is authentic or not?

Regards,
Anurag

--
=================
Anurag Varshney

Old November 5th 03, 02:25 PM
Aram H. Haroutunian

Scottishmoney wrote:

"Varshney" wrote in message
I just got a mail from saying that my email ID is
present in my eBay id.
Did others get a similar mail? Is this a fake email or os this from eBay?

My ebay id DOES NOT contain any email id and that's what is worrying

me....

Can someone tell me whether this is authentic or not?

Regards,
Anurag

It is a fake that makes you enter your password, then they hijack your ebay
account and fraudulently sell stuff off and never send it to the buyers,
meanwhile you get stuck with the seller fees and the negative feedback. DO
NOT ever reply to these.

Dave

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Also, any time I am not sure whether the email is legit, I forward
the entire message, complete with all headers to:

I have always received a reply from ebay, almost always two replies.
One thanks me for the forwarded message with complete headers, and
the other tells me that the email was not sent by ebay and to not
open messages like the one I got. HTH
Aram.
Old November 11th 03, 05:19 AM
Audrius Tomonis

Ebay's gone crazy lately. They suspended me because my phone number was
outdated... they're looking for trouble
for no reason, I've quit ebay and won't be going there anymore, but here's
their unlisted Ebay customer service # 1-800-322-9266.

A from www.equay.com

Old November 11th 03, 08:31 PM
Bob Flaminio

Audrius Tomonis wrote:
Ebay's gone crazy lately. They suspended me because my phone number
was outdated.

You're supposed to keep a current phone number on file with eBay. If you
didn't and got NARU'd, that's *your* fault, not theirs.

--
Bob